Who is your Favorite Character in Gaming History so far?

DarknessKey92

I'm sure everyone of us has a Favorite character we have come to love/like by now, as we play many titles we've experienced throughout our gaming life. 

So yeah, just post the character who is your current most favorite. If it's too hard to pick your number 1, Then pick five you feel equally over; because I know we all struggle to decide this on a count that we all hold many equally Favorites tied for number 1.

Also Give a description of why you like him/them, or their background. If you want, you can even post a picture of this/these characters(optional); so the rest of us can better understand why you like them or at least have a better grasp of who they are.

It doesn't have to be a PlayStation character, you can even say a character/s from: Xbox One, Nintendo, Xbox 360, Sega Dreamcast, any console dating back to the Atari; as long as it's a character from a game. You can even re-post again later, because I know that over time our Selection of Favorites can always change as you meet more characters in time.

I honestly can't pick a number one, but will give 5 of a few that i really equally like right now.

f4my2s.jpg

Plutia -  Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

As i played the game I got attached @ how silly she acted during dialogue, and liked how she would impress me @ times with the things she did and said(Iris Heart moments). All i can say is she's just a lovable character.

2vw90mq.jpg2i1dr9g.jpg

Gabriel Belmont - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Series

I've played a few Castlevania games over my years like : Castlevania Nintendo 64(and Legacy of Darkness{Loved this fucken game}), Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness, Portrait of Ruin, The Dracula X Chronicles(Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night), Order of Ecclesia, Judgment.

The reason I typed all the Castlevania games I've played is to clear up the air that I'm not a new Castlevania fan(nor a original fan, who was there from the beginning). Some people will assume that i'm picking "Gabriel" as a Fav because they think and are probably saying "you must be a new fan to the Castlevania series so it's obvious you'd pick him". But i'm not, And I know that there are some old fans who actually bash the "Lords of shadow Series" a lot with a hateful passion. I picked him because he's a character who is not only the protagonist & Antagonist in the Series, but has a captivating story to him. Also you have 3 games that are focused on still including the same key characters, thus helping build an attachment to him. I really got to like Gabriel throughout the story and was honestly saddened to see what he had become, but also amazed @ how it tied to build the series.

i1z5oo.jpg

Shadow The Hedgehog - Sonic Adventure 2 

Shadow has been a character that has become a favorite over the years, because when we first saw him he seamed like a believable rival to sonic. So I liked him for his similarities to sonic, but with a serious tone to himself. Also had a captivating story that @ times mind fucked fans trying to really pick at his background & past.

s15d8p.jpg

Zero - Megaman X5 & X Series 

Zero is a character that i have enjoyed playing as in the past, X5 was one of my favorite PS1 games of all time, since it had a cool and fast paced run.

Zero has been a cool and nostalgic character to many, and has become a fan favorite over the years. So I think many can agree that as I watched his fight with X along with his inner Fight against his original programed purpose in life of becoming the ultimate enemy by the final wish of Dr.wily. Instead choose to become a Legendary savior along with X against the Mavericks. This really made me admire him.

fvbgbt.jpg15wifma.jpg

Ezio Auditore da Firenze - Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations.

Ezio has been a lovable character by the AC community, not just because he had 3 games, but because throughout the game you watch this guy live his life in detail. From the time of his birth, to his quest for family vengeance, to him understanding principles, to the women he sleeps with or many girlfriends he tends to attract. You even see him mature throughout his life and see how he feels about the decisions he makes. Ultimately to watching his final days in Embers @ age 65. He has become a characters that has simply attached his life experience to our hearts. I think many found him as a relatable person. I just really grew to liked him, as I watched him live his life.

NOTE: There are a few things i have to say now before you make your post.

1. Respect other people's Selections, remember those are their selections for a reason, and we are not all obligated to have the same list; so don't try to bash other's choices. 

2. If you are one of those people who are on a flaging spree, please note that you can only flag topics that are "Exactly" the same. No i don't mean in wording, i mean in what is being represented or Intended. I know there is a Blazblue thread saying who is your favorite character to use, and a topic for which character you would want to see in a film, while saying "your favorite" in the OP, and a Topic for favorite game. And even a favorite 5 characters and 5 monsters topic.

But the difference between this one and all those is.

This is not a top 10 or 5 Thread. I am asking which is your current #1/most favorite character from every existing game out there, not just one game series. Expanding the choice to a selection of current or previous system's titles. With a Description as to why you like them(not just post their names). Or at least post a picture to help us better understand who this person/character is. Also just because i said "add 5 characters if you have no number 1" doesn't mean those five are a top five list, otherwise why would i need you to do that in the first place; when you would already have a number 1.

The "5 names" option is for those who can't decide, and are categorized as a equal number 1. Plus I'm not asking you to give me a top 5 villains list either. If someone's favorite character is a villain that's fine. So before you decide to flag this Topic, I want to see an "EXACT" Topic as this one explaining everything I have mentioned with an older Date on it. Because this topic is different then those other ones. Repetitive Topics would be copies of the exact same thing, and even if they are worded differently can still hold the same meaning. But just because some things are similarly worded, doesn't technically make them Exactly the same at times.

