Trophy Hunters League - TEAM LEAGUE SPECIAL WINNERS: ApriIis + Gaz + Shotty + Steve

Season 41  

28 members have voted

1. 1. League restructuring (see post with season 41 information)

• I would like to see the leagues be redivided based on the Team League scores
    • I don't want this to happen and want the leagues to stay exactly the same
  2. 2. Golden Games picks

• I liked the Golden Games that were chosen during the Team League season
    • I like the concept of Golden Games, but don't like the games that were chosen during the Team League season (please elaborate)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons
  3. 3. Golden Games value

• I think Golden Games should be worth less (x1,5 multiplier)
    • I think the Golden Games multiplier of x2 is just right
    • I think the Golden Games should be worth more (x3 multiplier)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons

6 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

It might be a loophole. Which is why I am hoping to close it at the end of the season.

Honestly, I don't really see a loophole. The rules are such that if you use a cross save (which would be obvious by a large number of trophies popping within a couple seconds), the trophies would not count. If the game is done without a save, it would count. Sound Shapes was mentioned earlier, which I would figure could actually be done in less than 6 hours, so it would not count, probably. A game like Miles Morales would take about 10-20 hours of playtime to platinum, so it should count, yeah?

In effect:

Did you get trophies with a cross save? -- (YES) --> No points

|

(NO)

|

V

Is the game's "not autopop top 50" less than 6 hours? --(YES)--> No points

|

(NO)

|

V

Yay, points for you!

If this is too cumbersome to track on a event management level, that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Honestly, I don't really see a loophole. The rules are such that if you use a cross save (which would be obvious by a large number of trophies popping within a couple seconds), the trophies would not count. If the game is done without a save, it would count. Sound Shapes was mentioned earlier, which I would figure could actually be done in less than 6 hours, so it would not count, probably. A game like Miles Morales would take about 10-20 hours of playtime to platinum, so it should count, yeah?

I might be completely wrong here, but you technically could just create a whole bunch of seperate save files on the ps4 version (like after each earned trophy) in order to kinda disguise cross saving it to the ps5 afterwards (to use for another season of the THL).

Now I absolutely don't think anyone here would actually go that far to cheat (or cheat in general), it's a bit farfetched and it would be quite a cumbersome process for the cheater as well, but the possibility of doing it is there I guess, which is the loophole.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

2 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

In effect:

|

(NO)

|

V

|

(NO)

|

V

Yay, points for you!

If this is too cumbersome to track on a event management level, that makes sense. 

There is no way to know if Sound Shape can be done in less than 6 hours now since all the leaderboards are shown auto pop time. We can't rely on he said or I said, there are a lot games like this (Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time). There will be more in the future, there should be something to reference. Even though Sound Shape can be done under 6 hours, but there is no way to prove it. Under current rules, it should be counted if people play it without using cross save. That is the loophole. I think remove " which is not 'cross-saveable' " from rule 4 should solve the problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

I might be completely wrong here, but you technically could just create a whole bunch of seperate save files on the ps4 version (like after each earned trophy) in order to kinda disguise cross saving it to the ps5 afterwards (to use for another season of the THL).

Now I absolutely don't think anyone here would actually go that far to cheat (or cheat in general), it's a bit farfetched and it would be quite a cumbersome process for the cheater as well, but the possibility of doing it is there I guess, which is the loophole.

I get it. Yeah, that had not crossed my mind. This would be imperceptible.

16 hours ago, GTA_Darren said:

There is no way to know if Sound Shape can be done in less than 6 hours now since all the leaderboards are shown auto pop time. We can't rely on he said or I said, there are a lot games like this (Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time). There will be more in the future, there should be something to reference. Even though Sound Shape can be done under 6 hours, but there is no way to prove it. Under current rules, it should be counted if people play it without using cross save. That is the loophole. I think remove " which is not 'cross-saveable' " from rule 4 should solve the problem.

I have considered this option. I am not sure of the ratio of games that are cross-saveable to those that are not, but I imagine there are far fewer cross-saveable games. 

I anticipated these sorts of issues with the release of the new console, so it is definitely worth talking about.

19 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

In effect:

|

(NO)

|

V

|

(NO)

|

V

Yay, points for you!

