2012 Trophy Goals?

dontwaketheKIDS

Last year I set very general trophy goals - have fun, ding 10 platinums and raise total trophy count to 700. I was pretty meticulous about which games I played, and in what order. It felt good to hit those goals and really helped focus otherwise mindless gaming.

What are your goals for 2012? Plat all games in a particular series? Total trophy count? Just concerned about platinums? Or do you not set goals at all and let it unfold more naturally?

I haven't finalized things, but so far my tentative 2012 trophy goals are:

15th platinum

1337th trophy

Platinum remaining Uncharted games (2 & 3)

• Like 1

I would like to platinum Skate 3 (if possible, some trophies seem impossible due to glitches)

I would like to platinum Skyrim.

I would like to platinum Resident Evil 5.

I would like to platinum Little Big Planet 2.

I would like to 100% Little Big Planet 1 (I have all the DLC needed, so I might as well)

I would like to 100% Castle Crashers.

I also have GTAIV, NHL 11 and NHL 12 on my list... but those are games I can't really say I expect to platinum. Largely because of the online trophies, the time and cooperation of teammates it would take to get the online trophies, and because I understand that NHL 11 online will be shut down before 2012 is over.

Any other platinum's and 100%'s I get throughout 2012 are welcome as well! :)

my trophy goals have more to do with backlog...

But i will for sure go for the Tales of Graces platinum right away because i love the Tales games...

other than that i have a slew of backlogged games that are calling my name... Dragon Age 2 platinum, Dead Island platinum, etc... i usually try for a platinum a month but that might not work because im planning on playing White Knight Chronicles 2 and Star Ocean

I try and keep my goals reasonable and attainable, because I'll hate myself if I put an impossible challenge in front of me. Here's what I'm looking at for next year:

• Finish up all my Platinums in progress (Mass Effect 2, Madden 12, WKC2, Disgaea 4, Catherine)
  • 1500 total trophies (roughly 400, depending on how many I get in the next three weeks)
  • 28 total Platinum trophies -- if I include my "in progress" list, I only need three more beyond those.

I imagine there's a reasonable chance I'll go well beyond those marks, especially if I end up playing some games that don't take such immense periods of time to finish up. I surpassed my 2011 goals by the middle of the year, after all. Still, I feel that if I keep my goals modest I'll enjoy the process better.

The next year will be physically and mentally challenging to me, so Iam not planing to earn alot of trophies :(

My plan for year 2012 will be:

- Getting 15-20 plats

- Reaching 3600-4000 trophies

- Reaching level 23

15-20 plats where the following games will be included:

1- Ninja Gaiden 3 (A MUST)

2- Assassin's Creed: Revelation

3,4,5- Devil May Cry HD collection

6,7- GOW origin

If I cant make it then NO BIGGIE I'll having fun either ways :awesome:

• Like 1

I'd like to 100% everything I have, but I'm not willing to buy all that dlc. Some stuff is fun and worth the price, but some just isn't worth it to me. Especially with prices of $50+ for games like TW2.

My main goal at the moment is play a lot of the games that I've been putting off. The last time I checked, I had about ten+ games in my backlog. Once I plat the games I get for Christmas, I'll be going back to some older titles. Other than that, I still like getting at least one plat a month.

I wouldn't mind seeing level 19 by the end of 2012, but that may just be wishful thinking. :D

I don't have, nor ever have, set plans in regards to trophy counts or Platinums for any specific time period. I have nothing against trophies, I just am not a serious trophy hunter like many others here. I am quite content finishing a game all the way through, and then, at a later date I will revisit it to clean up trophies or go for the Plat. As it is, I have something like 4 games that are only 2 or 3 trophies away from the Plat, I just never got back to them as of yet.

My goal, however, is to start working on the tremendous back-log of games I have collecting dust on my shelf. A quick glance shows I have 13 games still in their original wrappers that I purchased new and have never played (all but 2 have trophy support), and a shit-load more that I only played a little bit. So if I were to say I had a goal, it would be to play those games I already have rather than going on buying sprees as I am known to do.

I want to plat games that require online AKA WKC 1 & 2 which are the main ones (while they might be acheivable offline, online coop makes it way less traumatising).

But would also include : Fat princess, Under siege, Greed corp, Military Madness : Nectaris

After that i have a number of games i'd like to plat : Elder Scroll 5 : Skyrim, Catherine, Disgaea 3 & 4, Record of War : agarest 1 & zero, Atelier Rorona - Totori - MeruMeru, Tales of Graces, Kingdom of Amalur, Bioshock : Infinite, FF13-2, Star ocean 4,

And since Vita will suport trophy (ahhhh my brains o_O) : Gravity Rush and Dungeon Ruins

And i find the after all that : i still have 120ish unfinished games to play on ps1, ps2, ds and psp

I don't have, nor ever have, set plans in regards to trophy counts or Platinums for any specific time period. I have nothing against trophies, I just am not a serious trophy hunter like many others here. I am quite content finishing a game all the way through, and then, at a later date I will revisit it to clean up trophies or go for the Plat. As it is, I have something like 4 games that are only 2 or 3 trophies away from the Plat, I just never got back to them as of yet.

My goal, however, is to start working on the tremendous back-log of games I have collecting dust on my shelf. A quick glance shows I have 13 games still in their original wrappers that I purchased new and have never played (all but 2 have trophy support), and a shit-load more that I only played a little bit. So if I were to say I had a goal, it would be to play those games I already have rather than going on buying sprees as I am known to do.

You don't necessarily have to aim for a certain platinum number or something, could just spout off some games you'd like to platinum in the next year like yours truly. :P

Buy a Playstation Move.

I didn't realize you got trophies for that. :lol:

You don't necessarily have to aim for a certain platinum number or something, could just spout off some games you'd like to platinum in the next year like yours truly. :P

But see, I don't think along those lines, never have. I have never said to myself "I am gonna' Platinum that game" I always just play the game(s) and see where it takes me from there.

Some look at games and the first thing they think of is the Platinum/trophies, and others, like myself, do not.

No one way is better than the other, just different play styles and mindsets.

Now, if this qualifies, there is a game that I have set my mind to finishing, regardless if I get the Platinum or any other trophies for it or not:

Demon's Souls

But see, I don't think along those lines, never have. I have never said to myself "I am gonna' Platinum that game" I always just play the game(s) and see where it takes me from there.

Some look at games and the first thing they think of is the Platinum/trophies, and others, like myself, do not.

No one way is better than the other, just different play styles and mindsets.

When I look at the Uncharted series, my first thought wasn't platinum/trophies. But that doesn't mean I didn't say "that'd be a fine game to have in my platinum list someday, and achievable too" with my second and third thought. :P

Maybe list some games you would like to platinum that seem even remotely obtainable? :)

Maybe list some games you would like to platinum that seem even remotely obtainable? :)

Persistent bastard, ain't ya'..... :P

Ok, ok...here are the games that I will most likely end up getting the Plats for before too long then:

Battlefield Bad Co. 2 (friggin' Demolition Man)

Battlefield 3

Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions

Batman Arkham Asylum

LEGO: Start Wars III

LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean

Red Dead Redemption

SKYRIM

TRINE

InFamous

Medal of Honor

Tiger Woods 12: The Masters

Call of Juarez (depending on if the online is still active)

Fallout 3

Demon's Souls (tossed in for shits & giggles)

So yes, I have a list of games that I will more than likely take the time and Platinum, but not really in any specific time-frame.