Call of the mountain bugs or defected hardware?

Atom1cMoose

Hello everyone! Just recently bought the ps vr 2 and have been trying to get acquainted with actually playing a VR and all the controls. Let me first start off by saying the I’ve run into the common issue of the game not recognizing the right controller during calibration (which happens every time I start the game).

Resetting the right controller while in game via the pin hole helps but temporarily as it has to be done again if I shut down the system.  Other than that, I noticed that during climbing sections I’m able to reach over the shoulder to use the left pickaxe just fine but the right never works. I have to go into the inventory to select it and then start climbing.

Lastly! The right index finger (virtually) tends to get stuck in the outward position regardless if my finger is resting on the button or not. The thumb and middle finger are recognized fine but not the index. Any actions requiring that button work fine when pressed but the touch sensitivity is almost non existent.

Sorry long post but just wanted to find out if I’m missing something about these issues or should I return the hardware during the return period and try my luck with another. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Atom1cMoose said:

Hello everyone! Just recently bought the ps vr 2 and have been trying to get acquainted with actually playing a VR and all the controls. Let me first start off by saying the I’ve run into the common issue of the game not recognizing the right controller during calibration (which happens every time I start the game).

Resetting the right controller while in game via the pin hole helps but temporarily as it has to be done again if I shut down the system.  Other than that, I noticed that during climbing sections I’m able to reach over the shoulder to use the left pickaxe just fine but the right never works. I have to go into the inventory to select it and then start climbing.

Lastly! The right index finger (virtually) tends to get stuck in the outward position regardless if my finger is resting on the button or not. The thumb and middle finger are recognized fine but not the index. Any actions requiring that button work fine when pressed but the touch sensitivity is almost non existent.

Sorry long post but just wanted to find out if I’m missing something about these issues or should I return the hardware during the return period and try my luck with another. Thanks.

I had the same problem with a launch unit and the right sense not working. I found that launching the game completely with the dual sense only and waiting until you're in the game before turning on the 2 sense controllers worked. I ended up having to send mine in for a replacement though due to a dead pixel in the screen, and the replacement controllers ending up having no problem.

So if you can't tolerate it for long, I'd recommend going the warranty route, or just return it and get a different one

12 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I had the same problem with a launch unit and the right sense not working. I found that launching the game completely with the dual sense only and waiting until you're in the game before turning on the 2 sense controllers worked. I ended up having to send mine in for a replacement though due to a dead pixel in the screen, and the replacement controllers ending up having no problem.

So if you can't tolerate it for long, I'd recommend going the warranty route, or just return it and get a different one

Cheers. Turning on the sense controllers after being in game seems to have fixed most of the issues though for how long /shrug. Thankfully no dead pixels or anything so i guess i can tolerate it for now. Horizon is the only vr game i have atm so I don’t know how it’s going to affect others if at all. I guess time will tell