Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

On 05/06/2020 at 0:07 AM, jemmie said:

I for one have never made a CWC either. I've come close several times, but those rotten delay syncers always ruin my chances. :shakefist: It'll probably be a long time before I get another season this promising, so you'll have your work cut out for you to reclaim your spot. :giggle:

3 times I've made it into the CWC and I've got to the last 2 twice in those I've competed. I've been in Platinum for about 7 seasons and I agree that there is a lot of chopping and changing to get in and stay in. I'm always gonna fight when I can though.

• Like 1

So now we start the flipside of our schedule. The rematches....here they are for Fixture 6:

Platinum League

Redbeard-Rik v microsamm

Psy-Tychist v GTA_Darren

stupid0089 v VASORAT13

Gold League

OmegaFenron v shadowhood1111

HCG Clawz v Andrea9281

Wavergray v theshywaterguy

Silver League

Omar v Precision-Playyy

ShogunCrop v Talic007

jemmie v me3lingual

Bronze League

Arctic Cress v DEMONICRUBLE18

freddie1989 v BraveNoobWorld

Sptj7 v Boooda

Manganese League

Aprilis v Wdjat Prinny Doods

kingofbattle8174 v X18JELLO18X

Lucas v FallacyUnknown

Fixture 6 began 7 minutes ago. Good luck!

• Like 3

Good match @shadowhood1111! I've never seen a strategy quite like that before, bouncing between that many games and picking off short trophies in each, and it definitely kept me on my toes. Was not planning to use this many platinums this early but I didn't want to take a risk...hopefully it paid off.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

Good match @shadowhood1111! I've never seen a strategy quite like that before, bouncing between that many games and picking off short trophies in each, and it definitely kept me on my toes. Was not planning to use this many platinums this early but I didn't want to take a risk...hopefully it paid off.

xD I was surprised how many fighting games have some easy "Very rare" trophies and spammed Blazblue among other games. Once I saw you hit those platinums I knew I'd probably lost. Either way I'm glad I earned so many trophies so quickly. You really made me want to win. I will say I found a hidden Gem with Azure Knights 2. Lots of cute anime girls and sexual tension. That's my kind of game.

• Like 2

Good rematch @X18JELLO18X, ended up playing Thursday morning straight through to Friday night just to catch up. Really hope it was all worth it in the end now. Unfortunately we may have to wait an extra day or two to find out so @ShogunCroCop and his helpers have enough time to tally @Andrea9281 and @shadowhood1111 scores alone...?

Edited by ApriIis
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ApriIis said:

Good rematch @X18JELLO18X, ended up playing Thursday morning straight through to Friday night just to catch up. Really hope it was all worth it in the end now. Unfortunately we may have to wait an extra day or two to find out so @ShogunCroCop and his helpers have enough time to tally @Andrea9281 and @shadowhood1111 scores alone...1f632.png

Yeah I have saved them for the end...all scores from Silver through Manganese have been posted...I am verifying Gold scores, and waiting on verification for Platinum scores...so hopefully scores will be posted today. But I have Tylenol on standby for this Andrea vs shadowhood count.

6 hours ago, ApriIis said:

Good rematch @X18JELLO18X, ended up playing Thursday morning straight through to Friday night just to catch up. Really hope it was all worth it in the end now. Unfortunately we may have to wait an extra day or two to find out so @ShogunCroCop and his helpers have enough time to tally @Andrea9281 and @shadowhood1111 scores alone...1f632.png

Thanks, you put up a beastly score too

• Like 3

On 6/3/2020 at 7:02 PM, jemmie said:

Another fun fact: due to our semi-competitive fixture (and @me3lingual putting in a little bit of work), the Silver League now makes up for over 5% of the overall points earned for what I believe is the first (and may be the only) time this season. This shows that we're only a semi-dead league. :giggle:

I am honestly not trying to do well. I am trying to get back to my home in the Bronze League. As the king of Bronze League, it is time I end my foreign relations tour and compete on home soil once again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, me3lingual said:

I am honestly not trying to do well. I am trying to get back to my home in the Bronze League. As the king of Bronze League, it is time I end my foreign relations tour and compete on home soil once again.

I was expecting some sort of declaration of war when I saw you quoted me. Well, either way, I have stuff prepped in case you change your mind. With both of the relegation spots taken by two inactives, it may be a while before you reclaim your throne.

I like how the bronze league this time around is a perfect staircase, with everyone in succession having one more loss than the previous person - the one extra loss being the person right in front of them.

Hopefully I can break that thread on the rematches. Not much to do in this fixture though, since my opponent is inactive.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, jemmie said:

I was expecting some sort of declaration of war when I saw you quoted me. Well, either way, I have stuff prepped in case you change your mind. With both of the relegation spots taken by two inactives, it may be a while before you reclaim your throne.

I'll give you a declaration of war. Based on the 4 points you pulled in last time, I see you're saving up for me again. Next time, whenever that is, I won't be denied. I am also saving up for you.

I have a very particular set of trophies waiting. Trophies I have lined up over a very long grind. Trophies that will make me a nightmare for you. If you let up now that'll be the end of it. I will not prep for you, I will not try to take first place from you, but if you don't, I will prep for you, I will take first place from you, and I will defeat you. 

• Like 2

Its great to see this is still going on, I took part in the THL about 6 years ago (one of the veterans ?) I have recently returned to this forum and started posting again, and I'm really tempted to rejoin this if there is any spaces...? There's a few names I recognise still here....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Krazy_99 said:

Its great to see this is still going on, I took part in the THL about 6 years ago (one of the veterans 1f602.png) I have recently returned to this forum and started posting again, and I'm really tempted to rejoin this if there is any spaces...? There's a few names I recognise still here....

We are in the middle of Season 26, but I can add you to the waiting list for Season 27.

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I'll give you a declaration of war. Based on the 4 points you pulled in last time, I see you're saving up for me again. Next time, whenever that is, I won't be denied. I am also saving up for you.

I have a very particular set of trophies waiting. Trophies I have lined up over a very long grind. Trophies that will make me a nightmare for you. If you let up now that'll be the end of it. I will not prep for you, I will not try to take first place from you, but if you don't, I will prep for you, I will take first place from you, and I will defeat you. 

I can't remember the last time someone challenged me directly. You're not making much sense though. You won't try to beat me only if I let you pass me? That gave me a good laugh.

Let me give you some advice. There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness (a line that I've crossed many times). It sounds like you have the advantage here, but we'll find out whether that's true soon enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

nice, together with a THL veteran in the manganese league next season  ;)

giphy.gif

Haha you'll be alright, just because I'm a veteran doesn't mean I did well lol. Think I took part in the first 4 seasons then retired due to personal reasons

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 11:10 AM, jemmie said:

I can't remember the last time someone challenged me directly. You're not making much sense though. You won't try to beat me only if I let you pass me? That gave me a good laugh.

Let me give you some advice. There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness (a line that I've crossed many times). It sounds like you have the advantage here, but we'll find out whether that's true soon enough.

Yeah, I was trying to take Liam Neeson's quote from Taken and have it fit trophy hunting, lol. it didn't work out perfect.

I was more trying to be funny than confident or cocky. But, I am trying to ramp up for our next matchup. that part is true. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Yeah, I was trying to take Liam Neeson's quote from Taken and have it fit trophy hunting, lol. it didn't work out perfect.

I was more trying to be funny than confident or cocky. But, I am trying to ramp up for our next matchup. that part is true. 

You just know that the next match with be against @jemmie now.

@microsamm good job on our match, next time I won't be as distracted ;)

• Like 2