Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

If you need help countings points, then I have enough time for that. I'm waiting for Ni No Kuni to download and install and that will take atleast 1 hour if not more.

You have but to ask. ;)

Also, it's probably much easier to go out from your timezone. It can makes things unfair when half of the world is longer in a fixture and the other half starts earlier.

I'm going to do some time zone converts to see at what time around the world the fixture will start. I know for me, the Netherlands, GMT+1, WITH DST it's 1 AM.

Okay, If I'm not wrong, when it's 12 am in the UK, it is: 

4 PM in California

6 PM in Texas

7 PM in New York

^^ that's all the day before that ofcourse.

It is the next day for:

8 AM in Japan

9 AM In Australia

I could be wrong though. Not sure.

Edited by MrCostari

Not sure how that system works. I got 39 trophies, 8 uncommon and 3 rare and you only say I made 39 PTs.

The trophies you've earned after 14th April don't count for this first match :)

you've got 22 common, 6 uncommon and 1 rare between 10th and 14th april..

For example you've earned 2 rare trophies on 15th April, and they don't count for this match, but for the next one

The trophies you've earned after 14th April don't count for this first match :)

you've got 22 common, 6 uncommon and 1 rare between 10th and 14th april..

For example you've earned 2 rare trophies on 15th April, and they don't count for this match, but for the next one

Ummm, my trophy log shows everything up until the last 3 Mass Effect 2 trophies as being on the 14th, with the last Jak 2 trophy(#2,163) at 11:44:24pm.  Are we sure this site isn't switching the date/timestamp based on the location of the person reading the log?

Edit:

Because if that's the case either Precision is going to need to do a bunch of timestamp lookups to make sure the data is real or we'll all have to start at the same actual time instead of midnight out own times.

Edited by Hemiak

Ummm, my trophy log shows everything up until the last 3 Mass Effect 2 trophies as being on the 14th, with the last Jak 2 trophy(#2,163) at 11:44:24pm.  Are we sure this site isn't switching the date/timestamp based on the location of the person reading the log?

Edit:

Because if that's the case either Precision is going to need to do a bunch of timestamp lookups to make sure the data is real or we'll all have to start at the same actual time instead of midnight out own times.

Yes that is the case, for example your Jak 2 trophy for me was at 5:44 am on the 15th. I just mentioned this to precision recently so we'll have to find a way of sorting it out.

We'll have to wait and see what he comes up with, he's verifying the scores at the moment. 

Either way it isn't a huge issue as people still get the same amount of time, only some have it shifted slightly. :)

Edit:

Yes that is the case, for example your Jak 2 trophy for me was at 5:44 am on the 15th. I just mentioned this to precision recently so we'll have to find a way of sorting it out.

We'll have to wait and see what he comes up with, he's verifying the scores at the moment. 

Either way it isn't a huge issue as people still get the same amount of time, only some have it shifted slightly. :)

The timestamps on the trophy log are the ones from the person who's viewing it. They are based on your timezone. So my trophy log will look different for people from different timezones. When I check you logs it will look different to me too. 

But what we should do is go out from UK time, GMT 0. When Precision checks our logs he has the right times. Check my post on the 14th page for a few time zones I converted. The fixtures for USA players start earlier, on the previous day. While players from the other side, Japan and Australia etc, are having their fixtures starting the next day. 

Going out from everyone's local time zones would make things way too confusing, Precision needs to convert every single particpant's times when he's checking their trophy log, that means he also needs to know their timezone. Also, it can be unfair, half of the players have their fixture starting earlier and for the other half it ends later. 

It's too confusing and would require too much when checking for fixture results. 

I honestly can't believe anyone hasn't suggested this before. It's the only logical way IMO.

• Like 1

Edit:

Yes you're right... I see your trophies like you've earned in GMT+1 (my timezone) country but if i log out, they immediately switch to GMT.

:hmm: if all is wrong, nothing is wrong.. I mean, this influences each player and your trophies will be counted for the next round.

However, i see that sometime this could determinate a loss instead of a victory

The timestamps on the trophy log are the ones from the person who's viewing it. They are based on your timezone. So my trophy log will look different for people from different timezones. When I check you logs it will look different to me too. 

But what we should do is go out from UK time, GMT 0. When Precision checks our logs he has the right times. Check my post on the 14th page for a few time zones I converted. The fixtures for USA players start earlier, on the previous day. While players from the other side, Japan and Australia etc, are having their fixtures starting the next day. 

