Who is your Favorite Character in Gaming History so far?

DarknessKey92

I don't know who would be my number one favorite character. Could be Ellie from 'The Last of Us', but I'm still not sure. So I'll just mention five favorite video-game characters of mine, in no specific order:
1. Ellie from 'The Last of Us'
2. Solid Snake from the first Metal Gear Solid
3. Big Boss from 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'
4. James Sutherland from 'Silent Hill 2'
5. Jodie Holmes from 'Beyond: Two Souls'

• Like 1

For me it's a tie between Ellie from TLoU and Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite. If the games they're from have really succeeded at what they set out to accomplish, you'll grow to care for those two deeply; like how Joel and Booker did.

Edited by DILLAsirens

GLaDOS (Portal 1 & 2)

Favorite aspect: She's Insane 

Least Favorite aspect: That cake was a lie

She is by far my favorite villain of all time (Not just when it comes to video games), but for the majority of the two games, shes the only company you have. As much as I hated her for insults, attempts to kill Chell, and taunting me when trying to solve the puzzles, I missed her voice when I was alone in the empty ruins of aperture, I loved her humor and most of all how Valve created a  a complex, insane villain, when most of the time your just listening to her voice!

Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 1,2 & 3)

Favorite aspect: Always had your back

Least Favorite aspect: I can't think of one

Garrus is my favorite character from the Mass Effect trilogy (Although Mordin is a close second) This Tuarin follows Shepard from the very beginning, he's your bro, (The shooting cans scene in Mass Effect 3 was so amazing >.<) He doesn't try to show off like the some characters, he isn't a one man killing machine, nor is he trying to gain anything from helping Shepard. He's just a soldier doing his job helping to save the Galaxy, when he's not busy doing calibrations of course.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood & Revelations)

Favorite aspect: You pretty much explore his entire life

Least favorite aspect: He is a merciless murdering psychopath

Of all the murdering psychopaths (I'm looking at your Drake) Ezio is the one I enjoyed the most, because you see him land in so much shit across Italy, fight the pope, talk to members of a long dead advanced civilization, fly in Da Vinic's contraptions, fight the evilest of templars, stumble across Constantinople and punch Duccio. I love Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and while Edward was an amazing character, Ezio's life was just too insane to compare.

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII)

Favorite aspect: He's humor

Least Favorite aspect: He was a bit of a stereotype

While Lighting, being the badass she is,is definitely one of my favorite characters from the game. I just love Sazh's character, he acted as the comic relief of the game but more importantly, he was a caring father who risked everything to save his son, he was completely selfless, always trying to help the others. I honestly don't think I would have enjoyed the story as much without him. His spirit, loyalty and humor is why he's on of my favorites!

Ellie (The Last of Us)

Favorite aspect: FUCKING BRICK MASTER!!!

Least Favorite aspect: None

I never cared so much for a character as I have for Ellie, She is a survivor but at the same time she is still just a child, The father daughter like relationship she has with Joel is just so deep. One scene in particular, the one in the ranch is just so emotional, I honestly can't put how much of an amazing character she is into words. You just have to trust me, especially after playing Left Behind, Naughty Dog can take a bow for creating on of the most human like characters ever.

• Like 3

Lee-everett.png

NikoBellic-GTAIV.jpg

ellieandjoel_2568577b.jpg

Martin_Walker1.png

Price_MW3_model.png

Nathan_Drake_render.jpg

Sackboy2.png

Reznov_defector_-_edit.png

Rdr_john_marston.jpg

262896-crashband0506.jpg

-Lee Everett (The Walking Dead)

-Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto IV)

-Joel and Ellie (The Last of Us)

-Captain Martin Walker (Spec Ops: The Line)

-Captain John Price (Modern Warfare Series)

-Nathan Drake (Uncharted Series)

-Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet Series)

-Viktor Reznov (World at War and Black Ops Series)

-John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

-Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot Series)

• Like 1

Squall Leonhart and Caius Ballad ( Final Fantasy series)

Commander Shepard ( Mass Effect Series)

Dante and Vergil (original DMC)

Solid Snake and Revolver Ocelot ( Metal Gear series)

Albert Wesker and Leon S Kennedy (Resident Evil series)

Jin Kazama (Tekken series)

Oghren (Dragon Age series)

Hard to choose between these, but if I really have choose just one then it's definitely Squall Leonhart

This is going to be quite a list so bear with me;

Cloud (FFVII), Crash, Ratchet, Sly, Daxter, Rayman, Alisa/Julia/Yoshimitsu (Tekken franchise), Talim (soul cilbur franchise), Subzero/Mileena (Mortal Kombat), Shepard/Tali'Zorah (Mass effect), Aden/Sonja (Rune factory oceans), War (Darksiders), Ezio (Ac2), Lara (Tomb raider), Akali/cait/Jinx (League of legends), Sigma/Phi (Virtue's last reward), Niore/Neptune (Hyperdimension franchise), Dante (devil may cry), Jade (beyond good and evil), Isaac (the binding of isaac), Claire&snow (FF13), Rise (Persona4), Alice (Alice madness returns), Nova Terra (starcraft), Claptrap (borderlands), Dust (dust an elysian tail), Katherine (Catherine), Doomguy (Doom), Faith (Mirror's edge) Jackie (The Darkness) Rayne (Bloodrayne).

Probably forgetting some but these popped in my mind while typing.

• Like 1

1-Kratos ( God of War ) : The perfect warrior , Symbolism , Brings all the Gods to death , Feeling guilty for not acepting death and becoming the God's slave that made him kill his own family finished his vengeance by killing himself.

2- Sly Cooper : The best thief ; Leads the best crew ; Faking that he lost his memory to marry a cop he fell in love with , Orphan and still loves all his loss like they were never dead.

Jimmy Hopkins ( Canis Canem Edit ) : Ambitious and Rebel kid rejected by his parents that gets himself to be the school king ; A loyal friend ; Bullying Bullies.

4 - Ethan Mars ( Heavy Rain ) : The Dad of the year ; Sacrifices all his life literaly to save his son ( If u played the story in the perfect way ofc)

5- John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) : Kills all his old gang crew for his family ; Sacrificed his life to save his family ; Got avenged by his son and rested in peace.

have too many of them but, i'll name only ten of them.

1- toan / dark cloud 1.

2- kasumi / dead or alive series.

3- spyro the dragon / well.. form spyro series.

4- shorty / Bust-A-Groove 1 and 2.

5- nathan drake / Uncharted series.

6- joel / the last of us.

7- Misuzu / can be found on simple 2000 series games, the cat fight, heart beat boxing, pinkpong.

8- tails / sonic video game series.

9- ling xiaoyu / tekken series.

10- snake / metal gear solid series.

Edited by yellowwindow7

There are quite alot a characters I love and relate to and I can name a few but the one that comes to mind at the moment is the one and only Pink Lady

Poison

street_fighter_x_tekken_poison_gif_by_os

It is quite nice to have a few characters out there that represent one's own community in some way.

• Like 1