For The Record

Soldier_Farron

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that well for me that is I do not go for plat trophies on any game.  Because for one, most of the trophies are very hard for me to get, and I hate higher difficulties on certain games I play.  Just so to let you know cause I'm just tired of seeing people commenting about me getting plats like everyone, but I don't.  I'm sure most of you never go for plats like me, but everyone else does.

I'm just made a new PSN profile about 2 months ago and I'm currently getting all my current games back starting tonight.

I dunno where to post this but I thought this would be a good spot.

Thanks for understanding.

• Like 1

Different strokes for different folks man ;) nothing wrong with not caring for plats, in fact I welcome it, I would've accomplished more real life stuff, like ending world hunger, making poverty a thing of the past and successfully being the first man to ever take a shit on the moon, unfortunately I started platinum trophies; anyways welcome to the forums, no one cares about your trophies we only care for the content of your character.. wow did I just say that? I'm such a nice fucking person. Have fun playing and not caring at all. :)

I kinda only try to platinum games I actually love. But still have a platinum whorish sense at times. I remember once when I was playing All stars I lost to this one guy who was practically getting his hand held by this very good player that was beating me & my partner, as he used sly to just hide. What happened after we lost was he messaged me saying I was a Fucken Noob and that I need to get a life instead of being a platinum whore, who can't fully enjoy the games I play. i found this funny because I only had maybe 9 platinums at the time. Also if i remember right aren't the Platinum's goal to give the player the full experience of the game? Any way my point is, there are people who will always give you crap about something, and you shouldn't take what they say to heart. Sometimes people who collect platinums get bashed by the people who don't. If you don't want to platinum games that's ok. I mean this site doesn't require people to have platinums...but it's considered like a gathering spot for, I guess "Trophy Hunters". We all like to advice eachother games we might be intrested in platinuming from time to time. Someone recommended me to platinum BlazBlue last week & guess what? It went right to my top Fighting games series list; so you see some people just like to help eachother since a lot of us collect platinums. Although I don't know the situation/posts you got regarding what happened to you, so I really can't say much but that.

Out of curiosity why did you change your PSN name? Btw I love this name Lighting is just everything <3 And for you not getting any plats or aiming for them its okay, plats are not everything, what matters is you have fun and enjoy what you are playing :)

Because I was trying to get rid of my old name I used since 2010 and it was my old character name from Final Fantasy XIV that I had stress problems (don't wanna get into it!)

I personally enjoy going for plats in games that I enjoy enough to place time into.

You should enjoy gaming for your own interests and not someone elses. No shame in being a trophy hunter or not being one at all.

Happy gaming!

Thank you, that's what I wanted to do is to have fun and just not care about plats that's all. :)

As for all of you thank you for your replies I feel much better after reading them, and like all of you said have fun gaming! :)

People sure do complain about the dumbest things...who cares how you play your games? Playing games is for YOU to have fun, not for someone else to dictate how you play them.  I had someone try to get on my case for not playing every game on Very Hard/Crushing/Chaos/whatever.  Ridiculous.

People sure do complain about the dumbest things...who cares how you play your games? Playing games is for YOU to have fun, not for someone else to dictate how you play them.  I had someone try to get on my case for not playing every game on Very Hard/Crushing/Chaos/whatever.  Ridiculous.

I've had that happens to me as well!

They ranted about how much of a "noob" I was to handle or even comprehend the challenges that come with harder difficulties.

People become entirely egotistic when they are hiding behind their Television screens, it can be quite funny sometimes.