Thoughts on trophy list?

SMDoS2

Seems pretty simple from what I remember on my Switch playthrough last year... The only thing of note is the like 3 or so playthroughs of the "Finale" you'll seemingly have to do (though probably all doable in a single run with Saves at specific points or whatever)

No idea what the OP is taking about with a "Solo Run" but if they're referring to the "Beat Dominion of Hate without all available allies" Trophy that's not all that hard, the whole Finale is just running around as the Middle Ages guy and recruiting all the previous Protagonist from the other 8 or so stories... So just pick the best ones that exist/you've trained up (pretty sure the Party maxes out at 4 anyway, as in playable on the field at once) and just b-line it to the Boss and kick his ass ?

• Like 1

Basically looks like do everything and see every ending and play all the mini-games. "An Incomplete Destiny" is just getting the normal ending, if you don't recruit all the party members in the final chapter you can't get the true ending (which just adds like an extra scene iirc.) So it'll probably be most efficient to just recruit a full party (4 people including who you start with) and go beat the final boss and then just reload a save before the end and go do everything else.

The "trials" and specific boss trophies are all endgame things, basically to get everyone's ultimate weapon and the best armor in the game. It's still a SNES RPG at the end of the day so 100% completion is only around 30 hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Seems pretty simple from what I remember on my Switch playthrough last year... The only thing of note is the like 3 or so playthroughs of the "Finale" you'll seemingly have to do (though probably all doable in a single run with Saves at specific points or whatever)

No idea what the OP is taking about with a "Solo Run" but if they're referring to the "Beat Dominion of Hate without all available allies" Trophy that's not all that hard, the whole Finale is just running around as the Middle Ages guy and recruiting all the previous Protagonist from the other 8 or so stories... So just pick the best ones that exist/you've trained up (pretty sure the Party maxes out at 4 anyway, as in playable on the field at once) and just b-line it to the Boss and kick his ass 1f605.png

So you could save, get the normal ending, then reload and get everyone to get the real ending. Sounds simple enough.

21 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

So you could save, get the normal ending, then reload and get everyone to get the real ending. Sounds simple enough.

Yes, exactly that... I actually stopped playing during the Middle Ages section (you do all the characters from the start, then you unlock Middle Ages then the Finale which is The Dominion Of Hate) and I never went back... I just got side tracked I guess ?‍♂️ ?

But yeah, the only ones I was worried about (and still a little bit cause I haven't played the part yet) is the Silver Boss Trophys near the top of the list, basically there's 5 Optional Bosses during that section (also the part where you do all the Trials for everyone's ultimate Weapons) to gain the ultimate Gear/Armour and they seem to be pretty ruthless, but that final section of the game is basically a traditional JRPG and apparently the longest segment of the game (all understandable lol) so doing some grinding to get your characters levels up and knowing who would work best for those fights and bringing them should make short work of that ?

This guide/walkthrough has been around since I played it on Switch last year at Launch, highly recommend it (and whoever puts the Trophy Guide together should definitely link it) https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/13052-live-a-live-walkthrough-guide

• Like 1

As someone that played the original 10 years ago and did the 100% on Switch...It's extremely easy, takes around 20-25h, 30 if you want to leisure around.

Heck it's so easy I'm planning on playing it once again on PS4 and PS5 and platting both versions, it's one of my favorite games ever made so I don't mind it.

• Like 2

No trophies for most of the earlier chapter hidden superbosses is a relief - that Prehistory mammoth and big fish in Edo Japan were rough to beat on my Switch run and I wasn't sure I'd wanna do them again. This is a very simple and achievable list, looking forward to playing through this again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is anything missable?

No, as you can replay all chapters.

Maybe the trophies for ending the game with/without all partymembers. 

But i guess if you save before you recruit the last member, finish the game and relaod and do it again with all members, you should be good.

Edited by Viking_God_Thor

On 26/04/2023 at 0:13 PM, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

No idea what the OP is taking about with a "Solo Run" but if they're referring to the "Beat Dominion of Hate without all available allies" Trophy that's not all that hard, the whole Finale is just running around as the Middle Ages guy and recruiting all the previous Protagonist from the other 8 or so stories... So just pick the best ones that exist/you've trained up (pretty sure the Party maxes out at 4 anyway, as in playable on the field at once) and just b-line it to the Boss and kick his ass 1f605.png

OH, like, I thought "An Incomplete Destiny" was supposed to be "recruit none of the allies". I was already planning on going on a Pogo run with the Cola Bottle.

My next doubt is if "Not Your Average Ronin" you -must- talk to *spoiler* on the dungeon or you can wait to meet him near the roof. If it's the latter well it's a easy. Already did 100% on switch, can't wait to do the same on ps4.