Trophy Hunters League - TEAM LEAGUE SPECIAL WINNERS: ApriIis + Gaz + Shotty + Steve

Season 41  

28 members have voted

1. 1. League restructuring (see post with season 41 information)

• I would like to see the leagues be redivided based on the Team League scores
    • I don't want this to happen and want the leagues to stay exactly the same
  2. 2. Golden Games picks

• I liked the Golden Games that were chosen during the Team League season
    • I like the concept of Golden Games, but don't like the games that were chosen during the Team League season (please elaborate)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons
  3. 3. Golden Games value

• I think Golden Games should be worth less (x1,5 multiplier)
    • I think the Golden Games multiplier of x2 is just right
    • I think the Golden Games should be worth more (x3 multiplier)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons

This looks like it could be fun, only problem is the same problem that every trophy league has(for me at least), it's only based on the number of trophies you earn, instead of rarity of a trophy. So it's more about can get the easiest trophies the quickest, instead of about skill. If there's ever a variation with points based on trophy rarity, I'll be all in, but I'll skip for now. I hope you guys have fun though, and good luck everyone!

This looks like it could be fun, only problem is the same problem that every trophy league has(for me at least), it's only based on the number of trophies you earn, instead of rarity of a trophy. So it's more about can get the easiest trophies the quickest, instead of about skill. 

I agree that that would be nice, but it would be too much effort I reckon, especially for 1 person. 

If anyone drops a Hannah Montana bomb they're banned for life. :)

Instead of tracking each individual trophy type and giving them your pt values for each person you could always just track profile points for each person, then you'd only have to track two values and do one simple subtraction per person. Just a thought.

Edited by Hemiak

Count me in, I'm up for some motivation to get more trophies. One suggestion is if a match is like really close like 3-5 points or less, the losing player could get a point for playing a close match.

It's a good suggestion, however a win is a win, a loss is a loss, but for player a close game, the players score difference will be better! :)

Ok, i've decided upon points per trophy to a more realistic proportion. So the point system will be as follows:

• Bronze 1 pt
  • Silver 3 pts
  • gold 6 pts
  • platinum 10 pts

I understand that some games may be advantageous to play because of this and for this reason these figures are not set in stone. If you think these should be edited then have your say! i am willing to edit these figures if the majority believe it is out of proportion. I also have a second option that is based purely on research of rough ratios between the 4 differing trophies. These points would look like this:

• Bronze 1 pt
  • Silver 3 pts
  • Gold 9 pts
  • Platinum 18 pts

So yeah, let me know which you prefer, or if you have any further suggestions, i can take a look at those too and ultimately decide, before the season will start, which score system to use. Remember these figures are just for calculating results and will only effect Score difference between players. A win will still score 3 pts, a draw, 1 pt and 0 for a loss

It's a good suggestion, however a win is a win, a loss is a loss, but for player a close game, the players score difference will be better! :)

Ok, i've decided upon points per trophy to a more realistic proportion. So the point system will be as follows:

• Bronze 1 pt
  • Silver 3 pts
  • gold 6 pts
  • platinum 10 pts

I understand that some games may be advantageous to play because of this and for this reason these figures are not set in stone. If you think these should be edited then have your say! i am willing to edit these figures if the majority believe it is out of proportion. I also have a second option that is based purely on research of rough ratios between the 4 differing trophies. These points would look like this:

• Bronze 1 pt
  • Silver 3 pts
  • Gold 9 pts
  • Platinum 18 pts

So yeah, let me know which you prefer, or if you have any further suggestions, i can take a look at those too and ultimately decide, before the season will start, which score system to use. Remember these figures are just for calculating results and will only effect Score difference between players. A win will still score 3 pts, a draw, 1 pt and 0 for a loss

I have a suggestion. Instead of distributing points based on the type of trophy, like Bronze, Silver, etc, you could give points based on rarity. For example, you could make Common trophies worth 1 point, Uncommon 3, Rare 9, Very Rare 18, and Ultra Rare 36, or however you want to do it to make it balanced.

Otherwise, people will just be playing the easiest games to get the most trophies, and that's not really a test of skill, it's a test of how much money you have and how quickly you can obtain the easiest plats. As well as a test of who has the easiest plats already. Since anyone with the easiest plats already won't have any chance of going against those that don't.

I mean, someone could take the 150+ hours to plat an Ultra Rare game like Tales of Symphonia and that would only count as 109 points, but someone could do a common plat like Sound Shapes and get 123 points, then auto-pop the plat another 5 times by just buying the game from every region, and then get a total of 738 points for only 5-10 hours of work. Then after Sound Shapes, someone could come in and get the Hannah Montana plat in another 3-4 hours for another 108 points, bringing their total up to 846 points for just 8-14 hours of work. That requires little skill, and could easily be done within one or two days, yet someone could end up winning the league from playing easy games like this. Someone could have a battle(or whatever you'll call it) coming up, and decide to auto-pop a Sound Shapes plat, and then they'll have those automatic points, plus whatever points they'll get from actually playing games. And to balance it so that everyone doesn't bum-rush games like Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories that have a lot of Very Rare trophies just because it isn't very popular, you could base the scores on the rarity of the game once the league/tournament/battle is over. You could also outlaw auto-popped trophies or the games altogether, but people would still just be bum-rushing easy games like Hannah Montana, UP, or the three games in the Sly Cooper Collection.

