I wish Left 4 Dead would come to PS3

Boots_12345

The PlayStation 3 version was scrapped because it was too difficult to port the game to the system, blame the consoles infrastructure for being terrible.

in the future, maybe L4D 3 will be multiplatform since Valve now loves Sony

It was originally intended to be a multi-platform game. Oh, and Valve have always been neutral on both consoles, they don't love or hate either of the systems.

The PlayStation 3 version was scrapped because it was too difficult to port the game to the system, blame the consoles infrastructure for being terrible.

It was originally intended to be a multi-platform game. Oh, and Valve have always been neutral on both consoles, they don't love or hate either of the systems.

Gabe Newell talked all sorts of shit about the PS3 when it was first released, I believe he called it "a total disaster." I believe he changed his tune a little after the slow launch and sales started picking up though. 

Parker

Gabe Newell talked all sorts of shit about the PS3 when it was first released, I believe he called it "a total disaster." I believe he changed his tune a little after the slow launch and sales started picking up though. 

Parker

Valve are not a single entity, Gabe does not speak for Valve every time he opens his mouth, he was asked about the PS3 during an interview and gave his impressions. He was talking about the architecture as well, it had nothing to do with the sales of the system.

They also released The Orange Box on PS3, and that game came out shortly after he said all that stuff, if Valve hated the PS3 surely they wouldn't have even bothered making a PS3 version of the game? Every Valve developed console game has been released on both consoles, Left 4 Dead was developed by Turtle Rock Studios, Valve merely published it and had some creative input.

Valve are not a single entity, Gabe does not speak for Valve every time he opens his mouth, he was asked about the PS3 during an interview and gave his impressions. He was talking about the architecture as well, it had nothing to do with the sales of the system.

They also released The Orange Box on PS3, and that game came out shortly after he said all that stuff, if Valve hated the PS3 surely they wouldn't have even bothered making a PS3 version of the game? Every Valve developed console game has been released on both consoles, Left 4 Dead was developed by Turtle Rock Studios, Valve merely published it and had some creative input.

And just like Play Demos, i wait for MS to buy them out.

If I recall correctly, Valve had nothing to do with the PS3 version of The Orange Box. Valve produced the 360 and PC versions of The Orange Box while EA handled the PS3 version. I may be mistaken though, but I recall conversations about it when the game first released. 

Parker

• 1 month later...