Unobtainable Platinum Alert

The servers for FEAR 2 are scheduled to go down on May 31, 2014 along with others that are currently hosted under the Gamespy name. There are some other articles and sources too, but I'm too lazy to post them. If anybody wants to join up to do some of the multiplayer trophies before the servers go down it would be appreciated.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/gamespy-multiplayer-shutting-down-hundreds-of-games-at-risk

List of games (some are missing): http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/projects/2010-titles/

• 2 weeks later...

its so annoying that they do that they should do like a survey thing or something that asks if people want the servers still up and if more people say yes keep it up and if more people say no take it down jesus call of duty servers have not been getting shit down that I am aware of

Meh.  I haven't been able to obtain the RDR MP trophies because every time I logged in the darn thing was impossibly bugged, to the point where most of the time I couldn't see other characters or even shoot a gun.  I say this is a game that I won't be ever be able to platinum.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Meh.  I haven't been able to obtain the RDR MP trophies because every time I logged in the darn thing was impossibly bugged, to the point where most of the time I couldn't see other characters or even shoot a gun.  I say this is a game that I won't be ever be able to platinum.

Man RDR could have been legendary MP status if it wasn't so impossibly bugged. It's got some great design ideas but it was just constantly acting up. When it did decide to work, there was true brilliance there but that was rare. 

Has anybody heard anything about Dante's Inferno? Are the trials still online or did they shut it down?

@Floorkiller74

I need several online trophies apart from xp ones. So, we can hook up.

Is it 100% positive FEAR 2 servers are going down? Strangely, I have some doubts about it.

When you launch the game, does it say "Powered by gamespy"? If so, they're going down.

• Like 1

Does it seem to me or servers are still up after 31st May?!

really that's odd, but I don't think fear was mentioned in the gamespy list. Good luck to all that's going for this platinum, I have it and it's a pain in the arse. I fell asleep each time but eased te boredom thanks to a bitta music lol

EDIT: i can confirm that the servers are still alive and kicking just loaded the game up, loaded up a blitz match and i had no trouble getting into a server. although the game is completely dead (as usual) 

Edited by EternalChaos72

RDR & GTA 4 MULTIPLAYER ISNT GOING DOWN. GTA 4 LEADERBOARDS ARE ONLY THING THAT HAS GONE.

According to this article, the leaderboards won't go down until June 10th. Gives plenty of time for those who are grinding Wanted

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203102767-Effect-of-GameSpy-Closure-on-Past-Rockstar-Titles

• 4 months later...

Just signed up to comment but...GOD DAMN!!! :angry: I've had FEAR 2 hidden away for years, but I did play the multiplayer when I first got it. Only just found out the servers to FEAR 2 were shut down earlier this year. I just completed the story a couple of hours ago and was going to go online...

What a kick in the balls! I was hoping to get platinum in it. I wished I'd carried on playing multiplayer all those years ago now. Now it feels like playing the story was a waste of time only to find this out...

I guess that's what you get for sticking a game away and not playing it for years. Oh well, will have to just try and forget about it...

Edited by shaunsheep677

• 1 month later...