"Can't load" store/PS+ and friends list.

Quink666

I get this message after my PS5 and been on for a while. 

bVRQtII.jpg

I still have internet connection and can play online games but my store/PS+ tab and my friends list and other online feature won't work. 

If i reboot the console it works for a while but as soon as i start a game it goes "offline" again.

Anyone have any idea why this started happening now? I've restarted everyting that has with internet to do, router and such.

Edit: Whenever i rebooted and things "work" I can't switch tabs in the store. Nothing loads anymore and it looks like this.

DXKaoVI.jpeg

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It sounds like parts of PSN are having issues right now.

Really? it's been like this for 48 hours for me, that why i thought it was on my end. Well guess i'll just have to wait and see. Can always ask a mod to delete this thread if that's the case. The store/ps+ loads fine on app and in my browser.

Thanks for the answer.

I've also gone from Nat type 1 to type 2 for no reason at all.

Edited by Quink666

Are you able to sync your earned trophies with PlayStation Network?

If not, it might be DNS problems.

Also, have you tried connecting to the internet on console via mobile hotspot or anything other than your home network?

• Like 1

When I have this happen it's either because the PSN has conked out for the umpteenth time, the console can't connect to my wifi or my wifi is having issues. More often than resetting the modem fixes the issue for me.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I've also gone from Nat type 1 to type 2 for no reason at all.

NAT Type 2 does not mean it is bad, but NAT Type 3 is definitely bad since it means you are on a strict network setup. I've been on NAT Type 2 since I owned my PS4, and everything works well.

If you're behind router, you'll get NAT Type 2. However, if you connect your console directly to your modem, you'll get NAT Type 1. I'm talking from experience.

Edited by zizimonster
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Are you able to sync your earned trophies with PlayStation Network?

If not, it might be DNS problems.

Also, have you tried connecting to the internet on console via mobile hotspot or anything other than your home network?

15 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

When I have this happen it's either because the PSN has conked out for the umpteenth time, the console can't connect to my wifi or my wifi is having issues. More often than resetting the modem fixes the issue for me.

15 hours ago, zizimonster said:

NAT Type 2 does not mean it is bad, but NAT Type 3 is definitely bad since it means you are on a strict network setup. I've been on NAT Type 2 since I owned my PS4, and everything works well.

If you're behind router, you'll get NAT Type 2. However, if you connect your console directly to your modem, you'll get NAT Type 1. I'm talking from experience.

I figured out the problem when i connected my PS5 straight to the internet without my router and it's been working for several hours now. Tried connecting the PS5 via wifi but still have the same issues. Reset my router to factory but it's still happening. But the ps store load fine on browser and in mobile app even though they are connected to the same router. Guess i'll have to spend another 200 bucks on a decent wifi router. Thanks for the help peeps appreciate it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Guess i'll have to spend another 200 bucks on a decent wifi router.

Just a suggestion: Grab a WiFi 6 router (usually start with AX something something) since PS5 is compatible with that. You can get one for around $100 -- depends on what brand you choose.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Try a wired connection, that will be far more stable than a wireless one. If needed, you can use Ethernet Plugs if you don't want miles of cables snaking through your house :).

I'm wired for life! Just tried to connect PS5 via wifi to see if that would solve the issue. In cables i trust!

58 minutes ago, Infinite-Omi said:

Need to enable port forwarding in your router for your PS5

Heres a decent tutorial

https://www.purevpn.com/port-forwarding/playstation-5

Also setting DNS to googles public DNS may help

I did the DNS thing a while back but i'll surely do the port forwarding thingy as soon as i get myself a new router.

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Just a suggestion: Grab a WiFi 6 router (usually start with AX something something) since PS5 is compatible with that. You can get one for around $100 -- depends on what brand you choose.

I will keep my eye out for that. Thanks!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RetroFeniks said:

I'm having the same issues right now (since this afternoon actually) and I have a wired connection too. 
I can sync my trophies, but can't access the store etc. Looks to me like it's a fault on PSNs side. 

Well i can access the store now when i'm connected straight to the internet. Been working for about 4 hours now. But 5 minutes after i plug my PS5 via the router i can access the store for about 5 minutes before it completely dead but i can still play online games like DBD. It's really weird. Hopefully it's a problem with PSN for you, and it'll likely get fixed fairly fast. I hope!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I'm wired for life!

same until recently I found my fancy expensive TV from Sony is still using 10/100 ethernet ports. (And this is not just Sony but many name brands) My internet is 500 megs and that port caps it at 100. I mean I guess its fine since streaming even 4k only needs about 40megs but when everyone in the house is using up a ton of bandwidth, kinda need all the megs I can get to stream.

The workaround is to go wifi for it as itll bypass the port. Or buy one of those usb to ethernet plugs which I had to do for a TV further away from my wifi router.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

same until recently I found my fancy expensive TV from Sony is still using 10/100 ethernet ports. (And this is not just Sony but many name brands) My internet is 500 megs and that port caps it at 100. I mean I guess its fine since streaming even 4k only needs about 40megs but when everyone in the house is using up a ton of bandwidth, kinda need all the megs I can get to stream.

The workaround is to go wifi for it as itll bypass the port. Or buy one of those usb to ethernet plugs which I had to do for a TV further away from my wifi router.

Pretty sure my LG C11 does the same thing. But i stream all my content from my PC either Via Plex or whatever it is my brother setup. I stream any and all apps from PC to TV and i never have to worry abut Bandwidth.

What annoys me is that whenever i test my down/upload when testing internet connection on my PS5 i always get 250 down but only about 10-12 upload. No idea why really but it's annoying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Pretty sure my LG C11 does the same thing. But i stream all my content from my PC either Via Plex or whatever it is my brother setup. I stream any and all apps from PC to TV and i never have to worry abut Bandwidth.

What annoys me is that whenever i test my down/upload when testing internet connection on my PS5 i always get 250 down but only about 10-12 upload. No idea why really but it's annoying.

Probably Sony throttling is my guess.