GameSpy servers going offline May 31

DarkStar83x

All of GameSpy multiplayer servers will be going down permanently on May 31, 2014. Here's a list of all games and whether they are or aren't impacted:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/231000-gamespy-services-will-ending-may-31st-2014-assistance-needed.html

News on it:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/03/gamespy-servers-shutting-down-on-may-31/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/gamespy-multiplayer-shutting-down-hundreds-of-games-at-risk

A number of developers and publishers, such as Activision, are working on alternate plans to keep their games from going offline, so not all of these will be. Either way, I have a few of these games, so I better get cracking! Don't think R* will allow their games to go offline. Sources told IGN it's not going to happen, but R* hasn't publicly commented yet. Still, doubt Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV will go down.

Edited by DarkStar83x

Such garbage.  I hate this kind of shit so much.  Are they trying to prevent sales of games with MP forever for me at least.  This is the problem with this past gen and onward.  There will be absolutely no support or chance to go back and play certain games.  Ever. 

/rant

EDIT:  Rockstar games won't be affected which was my primary concern anyway.  Regardless, still garbage. 

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 1

As for Mortal Kombat, I'm really glad I got the Online done for that game. I guess the next game I should platinum is Hot pursuit

I still need to Download the game, and get a PSN card for those damn 2 DLC Packs....I Can't believe i'm gonna waste $30 on a game I paid $5 for.

Well I guess we have 58 Days Until the Servers Die. I'm just glad I only need to finish 1 game that's on that list.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Great. Now I have no other choice but to play Borderlands. =__=

There would be only ONE unobtainable anyway.  It's the viral one.  Just play the game with someone else who has it and BAM. Trophy.  

However, I've heard the game is much more fun with other people (and easier) so it's such a shame that these companies are willing to let this go down.

ugh ... fuck my life!!

i just bought battlefield 1942, and ive been putting off gta4 and fear 2 for ages!! 

luckily i never loaded NFS : shift to my xmb or id be pissed ... anywhoodles, ive been looking for someone in NA to boost xp for me in fear 2 (im willing to pay)

• Like 1

There would be only ONE unobtainable anyway.  It's the viral one.  Just play the game with someone else who has it and BAM. Trophy.  

However, I've heard the game is much more fun with other people (and easier) so it's such a shame that these companies are willing to let this go down.

You mean the "And They"ll Tell Two Friends" trophy? lol Luckily I already had it from someone a year ago. That just leaves the arena trophies.