That is how I had been interpreting the rule the whole time. I do know Sound Shapes has not counted for some seasons even before I took over, so I am not sure the best way to resolve this. As @GTA_Darren said, maybe removing the "with cross-save" section of Rule 4 is the way to go. I don't know.  That's why I feel like this should be up for discussion before Season 30. Maybe some of us are overthinking it, but your grid seems correct. 

I didn't completely read the last two pages but I think I understand what's going on. Just wanted to pop in and say that in the previous seasons a game that is auto-poppable would never count. It doesn't matter whether it's your first stack and you did everything legit or not, games that were auto-poppable never counted because there were always at least 50 people who already auto-popped it. We used to only look at the first 50 achievers, that's it. Not at the first 50 achievers who achieved it without auto-pop or anything like that.

Whatever you do with that now is up to you :P. Just wanted to clear up how the rule was intended and how we always used it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I didn't completely read the last two pages but I think I understand what's going on. Just wanted to pop in and say that in the previous seasons a game that is auto-poppable would never count. It doesn't matter whether it's your first stack and you did everything legit or not, games that were auto-poppable never counted because there were always at least 50 people who already auto-popped it. We used to only look at the first 50 achievers, that's it. Not at the first 50 achievers who achieved it without auto-pop or anything like that.

Whatever you do with that now is up to you :P. Just wanted to clear up how the rule was intended and how we always used it.

Thanks, that helps.

And I think that's what makes the wording of Rule 4 confusing, especially as it pertains to cross-save games. 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not to complicate this situation but this isn't true. I came up with this rule back when I ran the league and we counted the game as long as the trophies weren't autopopped. At the time the rule was made we had a rule that any game where the 50th time was under 4 hours didn't count instead of 6 plus the common games where autopops occured was Sound Shapes and Thieves in Time so those plats weren't a problem. This was years ago though and obviously thing are a bit different now. I guess maybe you changed this up when you ran it but originally those games did count when the rule was made. Obviously up to the current regime to determine how they want to handle this

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

Not to complicate this situation but this isn't true. I came up with this rule back when I ran the league and we counted the game as long as the trophies weren't autopopped. At the time the rule was made we had a rule that any game where the 50th time was under 4 hours didn't count instead of 6 plus the common games where autopops occured was Sound Shapes and Thieves in Time so those plats weren't a problem. This was years ago though and obviously thing are a bit different now. I guess maybe you changed this up when you ran it but originally those games did count when the rule was made. Obviously up to the current regime to determine how they want to handle this

Interesting. I didn't change anything about the rule per se, guess I and my counters just interpreted it differently than you did lol. Interesting that nobody has ever pointed this out before then :lol:.

Fixture 9, the penultimate fixture:

Platinum League

GTA_Darren v Wavergray

ShogunCroCop v Redbeard-Rik

microsamm v Arctic Cress

Gold League

theshywaterguy v Psy-Tychist

iSkyIa v X18JELLO18X

shadowhood1111 v blu3st4rdust305

Silver League

Boooda v FallacyUnknown

stupid0089 v Krazy_99

BraveNoobWorld v AffectatiousDonk

Bronze League

Wdjat Prinny Doods v OmegaFenron

AmarisSkye v Ichiban-Hybrid

me3lingual v Flex_Da_Brent

Manganese League

Zach v Sptj7

TheScruffyTon v dawnofthedead34

BYE: freddie1989

It started 16 minutes ago. Good luck!

• Like 4

Platinum League

GTA_Darren (48.9) v (26.8) ShogunCroCop

Arctic Cress (52.2) v (34.5) Redbeard-Rik

microsamm (4) v (20.8) Wavergray

Gold League

theshywaterguy (24.5) v (257.8) iSkyIa (1)

(1) blu3st4rdust305 (184.8) v (18.5) X18JELLO18X

shadowhood1111 (0) v (30.2) Psy-Tychist

Silver League

Boooda (27.5) v (34) stupid0089 (1)

(2) AffectatiousDonk (162.9) v (2.3) Krazy_99

BraveNoobWorld (0) v (71.4) FallacyUnknown (1)

Bronze League

Wdjat Prinny Doods (19.9) v (60.9) AmarisSkye

(1) Flex_Da_Brent (48.6) v (0) Ichiban-Hybrid

me3lingual (27.9) v (8.3) OmegaFenron

Manganese League

freddie1989 (36.9) v (26.1) Sptj7

(1) TheScruffyTon (57.6) v (10.6) Zach

BYE: (1) dawnofthedead34 (46)

Standings and statistics will be updated shortly.

