Trophy thoughts?

Infected Elite

20 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Might be better to enter tournaments with lots of participants actually. More chances to win matches or if people no show you'll still have chances to fight actual players to get some wins.

Yeah that is correct. I was worried about the connectivity issue (people got server errors)....but hey, now that it's confirmed to be an easy trophy, why not :D 

3 minutes ago, victorrfuego said:

The trophy says to win 10 tournaments right? Did Capcom mean to do this or they just messed up or something  ?

I would say get the wins and trophy as early as you can before any patches, though I think it will stay like this

I mean the Nice fans trophy is misleading as well so I doubt it's a bug or unintentional. I think they just translated the trophy descriptions differently.

5 minutes ago, victorrfuego said:

The trophy says to win 10 tournaments right? Did Capcom mean to do this or they just messed up or something

Honestly, looking at the list as a whole it seems like something lost in translation or something. The whole list is basically a participation award. You have to play 100 Hub matches and only win 30.

Yet the tournament progression goes from Join 1 => Join 5 => WIN 10. 

Just now, patrahn said:

Is there a ,,noob“ character which has a good winrate for newer players? So if every ,,round“ counts I want to do this as fast as I can.

Marisa, E.Honda. If you play on modern maybe Manon and Zangief. With Honda you can just headbutt most of the rookies to death. They won't know how to deal with that.

Edited by Akrioz

12 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Who do you play?  I can help you improve, if you want.

I am stubborn, I refuse to switch characters from Cammy because she was my main in SF2 and SF4 (I skipped SF5). I just keep making stupid mistakes, I just need to play more of the game as I have her BNB combos down. I use DI way to much and play too defensively some times. It has been a long time since I took a fighting game seriously, I appreciate the offer for help, but I think I have to figure this one out.

10 minutes ago, patrahn said:

Is there a ,,noob“ character which has a good winrate for newer players? So if every ,,round“ counts I want to do this as fast as I can.

1. Blanka. Blanka ball, Blanka slide, Blanka "how the fuck did he do that from that far" grab.

Learn what he can do from the command list and go Amazon mode on people.

2. JP, you can spam his projectiles to victory. That guy has too many projectiles.

3. Kimberly is the definition of "my opponent will have no idea what I am doing if I don't know what I am doing either"

4. E. Honda. HEADBUTT!

Pretty much these are the good characters on Classic if you want to beat up newbies. On Modern, just pick Luke and anti-air people to death.

I've cleared up every trophy including both DLC lists in Street Fighter 6 with the exception of the tournament based trophies. Let me know if I'm correct when it comes to the tournament mode,

• I'm required to play 10 placeholder matches with a single character which can be done against either the CPU or online opponent's which will assign my chosen character a rank, such as Iron or Gold. I've only played 2 placement matches at the time of posting.

• Once I have my assigned rank with a single character then I'll be able to participate in online tournaments providing I'm available to enter them. My question is if I place a low rank with a character I've no desire to play, can I enter future tournaments with ANY character or does it have to be with a character who has a rank assigned to them?

• From what I've read above, your only required to win 10 matches as opposed to winning 10 tournaments which makes this trophy far more achievable.  

1 minute ago, LancashireLad87 said:

I've cleared up every trophy including both DLC lists in Street Fighter 6 with the exception of the tournament based trophies. Let me know if I'm correct when it comes to the tournament mode,

• I'm required to play 10 placeholder matches with a single character which can be done against either the CPU or online opponent's which will assign my chosen character a rank, such as Iron or Gold. I've only played 2 placement matches at the time of posting.

Yes, you need 10 placeholder matches in order for a rank to be assigned to you

• Once I have my assigned rank with a single character then I'll be able to participate in online tournaments providing I'm available to enter them. My question is if I place a low rank with a character I've no desire to play, can I enter future tournaments with ANY character or does it have to be with a character who has a rank assigned to them?

You need to have a character with a rank assigned.

- if you have a rank with Ken, you can participate

- if you never played as Dee Jay, you can't join until you played those 10 placeholders with him

This might be subject to change with the future tournaments, this is only the info we got with the current tournament. Maybe more casual "everyone is welcome" tournaments will appear later down the road

• From what I've read above, your only required to win 10 matches as opposed to winning 10 tournaments which makes this trophy far more achievable.  

