Trophy Hunters League - TEAM LEAGUE SPECIAL WINNERS: ApriIis + Gaz + Shotty + Steve

Season 41  

28 members have voted

1. 1. League restructuring (see post with season 41 information)

• I would like to see the leagues be redivided based on the Team League scores
    • I don't want this to happen and want the leagues to stay exactly the same
  2. 2. Golden Games picks

• I liked the Golden Games that were chosen during the Team League season
    • I like the concept of Golden Games, but don't like the games that were chosen during the Team League season (please elaborate)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons
  3. 3. Golden Games value

• I think Golden Games should be worth less (x1,5 multiplier)
    • I think the Golden Games multiplier of x2 is just right
    • I think the Golden Games should be worth more (x3 multiplier)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons

you can indeed just check the trophy log. Then you don't have to go trought every game they played in the last view days

My ps3 is pretty dead, so i can help you too  :shakefist:

About a rarity sistem: just notice that checking the Trophy Log-->Rarity make all the counting faster.

Yes but as i said, i would still have to check all the games they have been playing to be sure when they got those trophies and also updating a profile doesn't always give you and up to date adjustment and so would make life very difficult

Could you not start it when you have 24 players and just have 3 divisions and maybe add a 4th if there is enough players or if you do it a second time?

Also to me it makes most sense just to use the official values for each trophy. 

i.e. Bronze = 15, Silver = 30, Gold = 90 and Platinum = 180

Obviously you could turn that into Bronze = 1.5 etc or even scale it down to bronze = 1, silver = 2, gold = 6 and platinum = 12.

yeah it had crossed my mind, but wouldn't you agree a silver should be worth at least 3 bronzes?

yeah it had crossed my mind, but wouldn't you agree a silver should be worth at least 3 bronzes?

Not necessarily, a lot of games have very easy silvers (sound shapes being a prime example) and some games have tough bronzes. Obviously bronzes are typically easier to obtain but I wouldn't say they are 3 times as easy. 

Yes but as i said, i would still have to check all the games they have been playing to be sure when they got those trophies and also updating a profile doesn't always give you and up to date adjustment and so would make life very difficult

Nope, you can check the data as well from the trophy-log

https://psnprofiles.com/Precision-Playy/log

Then show only the rarity you wanna count:

0 ultra rare in the last 4 days

1 very rare in the last 4 days

4 rare in the last 4 days

25 uncommon in the last 4 days

11 common in the last 4 days

It took me less than 5 minutes  B)

• Like 2

When we do start how would you determine who starts in what league? Would it go by trophy count? Level/percentage? Or just random?

I figured the guys with higher levels have been working hard for it for a long time, so i think they deserve right to the higher leagues. It will all work itself out after a few seasons anyhow :)

I'd like to join this tournament as well to see just how competitive trophy hunting can be.

By the way Precision, in the OP you said the bottom 2 would be relegated, what do you mean by that?

It means that if you finish the season in the bottom 2, you will be dropped down a league for the next season, with the exception of the bottom league. The only way you'll be taken out completely is if you are deemed too inactive, scoring minimal points every fixture :) 

Nope, you can check the data as well from the trophy-log

https://psnprofiles.com/Precision-Playy/log

Then show only the rarity you wanna count:

0 ultra rare in the last 4 days

1 very rare in the last 4 days

4 rare in the last 4 days

25 uncommon in the last 4 days

11 common in the last 4 days

It took me less than 5 minutes  B)

This is a very good point, with you and exHaseo plus maybe a couple more, it could be something ill look to set up a rare hunter league provided this goes well for a season or 2 

Not necessarily, a lot of games have very easy silvers (sound shapes being a prime example) and some games have tough bronzes. Obviously bronzes are typically easier to obtain but I wouldn't say they are 3 times as easy. 

Its a good point, but if you look at alot of peoples trophies, the ratios for the most part are roughly silver/bronze 3:1 gold/silver 3:1 Plat/gold 2.5:1 obviously it varies from gamer to gamer, and also game to game,but thats why i put it up for debate, i want a system everyone is at least content with  :rolleyes:

Could you not start it when you have 24 players and just have 3 divisions and maybe add a 4th if there is enough players or if you do it a second time?

Also to me it makes most sense just to use the official values for each trophy. 

i.e. Bronze = 15, Silver = 30, Gold = 90 and Platinum = 180

Obviously you could turn that into Bronze = 1.5 etc or even scale it down to bronze = 1, silver = 2, gold = 6 and platinum = 12.

I agree with this. There's already values to calculate trophy level so this makes the most sense to use. 

