Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

1 hour ago, AmarisSkye said:

Can someone explain rule #4 a bit better for me? I don't want to end up playing games that won't count for the league once it starts.

Pick a game, go to the 100% Club tab for that game, in the fastest achiever section scroll down to 50th place, if 50th place is under 6 hours then the game does not count.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wavergray said:

Pick a game, go to the 100% Club tab for that game, in the fastest achiever section scroll down to 50th place, if 50th place is under 6 hours then the game does not count.

Thank you! That was how I interpreted it but I wanted to be sure. I appreciate the clarification!

8 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

Can someone explain rule #4 a bit better for me? I don't want to end up playing games that won't count for the league once it starts.

Basically, if you go to a Game page and check out the list of all who got 100%, if you check the column on the right, which is fastest achievers, if the 50th entry has it completed in less than 6 hours, the game does not count.

If it is a newer game and does not yet have a 50th fast achiever, it counts.

I really don’t know why cross-save is mentioned because most cross-save games are over 6 hours anyway (PUBG, Destiny, Fortnite, etc).

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Basically, if you go to a Game page and check out the list of all who got 100%, if you check the column on the right, which is fastest achievers, if the 50th entry has it completed in less than 6 hours, the game does not count.

If it is a newer game and does not yet have a 50th fast achiever, it counts.

I really don’t know why cross-save is mentioned because most cross-save games are over 6 hours anyway (PUBG, Destiny, Fortnite, etc).

I hope this helps.

It's referring to games that had cross saves where you could autopop the trophies

• Like 3

So if we get one more sign up, we can have 7 participants per league. 

Now that might cause a slight issue with scheduling, because 12 fixtures (facing everyone else in your league twice) might be too much.

But as always, I want to give you all options, because I want the best experience for all of you. So here are some ideas I am proposing for scheduling:

1) We extend the season to 12 fixtures so everyone in a league can face each other twice.

2) We do 6 fixtures, facing off once, with 4 breaks in between, so it'd be the same length as 10 fixtures.

3) We do an unbalanced schedule, meaning 6 fixtures facing off once, and only facing 4 a second time.

4) We do 10 fixtures, 6 against the participants in your league once, and the other 4 against one member of the other 4 leagues, based on placement. So in other words, if after the first 6 fixtures, you're 4th in Plat League, your remaining 4 fixtures will be vs 4th place in Gold, Silver, Bronze, Manganese.

5) None of the above..different option..pose it in a reply.

12 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Now that might cause a slight issue with scheduling, because 12 fixtures (facing everyone else in your league twice) might be too much.

But as always, I want to give you all options, because I want the best experience for all of you. So here are some ideas I am proposing for scheduling:

1) We extend the season to 12 fixtures so everyone in a league can face each other twice.

2) We do 6 fixtures, facing off once, with 4 breaks in between, so it'd be the same length as 10 fixtures.

3) We do an unbalanced schedule, meaning 6 fixtures facing off once, and only facing 4 a second time.

4) We do 10 fixtures, 6 against the participants in your league once, and the other 4 against one member of the other 4 leagues, based on placement. So in other words, if after the first 6 fixtures, you're 4th in Plat League, your remaining 4 fixtures will be vs 4th place in Gold, Silver, Bronze, Manganese.

How would number 4 work when it comes to CWC? Because it feels like this would shake things up a lot. 
I do like the sound of number 4, but i'm not 100% on how things would look. 

Edited by Wavergray

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

If we have 35 players: 1) is the best option

If we have 34 players we could split P:6 / G:6 / S:6 / B:6 and M:10 players
Manganese League starts at Fixture 2 with everyone face each other once.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, microsamm said:

I agree with this ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wavergray said:

How would number 4 work when it comes to CWC? Because it feels like this would shake things up a lot. 
I do like the sound of number 4, but i'm not 100% on how things would look. 

CWC wouldn't change. But yes, this option could shake things up a lot. A team in first that was able to roll through their league might not be so lucky vs the other first placers.

1 hour ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

I vote extend to 12 fixtures.

We can do that. Just remember, it'll actually be 13 fixtures. If there are 7 in each league, because of the odd number, someone would always have a bye. That extra bye adds a 13th fixture.

46 minutes ago, microsamm said:

I guess we could have 10 in Manganese. That option for 34 players (which we currently have), would work. 

Regardless of what we do, there will be some nuances in any option except option 1. So if we don't go with option 1, I just need to make sure everyone is ok with the nuances.

Maybe for right now, we do microsamm's idea, since we are at 34 players. If we get to 35, we do option 1, and just add fixtures.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

I third @microsamm‘s idea. It makes sense to have manganese league be larger since it has mostly new players in it anyways. 

