Anyone else hoping this is just a spin-off series before getting back to Cole's storyline?

FatSuit

We've seen it before with Battlefield's Bad Company series, Assassin's Creed's Brotherhood/Revelations games, and God of War's CoO/GoS.

Could there be a real inFamous 3 being in concept mode while we're being sated by a couple of Second Son games?

Second Son takes place in 2016, seven years after the events in New Marais, and the death of hero Conduit Cole MacGrath. In the events after Cole's death, the Department of Unified Protection is formed to hunt down and capture the remaining Conduits, now dubbed "Bio-terrorists," by any means necessary.[2]

Depends on what Sucker Punch's view of how Infamous 2 ended.  By the word of Wiki (yes, this is my source), the setting for Second Son follows:

Edited by Starrk_01
  • Like 2

Cole died? What!?!?

You have played Infamous 2, right?

Depends on what Sucker Punch's view of how Infamous 2 ended.  By the word of Wiki (yes, this is my source), the setting for Second Son follows:

"Second Son takes place in 2016, seven years after the [/size]events in New Marais, and the death of hero Conduit, [/size]Cole MacGrath. In the events after Cole's death, the Department of Unified Protection is formed to hunt down and capture the remaining Conduits, now dubbed "Bio-terrorists," by any means necessary"[/size]

So, in this statement,

Cole is dead;

therefore, no real Infamous 3...[/size]

You may want to put spoilers there pal

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

I'm banking on the fact that cole has to show up at some point in this series. cole has to age and become kessler. the man who traveled back in time, if Cole truly  dies in infamous 2 then that version of him never existed and the story doesn't fit together. 

doesnt cole survive if you pick the bad ending?

The bad endings are not canonical.

If you picked the bad ending you don't deserve another game! Naughty Boy! ;)

I'm banking on the fact that cole has to show up at some point in this series. cole has to age and become kessler. the man who traveled back in time, if Cole truly  dies in infamous 2 then that version of him never existed and the story doesn't fit together.

no, the future events of Infamous 1 are altered by Coles actions, hence leading to the second and third game as a tangencial corollary of his 'present' (pre-future) actions. So it would have been that he would become kessler, but for the actions of kessler, (hence evil future him), thus spinning out of the loop due to Coles realisation of the existence of the loop.

• Like 1

I love Cole! im really tired of sucker punch changing the character though. inFamous 2 originally had a totally different guy in that before the angry fanbase wanted Cole back. But this time i guess they slipped by with Delsin. But yea im hoping they continue Cole's amazing story!!!

The bad endings are not canonical.

If you picked the bad ending you don't deserve another game! Naughty Boy! ;)

no, the future events of Infamous 1 are altered by Coles actions, hence leading to the second and third game as a tangencial corollary of his 'present' (pre-future) actions. So it would have been that he would become kessler, but for the actions of kessler, (hence evil future him), thus spinning out of the loop due to Coles realisation of the existence of the loop.

wibbly_wobbly_timey_wimey_by_carthoris-d

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see Cole come back for the next game. I have a feeling though that InFamous Second Son was intended to be a franchise reboot, rather than a segway until InFamous 3. I'd love it if an actual InFamous 3 came out though.

Not that it has anything to do with this topic but, Asassin's creed Brotherhood/Revelations isn't a spin-off, It's a direct sequel to Ass creed 2. Liberations is in fact a spin-off

To clarify on that: Brotherhood and Revelations are not sequels as far as the franchise goes. For that it would need a number next to the title denoting the next installment of the franchise as a whole. You are correct that Brotherhood and Revelations are continuations of the character story told in AC2. But they aren't actual franchise sequels. The correct order of franchise specific sequels are as follows:

Assassin's Creed
Assassins Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed 4

Stuff like Brotherhood, Revelations are filler installments/entries. You are correct when you stated that Liberation and anything else outside of these are spin-offs, though.