Trophy Hunters League - TEAM LEAGUE SPECIAL WINNERS: ApriIis + Gaz + Shotty + Steve

Season 41  

28 members have voted

1. 1. League restructuring (see post with season 41 information)

• I would like to see the leagues be redivided based on the Team League scores
    • I don't want this to happen and want the leagues to stay exactly the same
  2. 2. Golden Games picks

• I liked the Golden Games that were chosen during the Team League season
    • I like the concept of Golden Games, but don't like the games that were chosen during the Team League season (please elaborate)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons
  3. 3. Golden Games value

• I think Golden Games should be worth less (x1,5 multiplier)
    • I think the Golden Games multiplier of x2 is just right
    • I think the Golden Games should be worth more (x3 multiplier)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons

1 hour ago, microsamm said:

I'm upset too about a 6+ hour game and unmotivated to start it, that didn't count for THL.
It's Need for Speed: Undercover with a Top 50 time of 6 minutes 15 seconds and 103 players under 6 hours.
Never played the single player, but I'm sure it'll take me much more time to :platinum:.

Reminds me of the debug mode for the Jak & Daxter trilogy where you can literally obtain the platinum in like 30 seconds or so by just doing some very basic controller inputs (at least for Jak 2 if I remember correctly).

Difficult to say if these situations should be an exception to the 6 hour rule since playing those games normally will indeed take longer than 6 hours and therefore wouldn't necessarily be unfair to use for the THL.

However, there is always the risk of people abusing the method anyway to quickly rack up some last minute points I guess and imagine someone winning the CWC by doing that so I think the rule is definitely a good thing. In the case of the Jak games it can be checked quite easily though by looking at the trophy time stamps of course but for other games it might not be that easy to determine.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Reminds me of the debug mode for the Jak & Daxter trilogy where you can literally obtain the platinum in like 30 seconds or so by just doing some very basic controller inputs (at least for Jak 2 if I remember correctly).

Difficult to say if these situations should be an exception to the 6 hour rule since playing those games normally will indeed take longer than 6 hours and therefore wouldn't necessarily be unfair to use for the THL.

However, there is always the risk of people abusing the method anyway to quickly rack up some last minute points I guess and imagine someone winning the CWC by doing that so I think the rule is definitely a good thing. In the case of the Jak games it can be checked quite easily though by looking at the trophy time stamps of course but for other games it might not be that easy to determine.

I understand all of the nuances surrounding this. Unfortunately, the rule is pretty clear that any game with a Top 50 under 6 hours, hacked/cheated or not, does not count. Maybe we can bump it down to 4 or 5 hours in further seasons to encapsulate some of these situations, but beyond that, I am not sure what can be done.

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I understand all of the nuances surrounding this. Unfortunately, the rule is pretty clear that any game with a Top 50 under 6 hours, hacked/cheated or not, does not count. Maybe we can bump it down to 4 or 5 hours in further seasons to encapsulate some of these situations, but beyond that, I am not sure what can be done.

Yeah no problem at all, I completely agree that putting more nuance to the rule by allowing some of those games would probably only create more food for discussion. At least it's very clear now which games are allowed and which aren't.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 3:53 AM, freddie1989 said:

@Zach great win for you sir!!

I need to get my act together in this albeit I have got 2 plats in the last 2 fixtures but the trophies don't count due to the stupid speed running idiots.

Tbh I didn't realize I was still in the league. ? I thought I was kicked for point inactivity last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

Hey Shogun I know you haven't updated the tables yet but I noticed I have 0 for my Plat count and I'm pretty sure I platted DBZ:Kakarot in the 1st fixture dood

I've corrected your PC in the tables to the right amount of 1.

@ShogunCroCop Can you please correct that 1 missing Platinum of "Wdjat Prinny Doods" in the statistics,
if there has to be corrected anything?
I don't want to mess up anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zach said:

Tbh I didn't realize I was still in the league. ? I thought I was kicked for point inactivity last season.

Your 203.5 points in the last season was enough to beat the season qualification of 120 points.
That's why you hadn't got a pm at the end of the season and was automatically qualified for this Season 29.