Yep. win 10 matches is all you need

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

- if you never played as Dee Jay, you can't join until you played those 10 placeholders with him

This might be subject to change with the future tournaments, this is only the info we got with the current tournament. Maybe more casual "everyone is welcome" tournaments will appear later down the road

So what your saying is If I want to make this trophy easier on myself I should lose my remaining placeholder matches so I'm assigned a lower rank then I should be so I can enter a tournament with Bronze/Iron/Silver ranks so I can get the W :) 

Edited by LancashireLad87

Just now, LancashireLad87 said:

So what your saying is If I want to make this trophy easier on myself I should lose my remaining placeholder matches so I'm assigned a lower rank then I should be so I can enter a tournament with Bronze/Iron/Silver ranks so I can get the W :) 

Morally questionable but super effective nonetheless ?

In one word: YES!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

The first two placement matches are against the lvl 5 AI Luke, after that you play the remaining 8 matches against actual real players.

Right before you entered your placement matches the game asked you what’s your skill in fighting games and gave you 4 options from beginner to like expert. What option you chose determines your rank for the most part regardless of your result in placement matches. 
If you chose the highest option even if you lose all your placements you’re still gonna place at least Gold and if you chose the lowest one you can’t place higher than bronze, maybe low silver.

So yeah, for the sake of the trophy I guess as low as you get the better.

You most likely would have to complete all 10 placement matches again if you wanna enter a tournament with a different character.

Few questions 

Can you change regions to play in more tournaments? 

How long do they run for? With the current schedule I’ll be potentially be in work during tonight’s and the weekend events 

Is anyone else praying this isn’t a glitch that’ll be fixed by the next tournament?

Just now, iFraaN97 said:

The first two placement matches are against the lvl 5 AI Luke, after that you play the remaining 8 matches against actual real players.

Right before you entered your placement matches the game asked you what’s your skill in fighting games and gave you 4 options from beginner to like expert. What option you chose determines your rank for the most part regardless of your result in placement matches. 
If you chose the highest option even if you lose all your placements you’re still gonna place at least Gold and if you chose the lowest one you can’t place higher than bronze, maybe low silver.

So yeah, for the sake of the trophy I guess as low as you get the better.

You most likely would have to complete all 10 placement matches again if you wanna enter a tournament with a different character.

Yes I remember that, I believe I chose the lowest option, I beat CPU level 5 Luke he was a pushover in comparison to fighting level 8 CPU Ryu in the Demo. Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll complete my matches when I get home against low ranked players then I'll be all set for the tournaments!

2 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I mean the Nice fans trophy is misleading as well so I doubt it's a bug or unintentional. I think they just translated the trophy descriptions differently.

This is not the 1st time Capcom trophy description misleading......way back in SF4 era do have similar same issue ?

1 hour ago, Siriodorione said:

So if I'm Gold rank with a character, I can't participate with that character in lower Rank tournaments right?

You are able tp participate lower rank league tournament, for achieve the trophy & bully those newbie as a fact. ?

1 hour ago, Thomas2400 said:

Few questions 

Can you change regions to play in more tournaments? 

How long do they run for? With the current schedule I’ll be potentially be in work during tonight’s and the weekend events 

Is anyone else praying this isn’t a glitch that’ll be fixed by the next tournament?

I think provided the connection is able to allow you to win or participate a full match b4 disconnected or error occur, logically yes, you are able to sign up and participate other region tournament. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

If you sign up or viewing the tournament info before, you should notice a sorting feature. From there I believe in future there should have other difference kind tournament no matter is for pro or rookie to attend.

Maybe there are Avatar Tournament in the plan. ?

And we still yet to know this coming Sunday Phrase 0 Tournament requirement. Let hope it will we easy for everyone to attend. ?

1 hour ago, I_Kaoji_I said:

Can now the turnament trophy be boosted? Or its random Fights 

On page 5 it says it's random unless you use multiple consoles and multiple accounts. But 10 matches (not 10 full tournaments) might be enough for the Trophy.

5 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Honestly, looking at the list as a whole it seems like something lost in translation or something. The whole list is basically a participation award. You have to play 100 Hub matches and only win 30.

Yet the tournament progression goes from Join 1 => Join 5 => WIN 10. 

Marisa, E.Honda. If you play on modern maybe Manon and Zangief. With Honda you can just headbutt most of the rookies to death. They won't know how to deal with that.

I cannot do the Headbutt consistentely what do I wrong on classic? Yellow arrow means hold it a second and white arrow is an instant button push? Can you give me a tip so that I can get the right ,,feeling“? I have this also in the Trial mode, sometimes it works and sometimes not and I can’t figure out why.

7 hours ago, Angelicc_Wolf said:

Just a heads up for everyone it looks like all you have to do is win ten matches as the person who beat me had there progress go to 20% for winning two fights.

Thanks for the share. So, it's one of the trophies that probably mistranslated and/or misinformed information.