Driving knowledge required?

Mokujin

This may seem daft, I have no idea. But is an understanding of driving required for this game? I assumed like many games there would be settings to simplify everything, automatically adjusting gears and stuff like that, and the game would simply be bus specific stuff with video game driving. But during the tutorial and viewing the cockpit and then the selection wheel, I was overwhelmed with all the keywords and things, so I’m wondering should I know how to drive and how driving works to play this game? I don’t drive nor do I plan to, never mind drive a bus, or am I just getting put off unnecessarily?

• Like 1

Honestly, if you're playing on Day Tripper difficulty, then you'll just need to know that square is to open/close the bus doors and triangle for tickets and the gears and stuff are automatic. I don't drive but it's not that tricky to pick up in my opinion. 

No like the above comment days on day tripper all gears are automatic. Controls are just like any driving game. Apart from a few buttons you will need to learn like opening doors lowering the bus and using the ticket machine. 

Give it a go. Should be a straightforward platinum also.