I'm not typing this because my other Topics were flagged, I'm typing this because they were wrongly flagged without me even having the chance to explain, because once flagged & Locked you can't post. But instead choose to flag/report Under Technically Similar wordings(that once you compare the 2 Topics) aren't the same.

Perhaps they didn't understand the meaning of the intended Topic's purpose, so do make sure to understand this one's purpose first before flagging this time, or trying to say "it already exists".

I have no problem getting topics flagged, but like i said when you wrongly flag them; then that's what makes me have to make this kind of statement. Because whenever I decide to make a Topic, I make sure that there isn't another one out there already by adding key words from my Topic on the site's search bar. Then do the same with google, while adding the search term "PSNProfiles". So just like i go through these extra precautions to assure there aren't Topics already in existence before I make one, please do go through the trouble of comparing & understanding the intended differences between the topics you plan to use as references, and the ones I/others Publish on this site.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 2

Well my mind is currently in a Civil War between which of the two is my number one favorite Video Game Character but i am going to mention both:

Sceptile_zpsee8ab4a8.png

Sceptile from Pokemon
The Reason why is because he was my very First Pokemon (I played Pokemon Blue first but it wouldn't save so i consider Pokemon Ruby as my first). Also in my opinion he is one of the most bad ass pokemon out there, he uses his leaves on his wrist like blades and also I love that he is extremely fast, if Sceptile existed in the Real World it would be scary if you were fighting against it but if Sceptile was on your side, he will lead you into Victory with his Leaf Blades on his wrist and combined with his speed he could take out an entire army in a flash. Also I love the move set I gave him: Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Mud-Slap and X-Scissor. He is the only Pokemon that I will forever love and wished to have in the real world (so very fucking badly), I would not trade him for the most powerful shiny pokemon in the world. He will be with me in every pokemon team in every pokemon game that I own.

NeptunePurpleHeart_zpsbda0fa2b.jpg

Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia
The Reason why is because I love her Chraracter so very much. I love that she has a childish personality which makes the conversations in the game so Hilarious and she breaks the 4th wall so many times that Deadpool would be impressed and also she absolutely doesn't give a flying fuck about any kind of bad situation she is in, but when she transform into her Goddess form she has a mature personality and is capable of destroys her enemies with her Ultimate attack: Neptune Break. If she existed in the Real World she would be an awesome person to hang out with, she would make every moment feel fun and memorable (even if the situation is terrible), and in her Goddess form she would destroy an Army with the power of a Nuclear Bomb. Also if she existed I would probably try hitting on her (and get rejected in funny ways) but I would be just as happy if she became friend, she would be an awesome friend to have.

• Like 1

150px-MGS1_Solid_Snake.jpg 180px-SolidSnake.png  %E7%BD%91%E7%BB%9C%E6%B8%B8%E6%88%8F%E5%

I first fell in love with the Series/Franchise dating back in 1998 - PSX - Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action

The very first game that opened my mind to the ART OF GAMING, that a perfect complex story can be brought to life not just in the movies but to games as well.

That, not every game has to be a hack and slash, gun blazing approach, that its OKAY to die over and over again until you have

perfected the art of sneaking.

That, you can fell in love with co-star in the game, that your heart just stop when MERYL died in your arms.

That you are more than willing to replay the torture scene and master the button mashing of "O" just to make sure that Meryl will be alive on the latter.

Though I have not played the previous MGS prior to MGS1 in the PSX - The overall experience was more than enough to get me hooked to it and become the biggest fan!

...Thank you, Hideo Kojima for Metal Gear!

Cheers!

-Razgriz

Edited by xf22Razgriz
  • Like 4

Haseo from .hack.

It's hard to explain exactly why I like him so much, and there are some reasons I'd rather not share here, but put simply you could say that I always thought he was an interesting character and I love how much he develops from Part 1 to Part 3.

• Like 2

Whilst I'll probably never play a game with him in it again (Nintendo just not being able to get their act together) my favourite has to be Link from the Legend of Zelda games.

Some of my favourite childhood memories involve him and his adventures in Hyrule and beyond.  He may be a silent protagonist (apart from the grunting/screaming), but his silent courage always felt to me like a quiet acceptance that he would do the right thing, no matter the personal cost/risk.

Young_Link_Artwork_1_%28Ocarina_of_Time%

I was so sad when I first saw the Wii and knew that the direction Nintendo wanted to go in wasn't where I would follow, and I realised that I'd probably never play with those characters again.  Nintendo, if you're listening, I would probably buy every Metroid, Zelda and Mario game you'd ever care to release on other consoles... Hey, a man can dream right?

• Like 4

Tough question, but from the top of my mind:

1-Link

2-Mario

3-Cecil and Kain (FF IV)

4-Sabin and Kefka(FF VI)

5-Squall and Seifer (FF VIII)

6-Solid Snake

7-CMD. Shepard (Mass Effect)

8-PvT. Soap McTavish (CoD 4)

9-Ezio Auditore ( AC 2)

10-Nathan Drake (Uncharted)