Is this a good title?

M4T7Y5899

So I was looking through the PS Store and saw this game for £5. Read some positive reviews on metacritic about the game and heard good things too. Can anybody tell me if this game is good or not, and if it's worth the money. Surely you can't go wrong at that price!

Edited by M4T7Y5899
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep totally worth it. I was like UMPIck and I only played ten minutes then went onto play Fez. After finishing that game, I returned to Steamworld Dig and was impressed. It's very fun, and you get a lot of playtime. You'll probably get most of your time in the first playthrough, to get familiar, then you'll want to play it again for that speedrun trophy (and even the 4 stars trophy) And that's where it gets challenging. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What a fantastic game, it's in PS Plus right now, so you can grab it for nothing but even for £5 it's worth every penny. Great gameplay that sucks you in almost straight away, pleasant graphics and at least 6-7 hours of playing. It took me 10h 40min to complete it, but I dug out every single mineral there was and had lots of fun with it. Highly recommended. ;)

• 1 month later...

"SteamWorld Dig"...it rolls off the tounge decent enough (lol). In all seriousness, yes I thought it was pretty good. I played Minecraft, Terraria, and it back to back and it was nice to see the similarities and differences in real time.

I don't know if you've ever played Terraria, but if you have, SteamWorld Dig is like a condenced version of that except with a linear storyline and objectives to fulfill.

Edited by merciful84

• 8 years later...

Amazing game, would highly recommend to anybody, especially if you’ve had fun with mining games like Minecraft, Deep Rock Galactic, Terraria etc. The only downside is the lack of a platinum trophy but at least it’s got a few URs to make up for that and it’s very short.

SteamWorld Dig 2 is even better though, it improves upon the foundations of the first game in every conceivable way and moves towards a full metroidvania style game with lots of diverse areas, more interesting powers and abilities etc. I played SWD2 a few years ago and still think of it immediately whenever people ask for metroidvania/platformer recommendations.