Trackmaster times

djippps

As in Trackmania turbo, there are some trophies: 

You are the Trackmaster (stack with Beginning of a great story)

Daily Trackmaster
which require to beat author times. Since these times are hidden, I wonder if someone in the community have made a document giving all required times for each track per season. I assume it is highly probable this exists in the pc community of this game.

If someone knows the same thing for daily tracks, it would also be great! ?

Edited by djippps
  • Like 1

For the Daily tracks there is this: https://www.author-tracker.com/player/3bb0d130-637d-46a6-9c19-87fe4bda3c52

For the Campaign stuff I haven't found a link with all of the track times put together, but it's just a matter of searching on youtube for something like "Trackmania Sprint 2023 06 Author Time" and it should appear something. Example: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SetName_ said:

I wanted to know which tracks required the least improvement after beating gold so I made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syQVTmv5F1ZKbv--DYOzcyIrdxT0mMxXMXGznGNNbZY/edit?usp=sharing

It is also possible to apply temporary filters if needed

Thats not all to consider if you want to know if the track is easy to get the AT but some nice info you collected there. Most tracks from white to blue are pretty doable, except for the older ice tracks, dont know if it is just me or the new ice physics make it so hard, but some jumps seem to be impossible compsred to older videos beating these tracks. Red and black tracks are on a different level of difficulty, thus making the ATs harder to earn. Also the tracks are longer in most cases. But it seemed on the older seasons there were some easy ATs I got like a second faster than AT with ease within a few tries after learning the track.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 3:32 AM, lemaestre said:

Thats not all to consider if you want to know if the track is easy to get the AT but some nice info you collected there. Most tracks from white to blue are pretty doable, except for the older ice tracks, dont know if it is just me or the new ice physics make it so hard, but some jumps seem to be impossible compsred to older videos beating these tracks. Red and black tracks are on a different level of difficulty, thus making the ATs harder to earn. Also the tracks are longer in most cases. But it seemed on the older seasons there were some easy ATs I got like a second faster than AT with ease within a few tries after learning the track.

How do you know the color of tracks in Trackmania 2020? ? (sorry for this noob question)

7 minutes ago, djippps said:

How do you know the color of tracks in Trackmania 2020? 1f615.png (sorry for this noob question)

Above the track list of each campaign, there is a color series (white, green, blue, red, black. 5 tracks per each series.

• Like 2

On 31/05/2023 at 11:32 AM, lemaestre said:

Most tracks from white to blue are pretty doable, except for the older ice tracks, dont know if it is just me or the new ice physics make it so hard, but some jumps seem to be impossible compsred to older videos beating these tracks.

Yeah, Oct 1st 2022 (Fall 2022 campaign) is when they changed ice and water. I can't comment on water, but I know ice got nerfed hard. 

There's a totd called Wormhole which was really easy, but now extremely annoying to do. You need enough speed for a very long jump and the ice just doesn't let you gain much speed anymore.

• Like 1

Has anyone managed to get an author medal on Summer Campaign 2020 track 10?

Or is this one track that has become near impossible due to the new ice thing. I’ve tried for 2 hours and feel like I’m wasting my time here as that last jump is impossible for me.

Edited by Baker

26 minutes ago, Baker said:

Has anyone managed to get an author medal on Summer Campaign 2020 track 10?

Or is this one track that has become near impossible due to the new ice thing. I’ve tried for 2 hours and feel like I’m wasting my time here as that last jump is impossible for me.

10 and 25 unplayable map also don't waste your time

45 minutes ago, iceman_CFC said:

10 and 25 unplayable map also don't waste your time

Thought so. Do you know if there is a list with impossible ice tracks for all careers? I don’t want to make the same mistake twice.

3 hours ago, Baker said:

Thought so. Do you know if there is a list with impossible ice tracks for all careers? I don’t want to make the same mistake twice.

Every campaign AT has actually been proven possible with the new ice physics. The physics change occurred starting with the Fall 2022 campaign, so I'd just recommend skipping any heavy ice maps prior to that.

