What PS5 Games Are Out There That Can Only Be Found/Played On The PS5?

MrTacoNinja

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls (Remaster) come to mind, both don't have a PS4 version.

There aren't a lot PS5 only games yet which is quite a shame. I don't know if I'm correct with the assumption, but I bet making a game for PS4 and PS5 prevents new games with a focus on graphics to really shine. ?

If we aren't talking exclusives, then there's Returnal as well. It's on PC too, but is only playable on console on PS5.

There's also the classic games that are being brought over, and are just PS5. Stuff like Legend of Dragoon and Wild Arms. 

Well be getting more soon though. Next month is FFXVI. By next year the last gen versions should be stopping.

44 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls (Remaster) come to mind, both don't have a PS4 version.

There aren't a lot PS5 only games yet which is quite a shame. I don't know if I'm correct with the assumption, but I bet making a game for PS4 and PS5 prevents new games with a focus on graphics to really shine. 1f914.png

More than two years into the PS5 console cycle and this is a bit concerning, I mean sure PS5 is better than PS4, and games on them run better on the whole.

But looking at the front end of this site site, PS4 trophy lists are popping into the site, arguably there's more "PS4 exclusives" than PS5 ones since there's only a PS4 version released but of course you can play the PS4 version on your PS5 just fine. As someone who probably isn't going to get a PS5 this kind of news just makes my decision to stock up on more PS4 controllers and a second PS4 Slim a worthwhile decision.

I guess, the upcoming biggie as far as Japan is concerned at least will be Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, but I do think that's being forced as PS5 only as a marketing strategy.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1, the DLC is PS5 exclusive. Which technically makes FF7 Remake Part 1 a PS4 exclusive and then a PS5 exclusive since originally it was only PS4 before it came out on Steam ?

• Like 1

Technically, all PSVR2 games are PS5 only as well, but one could argue they aren't PS5 games :D

21 hours ago, enaysoft said:

More than two years into the PS5 console cycle and this is a bit concerning, I mean sure PS5 is better than PS4, and games on them run better on the whole.

But looking at the front end of this site site, PS4 trophy lists are popping into the site, arguably there's more "PS4 exclusives" than PS5 ones since there's only a PS4 version released but of course you can play the PS4 version on your PS5 just fine. As someone who probably isn't going to get a PS5 this kind of news just makes my decision to stock up on more PS4 controllers and a second PS4 Slim a worthwhile decision.

I guess, the upcoming biggie as far as Japan is concerned at least will be Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, but I do think that's being forced as PS5 only as a marketing strategy.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1, the DLC is PS5 exclusive. Which technically makes FF7 Remake Part 1 a PS4 exclusive and then a PS5 exclusive since originally it was only PS4 before it came out on Steam 1f914.png

It's almost like Sony doesn't want you to buy a PS5. Almost every game can be played on a PS4/Pro, and apart from faster to no loading times and enhanced graphics, there's no real difference. Why upgrade to a PS5 if there's no incentive to do so? No loading times is a blessing for sure though! ?

I just wonder when they'll stop making games for PS4 and PS5 at the same time. Two and a half years into the PS5 cycle and just a handful of exclusive titles is rather sad. It's not like they're wasting resources completely, but developing games with PS4 compatibility in mind prevents PS5 games from using their full potential. I don't remember if it was this bad with the transition from PS3 to PS4. ?

And then there's the rumor about a PS5 Pro. But upgrading for even better PS4 games doesn't seem worth it.

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Technically, all PSVR2 games are PS5 only as well, but one could argue they aren't PS5 games :D

It's almost like Sony doesn't want you to buy a PS5. Almost every game can be played on a PS4/Pro, and apart from faster to no loading times and enhanced graphics, there's no real difference. Why upgrade to a PS5 if there's no incentive to do so? No loading times is a blessing for sure though! 1f44c.png

I just wonder when they'll stop making games for PS4 and PS5 at the same time. Two and a half years into the PS5 cycle and just a handful of exclusive titles is rather sad. It's not like they're wasting resources completely, but developing games with PS4 compatibility in mind prevents PS5 games from using their full potential. I don't remember if it was this bad with the transition from PS3 to PS4. 1f914.png

And then there's the rumor about a PS5 Pro. But upgrading for even better PS4 games doesn't seem worth it.

