how does autopop work for the ps5?

rockstarjazz

love to scoop up the plat for this game if available on autopop, i havent done the doomsday heist trophies but thats not needed.

how does it work for autopop? does the ps5 version of the game detect whats been unlocked on the ps4 social club profile of this game? i ask because i havent played the ps4 one in awhile, and recently started playing on pc, so i dont want ps5 to pull info from the pc version.

would it a good idea to open the ps4 version of the game first (playing from the ps5 console), game fully updated, to see if the 100% save file is there for single player, go online for abit, and then close the ps4 game? then load up the ps5 version of the game - does it ask you at the start to sign in to social club when installing? how does it detect the trophies you unlocked for ps4?

can i ask for some simple steps on how to do this please? thanks

It just works how autopop usually works, boot up the PS5 version and you'll get all trophies you have from the PS4 version. It won't grab any PC info because Grand Theft Auto V is not cross-progressive, meaning your saved info from PC won't go to any PlayStation device you also have GTA V on. It won't ever ask you to sign into Social Club unless you try and go to the Crew menu in Online mode. You need the PS5 disc unless you have an upgradable disc (unless there isn't an upgradable disc) because it reads the PS4 disc as the PS4 version in the PS5. As for checking if your PS4 disc has the 100% save file go ahead and do that just to be 110% percent sure you will get a clean autopop on PS5 with all single-player and online trophies. It detects them by looking through your PlayStation profile and seeing which ones you have on an alternative version, and also not all games have autopop. Full list will be below this whole paragraph. :)

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/117600-list-of-ps5-auto-popping-trophies/

Edited by tense-eagle35