Just a disclaimer because I know I can come off as a jerk or a troll sometimes. I'm not trying to rain on the parade or anything like that, I'm honestly just trying to help improve the league. Mainly because I'd love to see a trophy competition that caters to skill instead of who gets the easiest trophies the fastest, because that's what every trophy competition I've ever seen has been, just a bum-rush to the easiest plats, and that legitimately saddens me. I want to see something different, but I don't have the time to run it myself.

• Like 3

I have a suggestion. Instead of distributing points based on the type of trophy, like Bronze, Silver, etc, you could give points based on rarity. For example, you could make Common trophies worth 1 point, Uncommon 3, Rare 9, Very Rare 18, and Ultra Rare 36, or however you want to do it to make it balanced.

Otherwise, people will just be playing the easiest games to get the most trophies, and that's not really a test of skill, it's a test of how much money you have and how quickly you can obtain the easiest plats. As well as a test of who has the easiest plats already. Since anyone with the easiest plats already won't have any chance of going against those that don't.

I mean, someone could take the 150+ hours to plat an Ultra Rare game like Tales of Symphonia and that would only count as 109 points, but someone could do a common plat like Sound Shapes and get 123 points, then auto-pop the plat another 5 times by just buying the game from every region, and then get a total of 738 points for only 5-10 hours of work. Then after Sound Shapes, someone could come in and get the Hannah Montana plat in another 3-4 hours for another 108 points, bringing their total up to 846 points for just 8-14 hours of work. That requires little skill, and could easily be done within one or two days, yet someone could end up winning the league from playing easy games like this. Someone could have a battle(or whatever you'll call it) coming up, and decide to auto-pop a Sound Shapes plat, and then they'll have those automatic points, plus whatever points they'll get from actually playing games. And to balance it so that everyone doesn't bum-rush games like Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories that have a lot of Very Rare trophies just because it isn't very popular, you could base the scores on the rarity of the game once the league/tournament/battle is over. You could also outlaw auto-popped trophies or the games altogether, but people would still just be bum-rushing easy games like Hannah Montana, UP, or the three games in the Sly Cooper Collection.

Just a disclaimer because I know I can come off as a jerk or a troll sometimes. I'm not trying to rain on the parade or anything like that, I'm honestly just trying to help improve the league. Mainly because I'd love to see a trophy competition that caters to skill instead of who gets the easiest trophies the fastest, because that's what every trophy competition I've ever seen has been, just a bum-rush to the easiest plats, and that legitimately saddens me. I want to see something different, but I don't have the time to run it myself.

I understand completely where you are coming from on this and as with all things in life, gaming, society, there is a flaw in every system, but the main issues with doing it through trophy rarity is:

• Time/workload
  • profile updates
  • cross-saving

Time/workload - for it to be done on rarity, i will have to go through 32 profiles every 5 days, then try and find all the trophies from every game they have played over that 5-day period, then i must split that up into each relevant sector and then designate the points to each individual player. Whilst also producing regular tables, aswell as fixtures for each league. On top of that i then have to find suitable time to game myself aswell as doing my other day to to things.

Profile updates - Truth be told, and im sure Sly knows it, if i simply update someone's profile, you can bet your ass that they will have a trophy on thier system that the site hasn't updated yet. This could easily become the difference between a loss for the player or a win. Equally they could have earned a trophy at 12:05 on the early morning of the day after the fixture has ended which i might count unless i then sit back again and scroll through all 32 profiles to double check, making issue 1 and even bigger problem.

Cross-saving - its always going to be an issue, we al know this, but if its an issue earning trophies then its an issue earning points for trophy rarity. like with sound shapes, its still a heck load of points whether its based on points per trophy or points per trophy rarity if you like.

The reason im doing it as trophies earned is because its quick and easy for me to wait until 12 hours after the fixture has finished, check somebodys trophy graph and work out their points, cancelling out problem 1 and 2 as its all recorded there with overall trophies earned between that 5 day period, its a simple subtraction without having to record any data myself. As for issue 3, i can always announce a rule that unless a game is sat through and completed properly, the trophies will not be counted. Yes it will make my job slightly longer, but only by a few clicks and it goes a long way towards making the league more fair. Yes there will always be flaws in things and yes you are definitely onto something good with the rarity idea. It's not that it isn't something i would like to do, but i would want a team of admin, to make the job less taxing on myself and i fell it would deserve a much more integrated point system. 