Yeah this exact same question could be applied to PSVR2 as well, I mean it's the exact same issue as PS4 and PS5. The upgrade has about 2-3 exclusives, but otherwise prettier versions of original PSVR (PS4 versions)

Now that you mention it, if a PS5 Pro was in the works, what would it even do? I mean I am pretty sure the PS5 exclusives at the moment are all 60fps max res anyway.
Being a retro gamer I love older games, which leads to the question, some series probably won't even get a PS5 release (hence my PS4 exclusive joke)

Hamster Arcade Archives are gonna be on PS4 pretty much forever I think, I mean why have a PS5 version, or both versions, or leave behind PS4?

And then recently Final Fantasy 1-6, those games are PS4 only trophy lists. The mid tier games, especially the indie stuff, I think those games will be PS4 and PS5 for the foreseeable future. Like, who is gonna make their game PS5 only?!

We're at the point in the development of video games, that the PS4 and XBox One are probably good and enough and strong enough to play 90% of all games for the next few decades (I mean both are already a decade old already)

I don't think technology has advanced enough for PS5 and XBoxX to make that much of a next gen impact, I mean sure UE5 is out, there are mind blowing gfx on these next gen games, especially on PC. But these block buster next gen games take so many years to make now and not many come out each other. Shinier remasters of old games on PS3 and PS4 as much as we hate it is gonna be the future for many companies now.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake part 2 comes out on PS5 soon, but let's not forget part 1 was announced in like 2014, almost ten years ago when the PS4 was about a year old, and part 2 comes 2 years into the PS5 life cycle?

God Of War too, that was 2018, sequel came out 5-6 years later.

And here is the other sad thing about next gen games, it takes about 2-5 years for each one to be made, and can be completed in less than a week. That's not much gaming experience for the time for development for one person.

• Like 1

I've really started playing allot on PS5 and have a recurring situation, I'm installing the PS4 versions again and playing that format. The ps5 smoothness and refresh rate is actually making me nauseous. I don't understand, My pc uses the full 120hz my tv can handle and I cap it at 119fps just to be safe and no problem there. Spent allot on controllers with the wolverine, victrix and Dualsense edge and beginning to think this console isn't for me. Ah well, I'll favor graphics over framerate and see what happens.

BTW I was going to say Samurai Maiden and DioField Chronicle but they are ps4/5, Thankyou Bookoff Shinjuku. everytime I forget it's floor 5 and not 4

Edited by Z1MZUM

I think part of the reason we see so few PS5-only titles is the fact that the PS5 can run both PS4 and PS5 games, so developers still have an incentive to develop a game that runs on both to maximize sales potential. Why split your market by only supporting PS5 when all that does is exclude tens of millions of PS4 owners from being able to buy your game? You’re better off developing something that runs on both consoles as opposed to just one, while perhaps offering a PS5 version with higher frame rate or better graphics, etc. 

Also, until recently the PS5 was very hard to obtain, so if a developer chose to develop for PS5-only then they were developing for a console that didn’t have a huge installed base.

I’ve been perfectly happy using my PS5 to play PS5 versions of games that support both consoles, and to play PS4 versions of older games. I haven’t touched my PS4 Pro in ages except to play the occasional older title that doesn’t run on PS5 for some reason.

For new PS5 owners I’d suggest just enjoying the broad selection games with PS5 versions as opposed to worrying about a perceived lack of PS5-only titles. Odds are you’re going to see devs continue to build for both because that’s the best way to access the entire installed base.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't think we'll get too many PS5 exclusives until Sony retires the PS4. And even then, thanks to PS5's backward compatibility there will still be some cross-compatible releases that are PS5 enhanced. And games getting a version on both PS4 and PS5 will still be a thing for awhile. Fine, as long as PS5 is the lead platform.

I'd gladly pay another $10 for a PS5 upgrade of Bloodborne, even if it just boosts the original game to 4K60.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge