Update 6.9 - 3 New Trophies

The-Captain-388

Lots of updates on this patch, between campaign tasks and kingdom challenges. 3 new trophies and others updated with different requirements due to the changes

https://gemsofwar.com/6-9-update-trials-of-the-conqueror/

New Trophies:

• The Midas Touch: Complete all milestones in a Gold Campaign Task 
  • Trials & Tribulations: Complete 5 Epic Trials 
  • Loot & Boot: Destroy 20 Booty Gems 
    • Booty Gems will become available in a future Campaign that begins towards the end of 6.9 

Updated Trophies:

This update replaced some trophies tied to  Challenges or Rerolling Campaign Tasks:

• Challenger: Complete your First Trial Battle 
    • Previously – Complete your First Challenge Battle
  • Champion: Complete 2 Trial Battles in a Single Kingdom 
    • Previously – Complete 5 Challenge Battles in a Single Kingdom
  • It’s A Long Way To The Top:Complete a Tier V Trial in any Kingdom 
    • Previously – Complete Challenge Tier V in any Kingdom
  • Bronzed and Beautiful: Complete a Bronze Task in any Campaign 
    • Previously – They See Me Re-Rollin’: Reroll a Campaign Task
Edited by The-Captain-388
  • Like 3

The new update keeps giving me a server error and I can't even play the game anymore as I'm just in a loop of doing the first battle for "Save the Fox" and then get error and have to restart game. 
Is this happening for anyone else?

3 minutes ago, GumiDeLaGumi said:

That gets us to 120 trophies. Only 8 left until we reach the limit of the PS4 list 1f604.png I wonder if they'll continue with a second list or leave it at that.

I really hope they do not add a second list lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GumiDeLaGumi said:

That gets us to 120 trophies. Only 8 left until we reach the limit of the PS4 list 1f604.png I wonder if they'll continue with a second list or leave it at that.

This has been something on my mind for a very very long time. 

3 hours ago, distressedjazz said:

The new update keeps giving me a server error and I can't even play the game anymore as I'm just in a loop of doing the first battle for "Save the Fox" and then get error and have to restart game. 
Is this happening for anyone else?

I really hope they do not add a second list lol

Second list would be hell. Just don't load up the game ever again.

Looks like the 100% is always short lived on this one...

At least we didn't got a second Geoff or Hoard Mimic trophy, but instead 3 easy trophies related to the new content/changes..

Goeff made me kind of give up until @TurtlePM convinced me that it was realistic to go for 100%, then Hoard Mimic came, and it took me over an year to be lucky to get it (got it quite recently), so, another of those would be extremely annoying..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Looks like the 100% is always short lived on this one...

At least we didn't got a second Geoff or Hoard Mimic trophy, but instead 3 easy trophies related to the new content/changes..

Goeff made me kind of give up until @TurtlePM convinced me that it was realistic to go for 100%, then Hoard Mimic came, and it took me over an year to be lucky to get it (got it quite recently), so, another of those would be extremely annoying..

Shit bro, here we go again ?

Yeah, latest trophies have been easier to do, not much grind or RNG involved (except Hoard Mimic). Though grinding for Mimic was a good way to collect medals for troops in the meantime. I didn't have that chance back then :(

4 hours ago, breakXedge said:

I've been playing for an hou now and these trials are hard, at least for a low level player like me (almos lvl600). I'm struggling with tier X on Vulpacea, that's the one that has epic trials but I don't think I'll be able to complete them.

I'm level 1083 and I'm struggling big time with the first epic trial myself. I don't see myself being able to do these for a while because you pretty much need all the chosen troops to be max level/traited + have a shit tonne of stats bonuses to stand a chance

43 minutes ago, distressedjazz said:

I'm level 1083 and I'm struggling big time with the first epic trial myself. I don't see myself being able to do these for a while because you pretty much need all the chosen troops to be max level/traited + have a shit tonne of stats bonuses to stand a chance

Does everyone has the same Team? I have Todd Greenwood and two Wargare troops. It sometimes fails the loop and enemies crush me but I'm close to beat the first epic trial.

7 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Does everyone has the same Team? I have Todd Greenwood and two Wargare troops. It sometimes fails the loop and enemies crush me but I'm close to beat the first epic trial.

