Jump to content

Trophy thoughts?


Infected Elite

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Overlord_Haze said:

The European tournament crashed right as it was starting ?

Yep Europe was in shambles ?

Woke up, 7AM , "there shouldn't be that many participants". Connect to a random tournament - Communication Error.

Thiiiiiiiis one will take a while.. Capcom servers can't handle this amount of pressure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Akrioz said:

I low-key hate Capcom now. We all could have slept in EU instead of waking early and waiting for nothing for an hour.

Yeah this is just fucking ridiculous... woke up at 5 am to sign up for it just for it to crash.

Also It would be nice if the US players could stay the fuck away from EU tournaments, ours was filled with US players who probably missed the sign up for their own. People like that just make the experience miserable for EU players who have to wake up at 5 in the morning for a shitty non-working tournament in a video game already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

People like that just make the experience miserable for EU players who have to wake up at 5 in the morning for a shitty non-working tournament in a video game already.

Well, I have played in US yesterday because EU was filled in a minute. Connection was fine(god bless this netcode) and nothing crashed.

 

Have NA tournaments crashed right now too or is it an EU issue?  I wonder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sigrun26 said:

You sign-up at the battle hub counter, you can sign up between 12:00 and 13:00 but they tend to fill up. Once there's 10 minutes until the match it will remind you and tell you to join the right server. Then it just kind of happens if you're registered and in the right server.


Thanks for this, I registered at the earliest moment I could and just waited in the hub for an hour with the tournament screen open to show the countdown timer. When it reached zero my entry was cancelled because I “wasn’t in the battle hub at the time the entry began”. LOL WTF Capcom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NA crashed asap. got error code. booted to main menu and lost my spot.

 

Then managed to get in on asia server. Crashed at the menu showing me vs whomever. So i got an L.

 

Seriously this is fucking bullshit. Just make tournaments 24/7, in 8, 16, 32, ranked or by class whatever. Let the 100 ppl in the god damn fucking lobby decide. Then have it accessible at all times. EVO best use their own bracket system cause Capcoms gonna get Daigo eliminated off a network error probably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What an absolute joke that was, just stayed up waiting for the tournament (I’m in the UK), not thinking I had a shot at winning it but maybe just a round, maybe just a little progress towards the trophy but nope mess disconnect tournament is over at 5am in the morning 

 

oh and guess when the next tournament is a nice reasonable 8pm but I’ll be working and there’s no way I’ll be staying up for another 5am tournament after this 

 

you know what would help them fix these issues quicker having more than two tournaments a day, because I wouldn’t be so bothered about getting kicked from the 5am tournament if there was a 6am and 7am and 8am etc tournament 


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Well, I have played in US yesterday because EU was filled in a minute. Connection was fine(god bless this netcode) and nothing crashed.

 

Have NA tournaments crashed right now too or is it an EU issue?  I wonder.

NA crashed and all 32 spots were gone and everyone had to try to re-enter on the right server. What a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Infected Elite said:

NA crashed asap. got error code. booted to main menu and lost my spot.

 

Then managed to get in on asia server. Crashed at the menu showing me vs whomever. So i got an L.

 

Seriously this is fucking bullshit. Just make tournaments 24/7, in 8, 16, 32, ranked or by class whatever. Let the 100 ppl in the god damn fucking lobby decide. Then have it accessible at all times. EVO best use their own bracket system cause Capcoms gonna get Daigo eliminated off a network error probably. 

Funnily enough those tournaments were running fine in the beta but I guess they managed to fuck it up somehow since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Funnily enough those tournaments were running fine in the beta but I guess they managed to fuck it up somehow since.

in typical fashion really. Betas normally run smooth as butter, then full release its like, they don't expect the volume of it all. Makes no sense, its kind of funny, but at the same time very annoying lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s not really like they could be overwhelmed by players though, the servers have limited capacity and the tournaments have limited entries.

 

I was kicked out because of their ridiculous ‘LOOKING AT THE TOURNAMENT BRACKET IS INSTANT DQ’ rule, not a connection error. I bet that got some other people too, you just wouldn’t expect it to be so unfriendly to users.

Edited by Darwock-UK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woke up at 4am to sign up. Went back to sleep for 50 mins with the console on and immediately disconnected from the tournament when I'm about to play my first match. 

 

The silver lining is I got progress towards entering 5 tournaments. Thank God I won the tournament I entered yesterday and got my wins in there as I don't feel as stressed to get as many as 10 wins now. I can only imagine the anxiety of potentially getting disconnected midway through a tournament and still needing those wins.

 

Hoping Saturday's tournament runs smoothly. 

 

11 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Funnily enough those tournaments were running fine in the beta but I guess they managed to fuck it up somehow since.

 

At first they did but on 2nd day of the open beta, Capcom pulled the tournament feature because of connectivity issues. Looks like tournaments are still not really ready in time for release. 

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darwock-UK said:


Thanks for this, I registered at the earliest moment I could and just waited in the hub for an hour with the tournament screen open to show the countdown timer. When it reached zero my entry was cancelled because I “wasn’t in the battle hub at the time the entry began”. LOL WTF Capcom.

 

If you had the game running in the Battle Hub but you were idling, you will at some point get kicked out for inactivity BUT on your screen you are still in the Battle Hub and can run around etc. But as soon as you then try to do something like access an arcade or get ready for avatar battles, you then get the notification that you've been kicked. So something similar might have happened to you if you just let the game run in Battle Hub mode without you actually actively doing anything in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly they should just make these tournaments occur every 2 hour or so. One hour of sign up then however long that tournament takes + remainder of that hour before the next tournament sign up period begins. As someone from Australia, I literally can't even join any of these given that they all happen either when I'm at work or when it's like 4 am. And the tournaments also keep crashing like people said so even if I woke up at 4 am, I'd 80% prob just eat a communication error anyway. 

 

This trophy being 10 tournament round wins instead of the 10 tournament wins we expected is a blessing, but the way these tournaments is set-up is pretty terrible. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

NA crashed asap. got error code. booted to main menu and lost my spot.

 

Then managed to get in on asia server. Crashed at the menu showing me vs whomever. So i got an L.

 

Seriously this is fucking bullshit. Just make tournaments 24/7, in 8, 16, 32, ranked or by class whatever. Let the 100 ppl in the god damn fucking lobby decide. Then have it accessible at all times. EVO best use their own bracket system cause Capcoms gonna get Daigo eliminated off a network error probably. 

Chill man, I woke up 3am in Asia......a minute before the signed up match start I been kick out by Error.

 

Now kinda sleepy at work place. Nice try, Capcom. ?

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

in typical fashion really. Betas normally run smooth as butter, then full release its like, they don't expect the volume of it all. Makes no sense, its kind of funny, but at the same time very annoying lol

Don't forget, beta not 1M player at the same who bought the game. Maybe that moment their potatoes server manage to handle it. ??

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Heads up. Tournaments are cancelled for the time being.

 

 

Awesome, I hope they able to change the Tournament rules & setting. Same time please return the Custom Tournament for us to hosting ourselves.

 

These 2 days the Tournament lauching really proof the failure of Capcom insist want to lock this mode to hosting by themselves.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...