• Like 4

The final fixture matchups:

Platinum League

GTA_Darren v Redbeard-Rik

microsamm v ShogunCroCop

Wavergray v Arctic Cress

Gold League

theshywaterguy v X18JELLO18X

shadowhood1111 v iSkyIa

Psy-Tychist v blu3st4rdust305

Silver League

Boooda v Krazy_99

BraveNoobWorld v stupid0089

FallacyUnknown v AffectatiousDonk

Bronze League

Wdjat Prinny Doods v Ichiban-Hybrid

me3lingual v AmarisSkye

OmegaFenron v Flex_Da_Brent

Manganese League

Zach v dawnofthedead34

freddie1989 v TheScruffyTon

BYE: Sptj7

Fixture 10 begins in 17 minutes! Good luck!

• Like 4

Here are the scores for Fixture 9:

Platinum League

GTA_Darren (224.6) v (88.9) Wavergray

ShogunCroCop (15) v (40.5) Redbeard-Rik

microsamm (8) v (148.6) Arctic Cress

Gold League

(1) theshywaterguy (96) v (100.7) Psy-Tychist

iSkyIa (164) v (54.4) X18JELLO18X

shadowhood1111 (0) v (110.8) blu3st4rdust305

Silver League

Boooda (13.3) v (23.4) FallacyUnknown

stupid0089 (34.7) v (53.7) Krazy_99 (2)

BraveNoobWorld (0) v (189.4) AffectatiousDonk (3)

Bronze League

Wdjat Prinny Doods (25.5) v (4) OmegaFenron

AmarisSkye (16.1) v (0) Ichiban-Hybrid

me3lingual (26.4) v (46.6) Flex_Da_Brent

Manganese League

Zach (31) v (160) Sptj7 (2)

TheScruffyTon (21) v (91.6) dawnofthedead34

BYE: (1) freddie1989 (41.6)

Standings and statistics to be updated tomorrow.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@blu3st4rdust305, congrats on winning the Gold League, don't go too hard on scoring points against me, I am away from all my consoles this week and will score no more points than are already there. Save them for the CWC :)

Thanks. :)

I am just trying to drudge thru Shadow of Mordor. I seem to be struggling more than most with the 100%. Whatever points I put up will probably just be hard earned against what is left on that game.

1 hour ago, Wavergray said:

@GTA_Darren congratulations on winning Platinum league. I tried to put up a good fight but halfway through world of final fantasy my drive just died for the season. 

Good luck in the CWC. :highfive:

I second the Congratulations. I got bogged down with AC Odyssey and God of War, and those trophies do not pop fast and furiously, hence why I am going back to Gold for next season. By then, I should be fully restocked on ammo.

To let all of you know, there have been a lot of suggestions to me by current and previous participants, @jemmie among them, about doing a Holiday special. Since the CWC is scheduled to run from Dec 12 to Dec 15, the season will end in plenty of time for this to happen. I am all on board with a Holiday special event. I do not know who wants to run it, but previous seasons have seen something similar. If an event special happens, more details will come, but even without one, we are going to take a Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Holiday break, so Season 30 will not be starting until sometime in early January. I know sometimes things change by then, so I'll be reaching out later to see who is still in for Season 30, and who is not.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I second the Congratulations. I got bogged down with AC Odyssey and God of War, and those trophies do not pop fast and furiously, hence why I am going back to Gold for next season. By then, I should be fully restocked on ammo.

To let all of you know, there have been a lot of suggestions to me by current and previous participants, @jemmie among them, about doing a Holiday special. Since the CWC is scheduled to run from Dec 12 to Dec 15, the season will end in plenty of time for this to happen. I am all on board with a Holiday special event. I do not know who wants to run it, but previous seasons have seen something similar. If an event special happens, more details will come, but even without one, we are going to take a Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Holiday break, so Season 30 will not be starting until sometime in early January. I know sometimes things change by then, so I'll be reaching out later to see who is still in for Season 30, and who is not.

But...there already is a Holiday Special. Granted, this is the first Holiday Special I've done that overlaps with a main season (it starts in a few hours actually), so I can see someone not acknowledging this as a THL Holiday Special in the traditional sense.

• Like 3