Major bug - unable to save?

I got the game the other day and played it for an hour or two. Everything went great and I really enjoyed it.

Booted it up two days ago, progressed further (finished the bit with Randy) and went to save it but the "save game" and "load game" options were greyed out. I thought this might have something to do with the autosave so I left it. Turned it off, did other things.

Came back to it today. It didn't autosave. I'm back to where I left off on the first day. Fine. These things happen. Probably just a one off thing right? Wrong. Played it some more, went to save it and it won't let me.

This is seriously shit. I was going to reinstall the game but there's no game data utility there for me to uninstall first.

Anybody else encounter this issue? Any solutions?

Have you changed the difficulty during your playsession? The game disables the autosave when the difficulty is changed and will be enabled again when changed back. The save feature is also affected by this if I remember correctly.

I haven't heard about anything else that might disable the save feature.

I had changed it to casual the second time so I could get through the repeated sections quickly. I read that if you reset the default settings it would become available again but it didn't.

Still strange for that to be an issue. How can you play on easy / hard if it doesn't let you save once you change the difficulty?

• 2 months later...