First game with non-stackable trophies for PS3-PS4-PSV

Just_Amaz1ng

This seems like a specific case for just Fez. I know Hotline Miami is coming to the PS4 with stackable trophies and this pattern will likely continue in the future. Then again, Flower has three separate trophy lists so I don't know what Sony is thinking. It's just not very consistent. 

I like it better this way, I just don't see the need for there to be multiple trophy lists for what is more or less and identical product. In the cases of say Lego games where the handheld and console versions differ greatly then sure but really otherwise it just seems a bit excessive to me. Sounds weird I know but it just feels neater and more sensible to me.

• Like 1

So..why exactly does stacking trophies even matter? I never understood the point.  I mean, sure, it makes for easy trophies, but people that see your profile obviously know what you're doing.  In my opinion, it's actually worse than better.  It means you want an easy boost for no work.

This seems like a specific case for just Fez. I know Hotline Miami is coming to the PS4 with stackable trophies and this pattern will likely continue in the future. Then again, Flower has three separate trophy lists so I don't know what Sony is thinking. It's just not very consistent. 

The reason there's multiple trophy lists for those, is likely because all three versions came out at separate times. It's probably harder to stack them when the separate versions are created at different points in time. Which is likely why FEZ is the first game to be stacked across all three. It was released on all three platforms at once, so they were able to program it to read all systems.

I don't think this is the 1st game to do that. Maybe between all three platforms, but definitely not the 1st to have non-stackable trophies.

Exactly. First between all three platforms.

I really like that and think that that's how should be done all trophies. Of course when game coming out not on all platforms than it's obvious that's it stupid to do same trophies (I mean some ports to PS4 for example like Stealth Inc., but when the game coming out on all platforms in one time like Fez than it's the best way to organize trophies.

Stackable trophies of one game on different platforms isn't so bad. But when same game have many different trophy packs on ONE platform (like Contrast), this is the most retarded thing.

By the way FEZ - 70th trophy pack for PS4 (with all stackables trophies etc.)!!!

Edited by Just_Amaz1ng

Doesn't matter to me as, despite this game looking somewhat interesting - I will not be purchasing it, as I do not wish to support Phil Fish in any way, shape or form.

Hopefully he will keep his promise to stay out of the industry, but I doubt he will be able to avoid coming crawling back, once his particular brand of teenage-emo-bullshit is no longer getting any press coverage.

Isn't there a candy called »Fez« with the exact same logo? *searches up* Oh wait, that's »Pez« but I can see how I confused the logo xD

Anyway, that's really nice that it's all one list. I can feel completionistic about stackables (as I can feel so with series)... and that can put me off of buying games (e.g. if there's a PS4 list and/or Vita list and I don't have PS4 and/or Vita), and it's just offputtingly messier in general if you're trying to complete all the lists of a series and you see an untidy mess like the Assassin's Creed games trophy lists.

Edited by Shadowrider50

The reason there's multiple trophy lists for those, is likely because all three versions came out at separate times. It's probably harder to stack them when the separate versions are created at different points in time. Which is likely why FEZ is the first game to be stacked across all three. It was released on all three platforms at once, so they were able to program it to read all systems.

Isn't the OP claiming Fez has non-stackable trophies, as in three separate trophy lists for each platform? Stackable would imply there's only one list, but I think you've got it right and I had it arse about face.

It's a bit ambiguous so I'm not entirely clear on his intended meaning, but from the impression I get after looking into it a bit more, there's one combined trophy list for all three platforms, facilitated by cross-save. In that case, it does differ from games like fl0w, Flower and Sound Shapes, which all have separate trophy lists.

I'd personally prefer it the other way around and have 3 x the trophies for the same dough.

Edited by ant1th3s1s