I'm pretty sure the teams are predetermined so everyone has the same team yeah 

2 hours ago, distressedjazz said:

oh BTW, I've beated the first 3 Epic Trials. It involves a bit of luck but this is my method. At the beggining try to match as many lycantrophy gems as you can and praise the rng god to transform 2-3 of the enemies. If you can do it, it's almost a win scenario. Sometimes it can be tricky and it may took a few tries, as I'm dead from a single blow if the enemy matches skulls.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chilary said:

I'm kinda lost with new changes. Where do you have the epic trials? Are you able to do them if you had the kingdom challenges completed already?

Kingdom Challenges had been replaced by Trials. Each kingdom has 10 trials to complete and the kingdom of the weekly event has 5 Epic Trials (this week is Vulpacea).

You have all the info here: https://gemsofwar.com/6-9-update-trials-of-the-conqueror/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Oh boy, 1 million gems to buy more mascots? hahahaha

Hy4WwFt.png

Yes, I saw this too and it has to be an error. I tweeted them about it but not holding my breath either.

5 hours ago, distressedjazz said:

Be sure Todd is upgraded to Mythic and I upgraded elite levels too. It’s basically RNG, nonstop Todd spam and prioritize the bottom enemy first, then the 2nd enemy, since those are the two that can kill you quick. Good luck my friend.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Be sure Todd is upgraded to Mythic and I upgraded elite levels too. It’s basically RNG, nonstop Todd spam and prioritize the bottom enemy first, then the 2nd enemy, since those are the two that can kill you quick. Good luck my friend.

The stat difference from elite status isn't meaningful; the stat difference from an extra level or two is similarly unimportant.  Certainly not as compared to all the stat boosts you should have from everywhere else.

This was like fighting "pure faction" delves in the days before the Deep Delve update that introduced potions outside of Faction Assault events.  It takes an understanding of your team, careful board management, and more than a little luck.  And this was even worse for a F2P guy like me because people who haven't spent real money on that kingdom pass have yet to obtain Vulpphire Hunter.  So we were stuck with an untraited version of him and therefore couldn't stick him in front to tank with massive skull damage reduction, that being one way to try and mitigate the massive stat disadvantage.

And yet this one is probably one of the easiest Epic Trials because you can at least loop Todd Greenwood on the other team.  I haven't tried any of the others and I might not do any of them at all, but listening to the rest of my guild in our PSN chat and reading some commentary over at the official forums, many of the others are a complete nightmare to attempt.

14 hours ago, breakXedge said:

oh BTW, I've beated the first 3 Epic Trials. It involves a bit of luck but this is my method. At the beggining try to match as many lycantrophy gems as you can and praise the rng god to transform 2-3 of the enemies. If you can do it, it's almost a win scenario. Sometimes it can be tricky and it may took a few tries, as I'm dead from a single blow if the enemy matches skulls.

This is very useful, I'm still getting my shit kicked in because of the stat disadvantage but the lycanthropy is allowing me to brute force by getting lucky xD I'm up to the fifth epic trial now, trying to get done because I think this is going to be the easiest the epic trials will be thanks to lycanthropy and a looping troop

2 hours ago, distressedjazz said:

This is very useful, I'm still getting my shit kicked in because of the stat disadvantage but the lycanthropy is allowing me to brute force by getting lucky xD I'm up to the fifth epic trial now, trying to get done because I think this is going to be the easiest the epic trials will be thanks to lycanthropy and a looping troop

Yep, same here, just got the trophy. Switched troops to have the last one on top as a sacrificial lamb just in case and played with lycantrophy gems. Eventually got a good rng with 3 enemies turned and could beat them easily.

Yeah, I think this week is "pretty easy" considering how hard could be other realms...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, acasser said:

The stat difference from elite status isn't meaningful; the stat difference from an extra level or two is similarly unimportant.  Certainly not as compared to all the stat boosts you should have from everywhere else.

This was like fighting "pure faction" delves in the days before the Deep Delve update that introduced potions outside of Faction Assault events.  It takes an understanding of your team, careful board management, and more than a little luck.  And this was even worse for a F2P guy like me because people who haven't spent real money on that kingdom pass have yet to obtain Vulpphire Hunter.  So we were stuck with an untraited version of him and therefore couldn't stick him in front to tank with massive skull damage reduction, that being one way to try and mitigate the massive stat disadvantage.

And yet this one is probably one of the easiest Epic Trials because you can at least loop Todd Greenwood on the other team.  I haven't tried any of the others and I might not do any of them at all, but listening to the rest of my guild in our PSN chat and reading some commentary over at the official forums, many of the others are a complete nightmare to attempt.

Yes, but when you’re sitting on 100+ medals, still always min/max is the way to go. And I would agree, everyone should be going for this ASAP because most all other kingdoms will be much, much more difficult.

• Like 1