Improved Lottery Odds?

richoxer

Hi everyone.

Has anyone noticed they're getting far better odds with the Lottery for trinkets in Sunbreak?

I'm around 150 MR kills in, and I've bagged 8 of them, including the Shogun Ceanataur statue which I heard is troublesome for some players. That's a FAR higher frequency than I was seeing in the base game. Just wondered if there's a common opinion, or if I'm just getting very lucky. OR... is it just because the pool of trinket prizes in the lottery is bigger, and in fact my odds are just going to get worse with each one collected?

Either way I'm happy about it!

• Like 1

I don't have Sunbreak yet (waiting until they release the title update 5 for the Playstation version) but I hope it's true. I'm still missing three trinkets in the base game. I do know they doubled the gold crown odds outside of special events in Sunbreak compared to Rise. So its probably not far-fetched that they improved the odds of the lottery too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richoxer said:

Hi everyone.

Has anyone noticed they're getting far better odds with the Lottery for trinkets in Sunbreak?

I'm around 150 MR kills in, and I've bagged 8 of them, including the Shogun Ceanataur statue which I heard is troublesome for some players. That's a FAR higher frequency than I was seeing in the base game. Just wondered if there's a common opinion, or if I'm just getting very lucky. OR... is it just because the pool of trinket prizes in the lottery is bigger, and in fact my odds are just going to get worse with each one collected?

Either way I'm happy about it!

1 hour ago, RotatingCube said:

I don't have Sunbreak yet (waiting until they release the title update 5 for the Playstation version) but I hope it's true. I'm still missing three trinkets in the base game. I do know they doubled the gold crown odds outside of special events in Sunbreak compared to Rise. So its probably not far-fetched that they improved the odds of the lottery too.

Can confirm since I got the trophy for the trinkets like 2 days ago and am very close to getting the crown trophies for the base game and Sunbreak!???

• Like 1

I wondered about improved odds as well.

In the ~100 hours I played Rise I managed to get 3 lottery trinkets, and the jackpot in general was pretty rare.
I'm ~70 hours into Sunbreak and I have almost all lottery trinkets from Rise and Sunbreak. It feels like it's rarer to NOT get an item in the lottery than hitting the jackpot. I'm playing with my brother and he has most decoration items as well, so I think they might have increased the chances of getting a red jackpot orb.

• Like 1

Confirmation bias at its finest

But yeah, like the comment above said, in Sunbreak I've noticed it's rarer not to get the prize than to get the jackpot for the trinkets, so they might have tweaked the odds a bit. Hopefully it stays like that

Chiming in with my own experience: after ~70 hours of base Rise, I think I'd gotten 5 of the 12 lottery trinkets. With Sunbreak, I had every trinket from the base game and expansion by 150 hours total. I could have had them all even earlier, but it seems like the Gargolda Statue won't appear until you've registered it in your Endemic Life list, which I put off doing.

• 6 months later...

I am not seeing any of these anecdotes in my own personal experience playing Sunbreak with latest title updates.  I am around 300 hours into the game and still missing 3 or 4 base game lottery decorations and at least 5 or more Sunbreak decorations.  I've failed to win the jackpot several times on several different decorations and its not uncommon for me to go 12+ hours of constant hunting without being offered a single decoration in the lottery.

It does not help that in latest title updates to Sunbreak's content they've added at least 10 or more unneeded decorations into Sunbreak's decoration pool for the trophy unless the trophy does in fact require the title update decorations as well, but I haven't been able to find any confirmation on that.  Not much information about the game anymore regarding the latest update and how it affects trophies on PS5.

Either way, you will have to deal with either getting double the amount of Sunbreak lottery rewards now or you will have to contend with being offered a bunch of junk decorations you don't need for the two trophies muddying up your lottery reward pools.  I still have an enormous amount of hunts and crown hunting to do still so I am not worried yet, but do not expect to finish the lottery decorations in less than 300 hours as these posts would suggest in the latest title update.

EDIT: I managed to get all the lottery decorations, both from base Rise and Sunbreak including the ones added via title updates in about 400 hours.  I always checked for the lottery and played the lottery the entire game.  I used lottery tickets when decorations were on offer but not sure if they actually improve odds of winning the jackpot or not as I still lost a fair amount of the time even when using them.  I failed to get the Espinas decoration 3 times before I finally won it for instance.  The only saving grace is that you can't get duplicates so eventually you will clear out the pool of decorations you need.

These are the decorations that were added to Sunbreak via title updates below, but I cannot confirm if they are needed for the trophy or not as I received them all before I have all the hanging scrolls so I don't have the trophy anyway.  I would assume that they aren't needed but you'll probably get all of them anyway like I did because they make it harder to get the base Rise/Sunbreak decorations so its still a good idea to win them.

Velkhana
Malzeno+
Amatsu
Poogie Plush (Maiden)
Poogie Plush (Memorial Stripes)
Poogie Plush (Cool)
Poogie Plush (Emperor's Duds)
Goocoo Plush (Raincoat)
Goocoo Plush (Velocidrome)
Goocoo Plush (Scarlet)
Goocoo Plush (Princess)

Edited by Elegy