Going out from everyone's local time zones would make things way too confusing, Precision needs to convert every single particpant's times when he's checking their trophy log, that means he also needs to know their timezone. Also, it can be unfair, half of the players have their fixture starting earlier and for the other half it ends later. 

It's too confusing and would require too much when checking for fixture results. 

I honestly can't believe anyone hasn't suggested this before. It's the only logical way IMO.

This seems like the most logical way to me as well.

And the least work heavy when it comes to counting all the scores at the end. :D

This seems like the most logical way to me as well.

And the least work heavy when it comes to counting all the scores at the end. :D

We need to decide quickly though. Some of us were basing our results on current timezones...and while I wouldn't mind having a few trophies shifted due to time differential, my opponent might.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Actually going by GMT+00 can be seen as unfair in itself if you consider what that means for some people's actual starting and finishing times as well as overall playtime, the easiest solution would be to get each person's timezone and upon them getting their first trophy they post it here and then at midnight of the last day for them they post their final sync'd trophy. It still has a bit of legwork but it keeps everything overall fair and it does disperse the actual time checking and marking scores but that is just my opinion.

Although unsure if feasible but couldn't you just also get each participant's timezone and then when checking the stated timezone switch your own timezone just for verification on here?

I know both sound troublesome but these are just suggestions from someone waiting on that waiting list.

Actually going by GMT+00 can be seen as unfair in itself if you consider what that means for some people's actual starting and finishing times as well as overall playtime, the easiest solution would be to get each person's timezone and upon them getting their first trophy they post it here and then at midnight of the last day for them they post their final sync'd trophy. It still has a bit of legwork but it keeps everything overall fair and it does disperse the actual time checking and marking scores but that is just my opinion.

Although unsure if feasible but couldn't you just also get each participant's timezone and then when checking the stated timezone switch your own timezone just for verification on here?

I know both sound troublesome but these are just suggestions from someone waiting on that waiting list.

I was going to suggest that. And I know my trophy count from fixture 1. My first trophy for the fixture was #1,115, and my last was #1,163. It spanned 3 games: GoW 3, MLB 11, Arkham Asylum

And I am GMT - 5.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

That's the complete opposite of easy. It doesn't make any sense and makes things only more complicated than they need to be. Plus, people can easily cheat that way.

Edited by MrCostari

Wait, how does local timezones make it unfair?

It would provide equal playtime for each party involved just means starting and finishing is different for each person nothing more as it doesn't affect total playtime and the spread out times can also be less taxing as it won't be check all scores at once but spread out over roughly a two day timeframe, I noticed this little flaw if you will about a day or two ago checking a friend's trophy list but it wasn't hard figuring out the actual time they earned it.

Besides if you're using GMT+00 you'd need to actually pick a time that provides a fair playing field for everyone.

That's the complete opposite of easy. It doesn't make any sense and makes things only more complicated than they need to be. Plus, people can easily cheat that way.

How can someone cheat if they provide a set timezone and a first trophy, they'd be stuck with as it'd cement a set timeframe?

Also changing your own timezone on here to do a quick verification isn't that hard and again it was just a suggestion.

• Like 1

I think we are all overthinking this timezone thing, IMO. Everyone knows it is their current timezone. Everyone also would use the honors system, at least one would hope. This is a fun tournament, nothing more. To cheat would mean you are taking it way too seriously.

With that said, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what you got. You know when you played during the fixture set and what trophies you got during that period. If it turns out Precision figures it wrong, go to him and let him know.

The easiest thing is just to know how your Timezone compares to GMT.  That way Precision (the only one really doing any work) doesn't have to do anything extra.  Everybody gets the same amount of play time, you just have to realize that your time might start/end at a (seemingly) strange time. 

For example: For me and everybody else in Texas, our first fixture actually began at 7pm on April 9th. 

But basically, as long as we make a decision and it's consistent it'll all work out.

Edited by Hemiak

The easiest thing is just to know how your Timezone compares to GMT.  That way Precision (the only one really doing any work) doesn't have to do anything extra.  Everybody gets the same amount of play time, you just have to realize that your time might start/end at a (seemingly) strange time. 

For example: For me and everybody else in Texas, our first fixture actually began at 7pm on April 9th. 

But basically, as long as we make a decision and it's consistent it'll all work out.

Unless you live in El Paso, then the timezone isn't the same. They are Mountain time out there.