Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 Trophies Speculation

SaloonBoone

With the brief announcement of the collection at the PlayStation Showcase 2023 following the announcement of the Metal Gear Solid 3 remake. I was curious of your guy’s thoughts on the potential trophy lists. I’d assume MGS2 and MGS3 would be the same as the PS3 MGS HD Collection versions, but this may be the first time we’ll see a trophy list for MGS 1. I’m excited to see what that ends up containing.

• Like 1

I hope the trophy art follows the same style as MGS2, 3, V and Peace Walker. 

Regarding the trophies aside from the story-related ones there could be a speedrun trophy or maybe (though less likely) a Big Boss codename one. Other requirements might include collecting all cardboard boxes, beat a boss without taking a hit or with a limited amount of ammo (e.g. 2 grenades), trying to eat a frozen ration and/or freeze and warm one, getting the thermal goggles early on, beat a certain boss without equipping the thermal goggles. Hopefully there will be a good number of misc trophies and some will have some interesting requirements.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

I'm sure MGS2 and 3 will remain the same but yeah I can imagine for MGS1 they could have a trophy for getting the Big Boss/FOXHOUND rank which would be the biggest hurdle. If not then it will probably be one of the easier lists since you won't have to do Extreme difficulty and there's no VR missions to deal with.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I'm sure MGS2 and 3 will remain the same but yeah I can imagine for MGS1 they could have a trophy for getting the Big Boss/FOXHOUND rank which would be the biggest hurdle. If not then it will probably be one of the easier lists since you won't have to do Extreme difficulty and there's no VR missions to deal with.

Fortunately you can use the bandanna and stealth camo and still get the Big Boss codename, unless this is patched this potential trophy won't be too hard to earn but still challenging though.

Edited by Deceptrox

19 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Fortunately you can use the bandanna and stealth camo and still get the Big Boss codename, unless this is patched this potential trophy won't be too hard to earn but still challenging though.

I didn't know you could do that in which case yeah it probably wouldn't be too bad then as long as you know the best spots to save. I guess I thought it would restrict your rank like it does in MGS4 if you used them.

Otherwise yeah I can't imagine any other kind of trophy they could add in to make it really difficult so it could probably be slightly more difficult than MGS3.

I think it's about time Konami remastered the Metal Gear Solid series. Especially the 1st Game. I've played it several several several times on PS1 and PC way back. I've been thinking about playing it again over the last couple of weeks and plugging in my PS1. But now i Just have to wait. I am a Happy Dude. 

• Like 2

I don't really understand the purpose of this "Collection", if MGS 3 is already having a remake (Delta) and many insiders seem to predict there will also be a proper remake for MGS 1 in the future. So why buying this collection just for MGS 2, with most likely no major improvement since the first MGS remastered collection released on PS3/Xbox 360 that included MGS 2 and 3 ....

I wish they just focused on making remakes for MGS 1,2,3 rather than compiling stuff we already got.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

I don't really understand the purpose of this "Collection", if MGS 3 is already having a remake (Delta) and many insiders seem to predict there will also be a proper remake for MGS 1 in the future. So why buying this collection just for MGS 2, with most likely no major improvement since the first MGS remastered collection released on PS3/Xbox 360 that included MGS 2 and 3 ....

I wish they just focused on making remakes for MGS 1,2,3 rather than compiling stuff we already got.

The purpose from the brief message we got from the development team was to make the series playable on current hardware, so the PS3 isn't the best way to play the series (even though I didn't hate that as I love my ps3). In this way, they can bring some other titles like portable ops and rising (which is rumoured to be in VOL 2) to current hardware

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, squaresoft4ever7 said:

IIRC those aren't the NES games, they are the MSX games that weren't released in the US up until 3 Substance released on PS2.  The NES games that we got were pretty bad(the one where they used Kyle Reece for the game cover) 

I thought the game with kyle Reece on the cover was fun.   Doing a tactical stealth base game in 1987 wasn't' that easy to pull off.  Many people couldn't find their way through the game until nintendo power did a walk through in one of their issues.  For me the rocket launcher you had to pick up off the table to blow up the computer at the end didn't spawn in.  So in that regard it was a big let down.  Unfortunately couldn't just wait for a patch.  Anyway, I look forward to revisiting it and finally finishing it.  