With that said, maybe an extra pro/rel slot should be made available to Manganese to avoid stagnation. I can imagine 2 promotion spots out of 10 being somewhat harsh.

Idea 1: 2 regular spots and 1 conditional spot - whoever scored the most points per match (3rd place in Manganese vs. 4th in Bronze).

Idea 2: Same as 1, but decided by a playoff run during the same window as the CWC. Could be as simple as Manganese3 vs Bronze4, or something more elaborate.

Edited by BraveNoobWorld
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BraveNoobWorld said:

I third @microsamm‘s idea. It makes sense to have manganese league be larger since it has mostly new players in it anyways. 

With that said, maybe an extra pro/rel slot should be made available to Manganese to avoid stagnation. I can imagine 2 promotion spots out of 10 being somewhat harsh.

Idea 1: 2 regular spots and 1 conditional spot - whoever scored the most points per match (3rd place in Manganese vs. 4th in Bronze).

Idea 2: Same as 1, but decided by a playoff run during the same window as the CWC. Could be as simple as Manganese3 vs Bronze4, or something more elaborate.

I like. Yeah we definitely should not have 2 out of 10 in Manganese.

3 hours ago, BraveNoobWorld said:

To argue against myself, how many retirements/purges are typical in a season? If 2-3 people are dropping or being cut every season, you can keep the status quo and 4-5 people would still be promoted from Manganese.

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty accurate. I personally think the current amount of promotion/relegation spots are fine as is with this in mind.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Been eyeing this thread for a while. Very much on the fence as to partake or not.

I am constantly hunting, would just need to modify my target games a little bit to contend here.

Please sign me up if possible. :)

You are in.

18 hours ago, Boooda said:

How I imagine @ShogunCroCop the past 24hrs

I vote for Kanye...oops I mean I vote for option 1 I suppose. 

Kanye is a good vote.

Yeah work has kept me busy...I am back now though. I have to shuffle some more things around for season 27 participants. Right now we are at 35, so 7 per league, so 12 fixtures this time..

Here is what we currently have for season 27:

Platinum League

Redbeard-Rik

microsamm

Psy-Tychist

VASORAT13

Wavergray

shadowhood1111

Gold League

GTA_Darren

stupid0089

theshywaterguy

jemmie

ShogunCroCop

me3lingual

Silver League

OmegaFenron

HCG Clawz

Omar

BraveNoobWorld

Arctic Cress

Boooda

Bronze League

Sptj7

Aprilis

Lucas

X18JELLO18X

FallacyUnknown

Wdjat Prinny Doods

Manganese League

freddie1989

kingofbattle8174

Flex_da_Brent

Krazy_99

AmarisSkye

Kent10201

AffectatiousDonk
Tearraven

ZachTheProdigy-

Sylvie

blu3st4rdust305

I am trying to stay respectful of the promotions and relegations. Since we have so many new people, my initial thought process is to tack the remaining 5 to the end of Manganese, and we just do 6,6,6,6,11. Plat - Silver play opponents twice for 10 fixtures, Manganese plays opponents once for 10 fixtures.

So the leagues will be unbalanced a bit, but promotions and relegations will shake out evenly for next season.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

I'd say go with 11 in manga league and 6 in the others. 

Done.

Standings and statistics for Season 27 are in place.

Here are the fixture lists, courtesy of @microsamm:

Fixture 1:   July 10-13
Fixture 2:   July 14-17
Fixture 3:   July 18-21
Fixture 4:   July 22-25
Fixture 5:   July 26-29
Fixture 6:   July 30-Aug 2
Fixture 7:   Aug 3-6
Fixture 8:   Aug 7-10
Fixture 9:   Aug 11-14
Fixture 10: Aug 15-18
CWC:         Aug 20-23

@Lucas, if you could change the thread title to say Season 27 - Begins Friday! then sing ups are closed, and anyone else will be put on the waiting list. Then can you update the OP with the fixture list above, as well as updating the Participant List to this:

Redbeard-Rik

microsamm

Psy-Tychist

VASORAT13

Wavergray

shadowhood1111

GTA_Darren

stupid0089

theshywaterguy

jemmie

ShogunCroCop

me3lingual

OmegaFenron

HCG Clawz

Omar

BraveNoobWorld

Arctic Cress

Boooda

Sptj7

Aprilis

Lucas

X18JELLO18X

FallacyUnknown

Wdjat Prinny Doods

freddie1989

kingofbattle8174

Flex_da_Brent

Krazy_99

AmarisSkye

Kent10201

AffectatiousDonk
Tearraven

ZachTheProdigy-

Sylvie

blu3st4rdust305

Matchups for Fixture 1 will be determined tomorrow.

• Like 2