Trophy Tips, Can't post any. Is it over?

I was trying to post a tip to a specific trophy, but the site kept sending me to a Trophy Guide Creation...

I Don't want to create a whole guide for a game, just a tip for a specific trophy in a game that I think it might help other people to achieve the same trophy.

Is the "trophy tip writing" feature off?

only premium members can post it?

You can keep both methods of trophy guides and trophy tips at the same page, why not?

Why change and not just Add one feature to another?

The trophy tips sometimes helps me a lot, while a guide would help me better (or not)

But to write down, the tips are easier and faster for people like me who doesn't want to spend a lot of time creating a guide and just want to leave some tips to other people by the experiences that I had playing and achieving that specific trophy.

• Like 1

:(

Agreed, if tips are now gone this is not a good thing, its almost like saying there is only one way to do things. Look at all the trophies that have more than 1 tip, its mainly because that 1 way didn't quite work for everyone. Although the presentation is no where close to what has been achieved on this site, the playstation.org setup is nice because it has the creators tip labeled first and then allows comments at the bottom for those that either did it a different way or  confirmed  if the guide creator's  tip still works after a certain patch. I hope tips return.

• Like 3

Lol - how many times has this been debated so far? Loads of topics already for and against.

From what I can understand, at the moment tips are a clusterfick of good and bad information. There is only 1 person who can administer them because they werent programmed to be so from the start. As antithesis said on another thread, would it be good to have tips back, yes, are guides better if we can only have 1 option? Yes.

I'm sure Sly is taking things onboard, but for the moment tips are just a pain in the jacksy admin wise (before the guides were released, sly had hundreds reported)

Could the guide team help? Maybe, but considering lots of people complain about te time to publish as it is, I'd suggest not atm.

All I have to say is they could always have just made the tips totally player-run. This way, the players who actually play the game can vote whether or not a tip is a good one and whether it works, leaving the admins and everybody else pretty much out of the process. A lot of people who would write very helpful tips won't do anything now that they would need to write an entire guide.

The only thing admins would need to do is look at the ones that are reported, then ban/warn the poster. Sooner or later, the majority of the people who would do that would be gone.

• Like 1

All I have to say is they could always have just made the tips totally player-run. This way, the players who actually play the game can vote whether or not a tip is a good one and whether it works, leaving the admins and everybody else pretty much out of the process. A lot of people who would write very helpful tips won't do anything now that they would need to write an entire guide.

The only thing admins would need to do is look at the ones that are reported, then ban/warn the poster. Sooner or later, the majority of the people who would do that would be gone.

The Mods get too many reports per day since some of the tips are completely unrelated to the game. That's probably why the Tip System was removed. I agree that tips are more straight to the point and it makes it easy for anyone to write one, but guides are more detailed for information. If anyone wants to contribute, they can just leave a comment in a guide I guess :hmm:

The Mods get too many reports per day since some of the tips are completely unrelated to the game. That's probably why the Tip System was removed. I agree that tips are more straight to the point and it makes it easy for anyone to write one, but guides are more detailed for information. If anyone wants to contribute, they can just leave a comment in a guide I guess :hmm:

This just means that they need to make a specific reporting system where the reporter just checks a box that says things like: Incorrect Information, Bad Language, or "Naughty" talk. This way, all they need to do is make a priority system, which shows them the language and other things like that first, and the unimportant ones second. Then, they can just ignore the "incorrect information" reports and leave it to the actual players of the game to get rid of those.

And for the people who incorrectly report things, like putting bad information as bad language so that the admins would immediately read those, the admins could give a warning, take away their reporting ability, or other more drastic measures.

Edited by Gaberdude

This is exactly how it already was.

Tip posting is not coming back, they suck.