13 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

It's also now rumored that the 1987 and 1990 NES games will be included!

Metal Gear Solid 3 in the PS3 HD Collection let you play Metal Gear 1 and 2. I don’t see why that wouldn’t return, unless they plan on releasing those separately.

15 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

It's also now rumored that the 1987 and 1990 NES games will be included!

As mentioned above, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake were originally released on MSX2, a Japanese home console.

Metal Gear was ported to NES by Konami after the success of the original version but the main difference between both versions is the absence of Metal Gear (the bipedal tank) in the NES version, in its replacement there is a supercomputer.

However we have to thanks the NES port for the entire series because Kojima's/Metal Gear development team (or part of it) and without Kojima's involvement released a non-canonical sequel called Snake's Revenge. After this the people involved in this non-canonical sequel begged Kojima to release a proper sequel to Metal Gear (MSX2) and that's how Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was born. If you played MG2:SS you must have noticed a lot of ideas and part of the plot were reused in Metal Gear Solid, which was originally intended to be called Metal Gear 3.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

If they add a trophy for extreme difficulty for MGS1 that will be a new challenge for me since I only played it on normal when they released the collection for PS2 and it is the MGS game I have the least amount of hours on.

For the ones that played it on that difficult how hard it is compared to MGS2 or MGS3?

• Like 1

If they have separate lists for all games 2 and 3 will mostly likely share the same ones as the HD collection

I could see them combining Metal Gear 1 and 2 into one list though or maybe pair it with Metal Gear Solid 1 since they're pretty short and don't have a lot of depth 

On 5/27/2023 at 2:52 PM, Deceptrox said:

there could be a speedrun trophy or maybe 

Please no, speedrun trophies are awful and I hate when games have them

If speedruns are your thing that's cool but I've never seen the fun of rushing through a game

6 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

I think one list for all games would be best so they could leave out the collectible trophies and the ones that were unobtainable when you played in HD in MGS3..

What was unobtainable? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LorenzoLame said:

Hopefully MG and MG2 will have platinums as well.

Doubtful.  Those games don't really have enough content in them, or different things to do, for a platinum without having an all-gold list or something.  The standard 12 trophies for a non-plat game would be fine here.

As for MGS1, maybe it could have some of the following trophies:

See all of Meryl's workout routines in her cell.

Distract X guards by knocking against walls.

Choke out X guards without killing them.

Find Meryl in the washroom before she can finish changing.

Recover the PAL key from a rat.

Get knocked off of Metal Gear REX during the final fight with Liquid.

Collect all the cardboard boes.

Fast Travel using a cardboard box.

Get crushed by Metal Gear REX.

Unlock the Stealth Camo.

Unlock the Bandana.

Have a boss walk over a Claymore mine.

Be urinated on by a wolf.

Kill a guard with a NIKITA missile.

Have Psycho Mantis compliment your saving habits.

Have Psycho Mantis criticise your saving habits.

Get through the Dock and the Heliport without alerting any enemies.

Survive Ocelot's torture.

Give in to Ocelot's torture.

Save Meryl at the end.

Save Otacon at the end.

Warm up your frozen Rations.

Complete the game without collecting the SOCOM Suppressor.

Place a C4 charge on an enemy's back without alerting him.

Collect both sets of Body Armour.

Complete the 10 VR Missions in Time Attack mode.

Complete the 10 VR Missions in Gun Shooting mode.

Discover evidence that Liquid survived the Hind D battle.

Defeat Sniper Wolf during the Snowfield encounter without using the NIKITA launcher.

Photograph 10 ghosts.

Photograph 25 ghosts.

Take a photograph of the PlayStation in Otacon's lab.

Get rid of a Time Bomb.

Unlock the Demo Theatre.

Witness Johnny Sasaki's...... problems.

Had to double check my MGS1 Strategy Guide (yes, I STILL have one!) but, provided that nothing about the original release of MGS1 gets changed, then all of the above tasks are possible.

• Like 1