I'm not changing anything either, I play the way I see fit, there will be times in which I'll get a lot of trophies and times in which I'll be dealing with grindy stuff and I'll earn fewer (or none). Also, when graduation exams start, I'll literally disappear for a couple of weeks, so I take this as funny competition, this can be really enjoyable :)

I would hope nobody really changes the way they play for this, what's the point? I certainly have no intention of playing games I don't enjoy just because they have easy trophies to get. At the moment I have a few long games, rpg's, etc to play so trophies will be pretty slow. But on the other hand I'm off work for two weeks for the Easter holidays so plenty time to get them. :D

I figured the guys with higher levels have been working hard for it for a long time, so i think they deserve right to the higher leagues. It will all work itself out after a few seasons anyhow :)

Completely agree with this, its the fairest way to start things off.

I hope we do get enough players for 4 divisions but could we start with 3 if sign-ups slow down? Once we reach 32 players we can always create a division 4, 40 players division 5 etc.

I also wouldn't start playing games for easy trophies just for this competition, whats the point? If a game doesnt interest me I wont play it, its simple as that.

Edited by Krazy_99

If there is room, I am down for this.

I won't change my gaming style, but right now am running through my backlog, which includes games I haven't played yet, games I am in the middle of, and games that I just need to do a clean up of, for trophies.

So my trophy production will fluctuate greatly, between that, and work, etc.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

1. Precision-playy

MeroTheMagician

nexus_x2007

silverstag88

Krazy_99

zajac9999

Hemiak

omar280792

shadowhood1111

STFUxDxD

twaanie

MrCostari

theshywaterguy

XShadowYazukaX

RachP13

Grindcore12391

ExHaseo

DJ-Silver

Mendant909

AdmiralClassy

ShogunCroCop

dragnierkira

HcG-_Clawz

Vacio_Luna

HcG-_Terror

GarciaFever

xZoneHunter

Diddle666

THCBudz

We have enough for 3 leagues now =) just 3 more people, 1 more league and we can get going! 

Edited by Precision-Playy

What if the scoring system was like:

Bronze 1pt

Silver 3pts

Gold 7pts

Platinum 15pts

By having the values like that 1 silver ends up giving a better score than 2 bronze. It gives players more of a reward for going for the gold and platinum trophies.

Scoring system for the rarity of trophies could over-complicate things, there would be too many values for each type of trophy I think. For example:

An uncommon gold could be

7(gold) x 2(uncommon) = 14

But an ultra rare silver

3(silver) x 5(ultra rare) = 15

A common platinum would be

15(platinum) x 1(common) = 15

It could work, but maybe too time consuming and complicated I think

I know players could buy the easy games just for the trophies but thats up to them, eventually they will run out of easy games to play and struggle later into the season.

Just to clarify, the idea wasn't to have individual points for each type of trophy, but points based solely on rarity no matter what kind of trophy it is. For example, a common bronze would be worth 1 point and a common plat would be worth 1 point. No difference, because they're both common.

It's good to see so many people signing up. We've almost got a full 32. o_o

I'm getting kind of excited to see how I do. I won't be changing my habits either. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up FFX before the league starts, or else I'll be handing out free wins for the first week or two, haha.

Great :) just 6 more needed, just so you all know, once all 32 spots are filled, i will be posting rules to try to try and minimize cross-system and cross-version platinums and easy "score Boosting" if you like. I have come up with some rules which will help minimize this and ultimately, make the league more fun for everyone. These rules will be posted no less than 12 hours before the league is due to start, so you all have a chance to check them and make sure you are happy with them, sort of like a last minute opt out time period, i will also be clarifying the point system that will be used, give a season fixture forecast and announce the leagues to which you have been assigned to.

And for anybody that cares, i too, will not be changing the way i play, im backlogging at the moment and thats how its staying until im done :P

Also, if everyone is happy with this, if there are only 28 players in by tomorrow midnight (GMT) i am more than happy to wrap it up as 4 leagues of 7 rather than 8, despite the fact that i think 8 is perfect, is this something that you lot would like? or are you happy to wait for it to fill ?

Edited by Precision-Playy
  • Like 1

This seems like fun! Sign me up.

Also if you want a more detailed point system wich includes the rarity of the trophy you could always implement the scores that truetrophies gives. They already have a point system thats based on the rarity of a trophy. So it saves you alot of calculator work :P

Edited by xZoneHunter

Glad to see some ppl will continue playing games they already normally would. As for me, I'll be doing the same. Already had all of my next games planned out long before joining this. Several rpgs and also some of the ps+ freebies are already downloaded and installed. Once my exams are complete, it's on!

Also, if everyone is happy with this, if there are only 28 players in by tomorrow midnight (GMT) i am more than happy to wrap it up as 4 leagues of 7 rather than 8, despite the fact that i think 8 is perfect, is this something that you lot would like? or are you happy to wait for it to fill ?

I'd be happy to wait for the 32 players, we're 4-5 people away and it hasn't taken us that long to get to where we are. I reckon we'll be at 32 by the end of the day.