Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 - Sign up now!

1 hour ago, ApriIis said:

Would love an opportunity to join season 26! I got a bit of extra time on my hands now and I'm looking forward to catching up on a very lackluster year in terms of my trophy hunting. 

In! And right on time too! I am getting ready to go over the list of participants for Season 26, and the leagues they'll be in!

1 hour ago, Precision-Playyy said:

Without me having to read everything, how comes i have moved up to silver?

In short, some of the relegated participants got kicked due to inactivity, so some 3rd place finishers moved up. (The dame thing happened in Gold League.) Basically, with how everything shook out, Silver would have had only Omar left without any of the promotions or relegations. So there were two places needing to be filled, so 3rd and 4th place from Bronze promoted up. They just happened to be you and me.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I will give this a try, if you do not mind letting me have one of the last spots. 

You’re in.

3 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

In short, some of the relegated participants got kicked due to inactivity, so some 3rd place finishers moved up. (The dame thing happened in Gold League.) Basically, with how everything shook out, Silver would have had only Omar left without any of the promotions or relegations. So there were two places needing to be filled, so 3rd and 4th place from Bronze promoted up. They just happened to be you and me.

After the intense fight for the second promotion spot last season, it's kind of funny how it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. That being said, I'm glad we're all in the same league again. I feel like some epic rematches are on the horizon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jemmie said:

After the intense fight for the second promotion spot last season, it's kind of funny how it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. That being said, I'm glad we're all in the same league again. I feel like some epic rematches are on the horizon.

To be fair, I didn’t expect what had happened. I would have preferred staying in Bronze. But there were so many people kicked, plus so many new people entering, rather than shuffle is all around, I just thought bumping us up was the most fair thing to do. I am looking forward to the rematches.

I’m not sure if this overly complicates matters, but maybe instead of giving an advantage to some newbies vs others, you could have two bronze leagues run in parallel for a season. League winner in each league promotes to silver, 2/3 stay in bronze (along with the two demotions), 4/5/6 form Manganese moving forward.

I’m not complaining tho, since I stand to benefit if things stay as they are. ;)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BraveNoobWorld said:

I might have missed it somewhere, but what time of day do fixtures roll over? Midnight GMT?

Midnight UTC.

Technically, GMT is a timezone, and UTC is the time standard the site uses. GMT and UTC are lined up some of the time, but right now, I don't think they are. So I believe, if you are in London, GMT time is UTC +1. If you are on West Coast of USA, it would be UTC - 7.

Hopefully that avoids any confusion.

Also, if it helps, that means Fixture 1 begins in 1 hour, 24 minutes.

I'll have schedules posted soon.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

@Lucas, would you mind removing the Sign Up Now in the title to Season 26 - In Progress. or something cool and catchy like that.

Also, schedules are fully randomized. We will not know in advance who to prepare for. I used a random number generator, and will be doing so throughout the season.

Without further ado, your matchups for Fixture 1:

Platinum League

Redbeard-Rik v Psy-Tychist

microsamm v VASORAT13

GTA_Darren v stupid0089

Gold League

theshywaterguy v shadowhood1111

Wavergray v HCG Clawz

OmegaFenron v Andrea9281

Silver League

Talic007 v me3lingual

Omar v ShogunCrop

jemmie v Precision-Playyy

Bronze League

freddie1989 v Boooda

Arctic Cress v BraveNoobWorld

DEMONICRUBLE18 v Sptj7

Manganese League

Lucas v Wdjat Prinny Doods

X18JELLO18X v Aprilis

kingofbattle8714 v FallacyUnknown

Fixture 1 begins in 36 minutes.

Good luck!

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

You’re in.

Awesome, cheers, thanks for the reply :D

Prepare to get annihilated @jemmie ;)

Edited by Precision-Playyy
  • Like 1

On 16-5-2020 at 9:25 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Since the upper 3 leagues will have 6 participants, and Bronze and Manganese will only have 5 each, there will be two fewer fixtures in Bronze and Manganese that instead will be byes. So they will face each opponent 2x, with 2 byes. The upper leagues will face each opponent 2x, with no byes. To make up for it, I am adding a round to the CWC. A special "play-in" round of sorts will occur in Round 1 of the CWC between the Bronze and Manganese winners, with that winner joining the rest of the group in Round 2.

If we can find 2 more participants before the season starts on Monday, May 18, 00:00 UTC time, then they will be used to even out Bronze and Manganese, byes will go away, but Manganese still gets to participate in CWC either way.

How is this going to be handled, assuming there won’t be another signup in this final hour before the season starts? Bronze has 6 participants now. Will the special first round still happen or not? Would be smart to clear that up before the start of the season to avoid a potential debate later on ;).

Just now, Lucas said:

How is this going to be handled, assuming there won’t be another signup in this final hour before the season starts? Bronze has 6 participants now. Will the special first round still happen or not? Would be smart to clear that up before the start of the season to avoid a potential debate later on ;).

Thank you for asking. I meant to clear that up.

Manganese champ will enter the CWC as normal with Bronze and the rest. There won’t be a special first round head-to-head. But since the CWC will be 5 participants instead of 4, we will still need the extra day for an extra round in CWC. ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FallacyUnknown said:

Sign me up for the league 

Done. You get the final spot.

I’ll make an exception since you don’t have the required posts number yet. But you have the plats requirement. 

Welcome!

I’ll update the schedule now, and add you to the standings table in a bit. Away from my laptop right now.

Anyone else who joins will be on waiting list for Season 27.

Edited by ShogunCroCop