Here are the THL rules, from page 1 in this thread, for leaving the contest:

8. Any player that scores less than 120 score over the course of the season, will receive a private message asking them to re-confirm their place for the following season. These players will have 48 hours to respond. Failure to do so will result in a force-retirement. You can only do this one time in a row since scoring less than 120 points for two seasons in a row will result in force-retirement. You can rejoin the league again after one season has passed.

13. If you score 0 points for the first 5 fixtures, you will be deemed inactive for the remainder of the season and automatically removed at the end of the season. You must wait at least a full season before being able to return. You won't automatically be added back to the league and have to request to join again.

Edited by microsamm
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 6:59 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Here are the matchups for Fixture 1:

Manganese League

@freddie1989@dawnofthedead34

@Sptj7 v @TheScruffyton

BYE: @Zach

Season 29 begins now! Good luck!

On 11/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

14 minutes ago, microsamm said:

Your 203.5 points in the last season was enough to beat the season qualification of 120 points.
That's why you hadn't got a pm at the end of the season and was automatically qualified for this Season 29.

Here are the THL rules, from page 1 in this thread, for leaving the contest:

8. Any player that scores less than 120 score over the course of the season, will receive a private message asking them to re-confirm their place for the following season. These players will have 48 hours to respond. Failure to do so will result in a force-retirement. You can only do this one time in a row since scoring less than 120 points for two seasons in a row will result in force-retirement. You can rejoin the league again after one season has passed.

13. If you score 0 points for the first 5 fixtures, you will be deemed inactive for the remainder of the season and automatically removed at the end of the season. You must wait at least a full season before being able to return. You won't automatically be added back to the league and have to request to join again.

I mean fair enough, but still this where my confusion lies xD I was kicked and here I am

Edited by Zach

10 minutes ago, Zach said:

I mean fair enough, but still this where my confusion lies xD I was kicked and here I am

I think you misunderstood...that Bye meant you are free for that fixture...it means idle. I didn't kick you out. We have an odd number of participants in Managnese, so each fixture someone in Manganese has a "bye."

46 minutes ago, microsamm said:

@ShogunCroCop Can you please correct that 1 missing Platinum of "Wdjat Prinny Doods" in the statistics,

I'll update it. I am sure I overlooked it. Thank you for backing me up on the standings.

When I update for the most recent scores, I'll make that change.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 2

Just now, ShogunCroCop said:

I think you misunderstood...that Bye meant you are free for that fixture...it means idle. I didn't kick you out. We have an odd number of participants in Managnese, so each fixture someone in Manganese has a "bye."

Yep. I'm dumb

Just now, Zach said:

Yep. I'm dumb

No. It happens to the best of us.

49 minutes ago, microsamm said:

It looks like I had him at 1 in the Statistics. He earned it in FIxture 1, yes? I probably just forgot to copy it with the last update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, microsamm said:

Appreciate it

30 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

No. It happens to the best of us.

It looks like I had him at 1 in the Statistics. He earned it in FIxture 1, yes? I probably just forgot to copy it with the last update.

Yeah got it in fixture 1

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ichiban-Hybrid said:

@Flex_Da_Brent

If you curious, I haven’t earned any trophies this week till the weekend. Busy with life stuff and it look like you want to win the bronze league. 

...plus I’m getting a few profile views.

Oops busted haha ? Yeah I like to check from time to time, lack of self confidence mainly but it's also out of interest to see which games you guys are currently playing

It would be nice to win the league and to participate at my first CWC so yeah I am currently tryharding a bit here, but by all means, don't hold back for me, don't be afraid to crush my hopes and dreams like last season ?

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay. Family drama.

Fixture 6 matchups are as follows:

Platinum League

GTA_Darren v microsamm

Wavergray v Redbeard-Rik

ShogunCroCop v Arctic Cress

Gold League

theshywaterguy v shadowhood1111

Psy-Tychist v X18JELLO18X

iSkyIa v blu3st4rdust305

Silver League

Boooda v BraveNoobWorld

FallacyUnknown v Krazy_99

stupid0089 v AffectatiousDonk

Bronze League

Wdjat Prinny Doods v me3lingual

OmegaFenron v Ichiban-Hybrid

AmarisSkye v Flex_Da_Brent

Manganese League

Zach v freddie1989

Sptj7 v dawnofthedead34

BYE: TheScruffyTon

It started 2 hours, 15 minutes ago. Good luck!

• Like 3