14 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Every campaign AT has actually been proven possible with the new ice physics. The physics change occurred starting with the Fall 2022 campaign, so I'd just recommend skipping any heavy ice maps prior to that.

Yeah maybe if you’re a pro. For us mortals it’s pretty much impossible. ?

I just learned you don’t get a full boost anymore with icy wheels.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just finally achieved the platinum trophy, immortalized as the 37th PS5 platinum owner, and on all stacks! ?

Sad that the ice gameplay has been improved as I worked the remaining authors on the new campaign. ?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

On 04/06/2023 at 6:38 AM, Baker said:

They've changed ice again and made it faster. Probably not as good as the original ice, but definitely better.

They apparently either got rid of wiggling or nerfed it a lot as well, though I haven't played enough yet to test against old ghost times.

But good news that old ice tracks are a bit easier again. I'm going to assume Fall 22, winter 23 and spring 23 ice tracks are a joke now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

They've changed ice again and made it faster. Probably not as good as the original ice, but definitely better.

They apparently either got rid of wiggling or nerfed it a lot as well, though I haven't played enough yet to test against old ghost times.

But good news that old ice tracks are a bit easier again. I'm going to assume Fall 22, winter 23 and spring 23 ice tracks are a joke now.

Good news. 

I’m nowhere near those campaigns. I’m going in order and am still in fall 2020. I haven’t been playing this game much lately.

I’m seeing the video above from fall 2020 track 3 and I got the author medal after a lot of effort before the patch and can definitely see ice is much faster now. 

First it’s back to summer 2020 track 10 to try and get my 25th author medal of the season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chlorhydric said:

For those who got both 200 Campaign AT medals and 90 Track of the day AT medals, what did you find the hardest ? 

In my opinion 200 campaign ATs were a little harder. It is more than double the tracks and you have less of a choice which tracks you‘re going for. In comparison COTD do 90 of the easier tracks starting off with June 2020 you‘re already done with one third. Then just Go down the list on author tracker. With the console release may 2023 has also some easy ATs to get.

On 3.6.2023 at 4:03 PM, Riiszk said:

There's a totd called Wormhole which was really easy, but now extremely annoying to do. You need enough speed for a very long jump and the ice just doesn't let you gain much speed anymore.

Yeah, i did that track getting the jump was not easy.

9 minutes ago, lemaestre said:

In my opinion 200 campaign ATs were a little harder. It is more than double the tracks and you have less of a choice which tracks you‘re going for. In comparison COTD do 90 of the easier tracks starting off with June 2020 you‘re already done with one third. Then just Go down the list on author tracker. With the console release may 2023 has also some easy ATs to get.

I've done 100 TotD medals and am only at 50 or so campaign ones. I expect them to be harder for the reasons here. For scale, go and attempt the AMs for tracks 15-20 of each campaign - you will have get the majority of those to hit 200 total, unless you wait for several more seasons to come out. The task will get easier with time. 

3 hours ago, barra333 said:

I've done 100 TotD medals and am only at 50 or so campaign ones. I expect them to be harder for the reasons here. For scale, go and attempt the AMs for tracks 15-20 of each campaign - you will have get the majority of those to hit 200 total, unless you wait for several more seasons to come out. The task will get easier with time. 

Well there are already 13 seasons so you barely need to get Author Medals on 16-20 anymore. You need an average of 15-16 Author Medals per season now.

I personally think some Track of the Days I did were quite a bit harder than anything I encountered in the seasons so far. (62/200)

I guess it depends on context - if I handed you a clean save and no prior knowledge of the game, finding 90 Tracks of the Day to get an Am on would be pretty daunting. But if I gave you this, the job is far easier, as you can now skip around to the doable ones (doable for plebs like us). I think on the balance of it, I am likely going to spend more time per track on the campaign AMs than the TotD ones I got, but I think the difficulty between the two is not significantly different.