Gota's Brief Blogs: My Top Ten PS3 Games. Like, Ever.

Gotakibono

Is this like forever, ever, or could it change ? :P

A few on there I have never tried as I now fear I will be disappointed with all the 'omg you gotta try this game'

Good choice for the top 6-10 in any case !

I'm heading out for a few drinks, so I'll probably write the top five later tonight at some stage. :P

Solid list. Flower really is something special. 

It really is. I felt bad omitting Journey from the list, but Flower really blew me away whenever I first played it; when i got around to Journey I was expecting nothing less than brilliance, but Flower was a real surprise. 

It really is. I felt bad omitting Journey from the list, but Flower really blew me away whenever I first played it; when i got around to Journey I was expecting nothing less than brilliance, but Flower was a real surprise. 

Brilliant list Gota! After reading this, I'm starting to think I should have bought a PS3 :hmm: Anyways great read ^_^

• Like 1

Came back for the top of the list and I must say I have only played RDR  and MGS4 from the top 5 and I'm not sure if the former would have figured that high for me.

Always a good read though ;)

Thanks, and that's fair enough, amigo. I put Red Dead in the top spot based on a multitude of reasons. Namely, the fact that I feel it was overall the best experience on the PS3 when you compare and contrast all the main elements of what makes a game good: game-play, graphics, story, the game's length, controls, memorable moments, characters, etc., Red Dead did everything to such a high standard, plus it kept those standards for a lengthy period of time - the main campaign alone took me over 50 hours to 100%. 

But thanks for reading - appreciate it! :D

Brilliant list Gota! After reading this, I'm starting to think I should have bought a PS3 :hmm: Anyways great read ^_^

Thanks for reading. And yes, the PS3 is home to some stellar games - maybe you'll get to play a few on the PS4 sooner rather than later. 

Good list - im pretty much in agreement with all of it, although I would personally swap Flower for Journey, and MGS4 for Dark Souls 2, but your comments about the games are pretty much bang on :)

It was difficult omitting Journey from the list, but I opted for Flower based on the fact it completely surprised me whenever I played through it first. I wasn't expecting much, but I was completely enthralled at how brilliant and unique Flower was. By the time Journey came along, I was fully expecting a fantastic game from the developers - so Flower won its place on the list based purely on that.  

Both games are absolutely amazing, though. 

Excellent list. I havn't played 3 games on the list but I'm sure I will enjoy these. The innovation and content these games gives are pure quality. Some of which has a particular improvement to the game industry and history.

I for most love sci-fi and is this kind of genres that shows what video games can do what movies can't. It's the thrill like watching a movie and able to control your world with your own choice -- more or less, but technology is there and expending. So you've got to appreciate the developers work and time they take to bring such marvels into a virtual world. These games proves that.

• Like 1

Excellent list. I havn't played 3 games on the list but I'm sure I will enjoy these. The innovation and content these games gives are pure quality. Some of which has a particular improvement to the game industry and history.

I for most love sci-fi and is this kind of genres that shows what video games can do what movies can't. It's the thrill like watching a movie and able to control your world with your own choice -- more or less, but technology is there and expending. So you've got to appreciate the developers work and time they take to bring such marvels into a virtual world. These games proves that.

Completely agree with you.

I agree completely. ;) the diversity in the games you chose is awesome, good list friend. 

Thanks, man. That's one thing I have to say about the PS3: there was a broad range of excellent games across multiple genres. 

I agree with most of these, not so sure i'm on board with flower in the top ten but the rest i'd probably agree with

Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion on this thread; this is my biased list of favourite games, after all. I put Flower on the list because it was a game that just personally affected me - I'm still not able to place the exact reasons why, but it did. I do know this: Flower remains one of the most unique, creative and emotive games that I've ever played, and for that reason alone it made my personal top ten. 

I haven't played more than half of these but for the ones I have played I would say

Agree: Bioshock, Uncharted 2

Disagree : Dead Space, MGS4

On a personal level, I hold Dead Space dear to my heart because it was the first proper "survival horror" game for feckin' years. I adored the tone and atmosphere that was forever present during the game, and its simplicity was actually refreshing: you're a guy on an abandoned ship full of murderous necromorphs - try to survive and kill everything. That's why it's in my top ten, anyway. 

As for MGS4, I'd probably need a glass of whiskey, some cigarettes and then type up an essay in order to fully explain why I love that game so much, 

Ya don't get me wrong I think Dead Space and MGS4 are both great and highly playable games just sayin' they wouldn't make my top 10 list. My top list would probably look pretty absurd to the majority tho since it would feature games like Bionic Commando and Mirror's Edge....

• Like 1

Ya don't get me wrong I think Dead Space and MGS4 are both great and highly playable games just sayin' they wouldn't make my top 10 list. My top list would probably look pretty absurd to the majority tho since it would feature games like Bionic Commando and Mirror's Edge....

I was very close to putting Mirror's Edge in the top 10, actually. :D