Platinum Unobtainable At Launch

On 27/04/2023 at 5:15 PM, Spraragen88 said:
  • Glitched trophies: 4 
  • trophy Splurgle is unobtainable for everyone because of a Priorite Shard not spawning in Rambler’s Reach Outpost on Koboh. Thus trophy The Jedi Survivor is also unobtainable.
  • trophy Perk of the Job is glitchy for some but fine for others. It’s best to manually back up your save and check your Perk Slot count before collecting every upgrade to make sure it has registered.
  • trophy They’re Probably Fine is also a little buggy and you may need to try more than once.

I'm assuming the fixes for these trophies wont require another full/partial playthrough? At first glance it seems like all of these trophies are broken, but only one of them seems completely unobtainable. One is partially broken and the other just needs a few tries to get it to work. Or am I completely misunderstanding?

• trophy Splurgle seems like something that can just patch in and you just need to go collect it in a current save file for the trophy to pop.
  • trophy Perk of the Job works for some people but not others - should be fine if people keep on top of it with a potential back up save (not sure how easy that could be patched in as a fix for a current save file)
  • trophy They’re Probably Fine Not really broken, but might take a few tries to register - Is there even any point in putting this in there? If it works, but you just need to give it a couple of attempts?

1 hour ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

I'm assuming the fixes for these trophies wont require another full/partial playthrough? At first glance it seems like all of these trophies are broken, but only one of them seems completely unobtainable. One is partially broken and the other just needs a few tries to get it to work. Or am I completely misunderstanding?

• trophy Splurgle seems like something that can just patch in and you just need to go collect it in a current save file for the trophy to pop.
  • trophy Perk of the Job works for some people but not others - should be fine if people keep on top of it with a potential back up save (not sure how easy that could be patched in as a fix for a current save file)
  • trophy They’re Probably Fine Not really broken, but might take a few tries to register - Is there even any point in putting this in there? If it works, but you just need to give it a couple of attempts?

I just got the Perk trophy thankfully. Had to upload my save to the cloud, turn off auto sync and then start a New Game (not NG+) and run through about 6-8 hours to get all the Perks. They all registered this time. The only one which is so far glitched for everyone is Splurgle.

They're Probably Fine will unlock for everyone, it's just weird. Mine popped for me when I rested at a Meditation Point about 15 minutes after I got off a Nekko so I threw it in the guide as being a bit iffy.

@kebabzPS Just to double check, are you on 99/100 too and missing the same one as me in the stable?

So what exactly is going on with the "Perk of the Job" trophy?  What do I need to be on the lookout for?

I'm still very early in the game, so I've only acquired a couple perks. I have not yet acquired an extra perk slot. When I get to the point of obtaining my first additional perk slot, is that the point where I need to double-check that the game actually grants it to me?

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

I just got the Perk trophy thankfully. Had to upload my save to the cloud, turn off auto sync and then start a New Game (not NG+) and run through about 6-8 hours to get all the Perks. They all registered this time. The only one which is so far glitched for everyone is Splurgle.

They're Probably Fine will unlock for everyone, it's just weird. Mine popped for me when I rested at a Meditation Point about 15 minutes after I got off a Nekko so I threw it in the guide as being a bit iffy.

@kebabzPS Just to double check, are you on 99/100 too and missing the same one as me in the stable?

I'm still missing about 10 but the one in the stable also isn't spawning for me 

22 minutes ago, TheNanoBiologist said:

So Splurgle isn't bugged. I was able to get the one in the barn's stall today. You need to store the right Nekko from Bygone Settlement in that stall, rest, then come back to the stall to find a pile of poop. 

I just saw you had the platinum so it's nice that you came and said how you did it. I'll tag @Darth_Krid so he can know.

24 minutes ago, TheNanoBiologist said:

So Splurgle isn't bugged. I was able to get the one in the barn's stall today. You need to store the right Nekko from Bygone Settlement in that stall, rest, then come back to the stall to find a pile of poop. 

I thought might have been something like that, I tried a few different coloured ones but nothing happened so assumed I was just reaching. Glad to see it’s not glitched 

Edited by HarryNinetyFour

1 hour ago, TheNanoBiologist said:

Wow, nice! Grats on the platinum! (world first?) And thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, TheNanoBiologist said:

Thanks for finding this! Bloody stupid how 99 of them you just pick up and then they make one really obscure ? but glad it’s not bugged, will grab it shortly. 

I did try stabling Nekkos to see if they dug it up but no luck, guess I tried all the wrong ones ?

Edited by Darth_Krid

5 hours ago, TheNanoBiologist said:

Is there a specific Nekko in Bygone Settlement that you need to get? Tried it and didn't get anything...

31 minutes ago, ZombieSlayaMr said:

Is there a specific Nekko in Bygone Settlement that you need to get? Tried it and didn't get anything...

Yeah, I also had no luck and I tried a few. I wonder what the trick is. This collectible is literally and figuratively a piece of crap. 

Just got it, thank you @TheNanoBiologist!

Must admit that's one of the dumbest swerves I've seen for a while. The only Shard you have to do anything other than pick it up for (bar the Holotactics prize one) and there's no indication why that particular Nekko is special. With the icon being in the stable I actually did put 10 or more Nekkos in there at different times to see if it would dig it up or something like a pig with truffles and no luck. Why after 10 of them would I keep going when there's about a hundred in the game? Ridiculous.

Sorry for the 'unobtainable' label in the guide, that's on me but three of us searched for it for days with no luck. Even a dev reached out to me for details, he could have pointed me in the right direction if he knew :D

Just now, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yeah, I also had no luck and I tried a few. I wonder what the trick is. This collectible is literally and figuratively a piece of crap. 

It's the purple one. I fast travelled there and dropped down the ledge and was literally just stood there. It's a small area, not sure if it's always in the exact same place but it's quite obviously purple.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Just got it, thank you @TheNanoBiologist!

Must admit that's one of the dumbest swerves I've seen for a while. The only Shard you have to do anything other than pick it up for (bar the Holotactics prize one) and there's no indication why that particular Nekko is special. With the icon being in the stable I actually did put 10 or more Nekkos in there at different times to see if it would dig it up or something like a pig with truffles and no luck. Why after 10 of them would I keep going when there's about a hundred in the game? Ridiculous.

Sorry for the 'unobtainable' label in the guide, that's on me but three of us searched for it for days with no luck. Even a dev reached out to me for details, he could have pointed me in the right direction if he knew :D

It's the purple one. I fast travelled there and dropped down the ledge and was literally just stood there. It's a small area, not sure if it's always in the exact same place but it's quite obviously purple.

Hm I put the purple one with the reddish "saddle" in the stall (the one with the blue towel draped over the side) and went to rest at the meditation point and came back and there was still nothing. I hope it isn't random...

I am just going to go to bed and hope there are more clear answers in the morning. 

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

33 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Just chiming in, doesn't have to be the purple one. It worked for me using a red one with a blue chest.

I tried a bunch of fancy ones because I couldn't find a purple one. There was a red one with a blue chest just in the fenced yard outside the stables. Stabled that one then came back and it had poop I could force lift for a priorite.

• Like 1