Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 - Sign up now!

@X18JELLO18X You definitely won our match. Didn't really have the time to earn enough points and decided to spend the time I did have on some other stuff instead :P. Congrats on the win and nice job on the plats! At least this makes our league more interesting ;). Looking forward to seeing the result of your and @ApriIis match!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jemmie said:

Good match, @ShogunCroCop. I saw you trying to catch up towards the end. Hopefully, our rematch will be a little closer.

I'm not used to being on top. Every fixture, I feel like I'm going to be sniped on the last day. Luckily, I haven't run into any delay syncers yet.

Good match, too. You buried me on that first day and it was all uphill. I had better games lined up for this fixture. I knew Fixture 4 was going to be brutal if I got you then. That's why I wanted to wait for this fixture, but the RNG had other plans.

At least I get to save those games for the rematch now. I hope to be more competitive then. I can at least hang my hat on the fact that after 4 fixtures, I am the only one in Silver League to earn a plat.

Also, congratulations to @microsamm for eclipsing 1,000 trophies. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Standings and stats are updated.

Manganese League continues to be uber-competitive. @ApriIis knocked @Lucas out of first, but anyone in the Top 3 can pull this off. We also have a new leader in Silver League. Congrats @jemmie. Silver League also got it's first plat in the books.

Another fun fact: due to our semi-competitive fixture (and @me3lingual putting in a little bit of work), the Silver League now makes up for over 5% of the overall points earned for what I believe is the first (and may be the only) time this season. This shows that we're only a semi-dead league. :giggle:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Hi everyone, this seems way too much fun not to join! I would love to be put on the waiting list for next season if that's possible.

Consider yourself on the waiting list.

And we do have fun.

15 hours ago, jemmie said:

Another fun fact: due to our semi-competitive fixture (and @me3lingual putting in a little bit of work), the Silver League now makes up for over 5% of the overall points earned for what I believe is the first (and may be the only) time this season. This shows that we're only a semi-dead league. :giggle:

It is very likely you or I could do this season what @Psy-Tychist did last season: not score a lot of points, and still find a way to win our respective league. 

Also, go back through previous seasons. I am not totally sure what it its about Silver League, but from the time I have been here, Silver League always seems to be the dead one. There have been exceptions I'm sure, but I am willing to bet the historical data bears that out.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Consider yourself on the waiting list.

And we do have fun.

It is very likely you or I could do this season what @Psy-Tychist did last season: not score a lot of points, and still find a way to win our respective league. 

Also, go back through previous seasons. I am not totally sure what it its about Silver League, but from the time I have been here, Silver League always seems to be the dead one. There have been exceptions I'm sure, but I am willing to bet the historical data bears that out.

I'm not saying this is true for this season in particular, but I feel like oftentimes, when people join the THL, it's usually because they have a lot of time/ammo that particular season. So Bronze League (or in this case, Manganese League) is usually popping. There will be fresh newbies almost every season keeping the bottom leagues fresh. Then, the upper leagues, especially the Platinum League, usually consist of THL veterans who really don't want to quit/get relegated at the expense of climbing the seasonal ladder all over again.

If you put those two things into perspective, the Silver League is the strange purgatory between eager beginners and fierce veterans. The ones who got promoted are less likely to have as good of a season since they probably went overboard to earn their promotion spot, and the ones who were already in silver league were probably in this situation in an earlier season and never recovered but decided to stick around anyway for the fun of it. I don't want to generalize every Silver League across THL history. This is just my perspective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jemmie said:

I'm not saying this is true for this season in particular, but I feel like oftentimes, when people join the THL, it's usually because they have a lot of time/ammo that particular season. So Bronze League (or in this case, Manganese League) is usually popping. There will be fresh newbies almost every season keeping the bottom leagues fresh. Then, the upper leagues, especially the Platinum League, usually consist of THL veterans who really don't want to quit/get relegated at the expense of climbing the seasonal ladder all over again.

If you put those two things into perspective, the Silver League is the strange purgatory between eager beginners and fierce veterans. The ones who got promoted are less likely to have as good of a season since they probably went overboard to earn their promotion spot, and the ones who were already in silver league were probably in this situation in an earlier season and never recovered but decided to stick around anyway for the fun of it. I don't want to generalize every Silver League across THL history. This is just my perspective.

I looked at CWC winners (not counting S24 since it only had two leagues) and it seems to support your theory:

3 platinum

9 gold

3 silver

9 bronze

I was kind of surprised to see that it was gold, not platinum, that had the most success among the upper divisions. Maybe it could be explained by platinum typically being more of a battle, so that by the time CWC starts they have less ammo left for a given season.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

I looked at CWC winners (not counting S24 since it only had two leagues) and it seems to support your theory:

3 platinum

9 gold

3 silver

9 bronze

I was kind of surprised to see that it was gold, not platinum, that had the most success among the upper divisions. Maybe it could be explained by platinum typically being more of a battle, so that by the time CWC starts they have less ammo left for a given season.

I think that's part of it, but the way I see it, Gold League is a fight to get into Platinum, and Platinum League is a fight not to be relegated back to Gold. With that logic, there are probably more people aiming to win in Gold. I've only been in Platinum League for one season though (and I knew I was retiring at the end of that season from the beginning), so I can't confirm this first-hand.

• Like 1

I must agree. Gold and Bronze (and in this case also Manganese) are also the most exciting leagues to be in simply because they are the most rewarding. Bronze is your first time competing and therefore you want to perform well to be promoted. Gold is when you finally get the chance to get promotion to the highest league possible. Even though I never really scored high scores in the league to begin with :lol:, I was less motivated to score high during the season when I was in the Platinum League than in other seasons. The last two(?) seasons I just barely scored at all but still hung around in the Silver League :P.

On 04/06/2020 at 8:40 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

Just a note for the following players: @HcG Clawz, @Talic007, @DEMONICRUBLE18 and @Precision-Playyy.

One trophy needs to be earned which counts in the next fixture otherwise you will be classed as inactive for the season and be possibly removed at the end of the season.

Just checking if all is ok :)

Alright, everything is fine just incredibly busy with work lately. 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I must agree. Gold and Bronze (and in this case also Manganese) are also the most exciting leagues to be in simply because they are the most rewarding. Bronze is your first time competing and therefore you want to perform well to be promoted. Gold is when you finally get the chance to get promotion to the highest league possible. Even though I never really scored high scores in the league to begin with :lol:, I was less motivated to score high during the season when I was in the Platinum League than in other seasons. The last two(?) seasons I just barely scored at all but still hung around in the Silver League :P.

I agree with all of the sentiments on this. Gold is the highest league I have ever made, but my goal is to get to Platinum. I still have never made a CWC. And I was looking good for that this season until @jemmie gave me that beatdown :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I agree with all of the sentiments on this. Gold is the highest league I have ever made, but my goal is to get to Platinum. I still have never made a CWC. And I was looking good for that this season until @jemmie gave me that beatdown :P 

I for one have never made a CWC either. I've come close several times, but those rotten delay syncers always ruin my chances. :shakefist: It'll probably be a long time before I get another season this promising, so you'll have your work cut out for you to reclaim your spot. :giggle:

• Like 2