RE-POSTED DUE TO NEW PAGE

• Bronze 1 pt
  • Silver 3 pts
  • gold 6 pts
  • platinum 10 pts

• Bronze 1 pt
  • Silver 3 pts
  • Gold 9 pts
  • Platinum 18 pts

I understand completely where you are coming from on this and as with all things in life, gaming, society, there is a flaw in every system, but the main issues with doing it through trophy rarity is:

• Time/workload
  • profile updates
  • cross-saving

Time/workload - for it to be done on rarity, i will have to go through 32 profiles every 5 days, then try and find all the trophies from every game they have played over that 5-day period, then i must split that up into each relevant sector and then designate the points to each individual player. Whilst also producing regular tables, aswell as fixtures for each league. On top of that i then have to find suitable time to game myself aswell as doing my other day to to things.

Profile updates - Truth be told, and im sure Sly knows it, if i simply update someone's profile, you can bet your ass that they will have a trophy on thier system that the site hasn't updated yet. This could easily become the difference between a loss for the player or a win. Equally they could have earned a trophy at 12:05 on the early morning of the day after the fixture has ended which i might count unless i then sit back again and scroll through all 32 profiles to double check, making issue 1 and even bigger problem.

Cross-saving - its always going to be an issue, we al know this, but if its an issue earning trophies then its an issue earning points for trophy rarity. like with sound shapes, its still a heck load of points whether its based on points per trophy or points per trophy rarity if you like.

The reason im doing it as trophies earned is because its quick and easy for me to wait until 12 hours after the fixture has finished, check somebodys trophy graph and work out their points, cancelling out problem 1 and 2 as its all recorded there with overall trophies earned between that 5 day period, its a simple subtraction without having to record any data myself. As for issue 3, i can always announce a rule that unless a game is sat through and completed properly, the trophies will not be counted. Yes it will make my job slightly longer, but only by a few clicks and it goes a long way towards making the league more fair. Yes there will always be flaws in things and yes you are definitely onto something good with the rarity idea. It's not that it isn't something i would like to do, but i would want a team of admin, to make the job less taxing on myself and i fell it would deserve a much more integrated point system. 

I totally understand not wanting to do it alone, that's why I haven't done it, lol.

For profile updates, people can manually update their profiles, so if they don't update their profile on time and they end up losing because of it, then that should be on them. I don't think you should feel responsible for that.

As for cross-saving, that's true that it will always be a bit of an issue, but it would be considerably less of an issue with a rarity system. Just to see what it would be like, I used the points I mentioned in my last post, and I figured up that all 6 Sound Shapes plats would only be worth a total of 296 points. I also figured up Tales of Symphonia, and it would get you 818 points for the plat. So while it wouldn't be a cakewalk to beat that 296 points, it would be possible, and whoever did the auto-popping would only be able to do so that one week. Which likely wouldn't help them all that much in the long run.

Well, if you ever do want to get a team together, I'd be happy to help. Just like me know if ever decide to do it.

Anyway, back on topic, lol.

I like your second point system. It rewards people more for getting those harder to get trophies. I'd also like to be added to the list, since you still need people. It'd be a shame if this didn't happen because not enough people signed up, it sounds like it'll be interesting.

Well, if you ever do want to get a team together, I'd be happy to help. Just like me know if ever decide to do it.

My ps3 is pretty dead, so i can help you too  :shakefist:

About a rarity sistem: just notice that checking the Trophy Log-->Rarity make all the counting faster.

What if the scoring system was like:

Bronze 1pt

Silver 3pts

Gold 7pts

Platinum 15pts

By having the values like that 1 silver ends up giving a better score than 2 bronze. It gives players more of a reward for going for the gold and platinum trophies.

Scoring system for the rarity of trophies could over-complicate things, there would be too many values for each type of trophy I think. For example:

An uncommon gold could be

7(gold) x 2(uncommon) = 14

But an ultra rare silver

3(silver) x 5(ultra rare) = 15

A common platinum would be

15(platinum) x 1(common) = 15

It could work, but maybe too time consuming and complicated I think

I know players could buy the easy games just for the trophies but thats up to them, eventually they will run out of easy games to play and struggle later into the season.

Could you not start it when you have 24 players and just have 3 divisions and maybe add a 4th if there is enough players or if you do it a second time?

Also to me it makes most sense just to use the official values for each trophy. 

i.e. Bronze = 15, Silver = 30, Gold = 90 and Platinum = 180

Obviously you could turn that into Bronze = 1.5 etc or even scale it down to bronze = 1, silver = 2, gold = 6 and platinum = 12.

• Like 1

1. Precision-playy

MeroTheMagician

nexus_x2007

silverstag88

Krazy_99

zajac9999

Hemiak

omar280792

shadowhood1111

STFUxDxD

twaanie

MrCostari

theshywaterguy

XShadowYazukaX

RachP13

Grindcore12391

ExHaseo

DJ-Silver

Mendant909

AdmiralClassy

We have enough for 2 leagues now =) still seems to be filling up nicely only 12 more :)

Edited by Precision-Playy