Trophy Hunters League - TEAM LEAGUE SPECIAL WINNERS: ApriIis + Gaz + Shotty + Steve

Season 41  

28 members have voted

1. 1. League restructuring (see post with season 41 information)

• I would like to see the leagues be redivided based on the Team League scores
    • I don't want this to happen and want the leagues to stay exactly the same
  2. 2. Golden Games picks

• I liked the Golden Games that were chosen during the Team League season
    • I like the concept of Golden Games, but don't like the games that were chosen during the Team League season (please elaborate)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons
  3. 3. Golden Games value

• I think Golden Games should be worth less (x1,5 multiplier)
    • I think the Golden Games multiplier of x2 is just right
    • I think the Golden Games should be worth more (x3 multiplier)
    • I don't like the concept of Golden Games and think it should be removed for future seasons

My issue lies mainly in the fact that as the rules currently stand they can be manipulated whenever someone needs fast points because god forbid they might lose so people start turning to visual novels and shit like that just to win! It really isn't fair on individuals that have worked hard for their points over 4 day with every spare hour they have to then be done over at the end by a visual novel that can be finished in 35 minutes!! How would that not irritate you?!

At least the top 50 times give a rough idea albeit not perfect as to what we should use. Maybe just bring the top 50 time limit down to like 3 hours or something so that it removes that element!

This basically is for anyone complaining about the completion rules.

At the end its about what you earned for yourself. Why do you bother what someone else is doing..

I have said this loads of times and i keep saying this. This is just a friendly competition, it gives something extra to the trophy hunting.. This league gets you motivated to work harder and even if you lost, you still got your own results that will never go away. So basically you still kinda won.

Edited by HcG-_Clawz
  • Like 4

This basically is for anyone complaining about the completion rules.

At the end its about what you earned for yourself. Why do you bother what someone else is doing..

I have said this loads of times and i keep saying this. This is just a friendly competition, it gives something extra to the trophy hunting.. This league gets you motivated to work harder and even if you lost, you still got your own results that will never go away. So basically you still kinda won.

I agree with everything you say but what is the point if we don't have decent rules. Just let everyone play 6 different versions of Sound Shapes and be done with it!!

Anyway, I will leave this alone now as I didn't want this to be an issue, only a couple of people seem to be on my side on this one. I never wanted to cause a riot about this, I just feel it would be a rule improvement which was the point of Precision's question!

We have all taken this far too seriously at times but surely you can understand my point? I liked the 5 hour rule because it meant there was no way to exploit the rules for easy trophies like there is now.

I don't want this to become an argument, I wouldn't have mentioned if Precision hadn't asked about rule improvements because I think this is a very flawed rule that needs correction.

The main reason why for me all games should be permitted:

There is a lot of work for the admins to check every game for which you get the thropies.

I always checking if I can use any game or not, and later I avoid prohibited games.

But lt's say that I'm playig just for relax.

I don't mind for the games I'm playing, and I don't care if these games will be counted or not.

I'm using prohibited game, and admins later counting my scores and didn't check if the game finishing time is under 3,5 or 8hour.

Precision again have a plenty questions if any game will be counted or not.

This is just my point of view

• Like 2

The main reason why for me all games should be permitted:

There is a lot of work for the admins to check every game for which you get the thropies.

I always checking if I can use any game or not, and later I avoid prohibited games.

But lt's say that I'm playig just for relax.

I don't mind for the games I'm playing, and I don't care if these games will be counted or not.

I'm using prohibited game, and admins later counting my scores and didn't check if the game finishing time is under 3,5 or 8hour.

Precision again have a plenty questions if any game will be counted or not.

This is just my point of view

This is why there should be an admin or two specifically for looking up which games would or would not count towards season five. I don't want the time limit to be long, but I want to avoid games like Sound Shapes, where the 100% is possible within a few hours, and the platinum alone is 82 points (which some people have done in under an hour!).

This is why there should be an admin or two specifically for looking up which games would or would not count towards season five. I don't want the time limit to be long, but I want to avoid games like Sound Shapes, where the 100% is possible within a few hours, and the platinum alone is 82 points (which some people have done in under an hour!).

You cant platinum sound shapes in under 1 hour unless you're auto-popping. Sound shapes is like an 6-10 hour plat depending on skill

• Like 2

You cant platinum sound shapes in under 1 hour unless you're auto-popping. Sound shapes is like an 6-10 hour plat depending on skill

I'm sorry. My mistake. I looked at the 100% list for PS4 and saw that the first 21 times were auto-pops, and the next few were done in less than three hours, so I thought these were legitimate times. I've never played the game before, so I wouldn't know something like that without looking a little more into the game. This isn't the only example of a quick game though, so my argument still stands (even if I did just embarrass myself).

This is why there should be an admin or two specifically for looking up which games would or would not count towards season five.

For what it's worth here's a solution I feel might work for most people, without causing a ton of extra work for admin:

I say make every person responsible for their own games.  Look up whatever you're playing before you start, if you're playing a game for fun or to relax and it doesn't meet the requirements then let the admin know not to count it.  You don't have to look at a full trophy walk-through but it takes about 5 minutes to do some basic research for your game and to determine whether it meets all requirements.  Otherwise it looks like you're trying to sneak one past the goalie.  Once the final score is posted each participant has 12 hours to look at his opponent's trophy log (if desired) and file a complaint (if desired), at which point the designated admin will look at that game and make a ruling.  If the person is found in error they lose ALL points for the fixture, period.

This accomplishes a few things:

1) It puts the time/effort requirements for researching a game on the two people actually affected by it.

2) It sets a harsh enough penalty to STRONGLY encourage gaming honestly.

3) If a competitor truly doesn't care (as in Clawz) what his opponent plays then they don't have to check on opponents.

• Like 4

For what it's worth here's a solution I feel might work for most people, without causing a ton of extra work for admin:

I say make every person responsible for their own games.  Look up whatever you're playing before you start, if you're playing a game for fun or to relax and it doesn't meet the requirements then let the admin know not to count it.  You don't have to look at a full trophy walk-through but it takes about 5 minutes to do some basic research for your game and to determine whether it meets all requirements.  Otherwise it looks like you're trying to sneak one past the goalie.  Once the final score is posted each participant has 12 hours to look at his opponent's trophy log (if desired) and file a complaint (if desired), at which point the designated admin will look at that game and make a ruling.  If the person is found in error they lose ALL points for the fixture, period.

This accomplishes a few things:

1) It puts the time/effort requirements for researching a game on the two people actually affected by it.

2) It sets a harsh enough penalty to STRONGLY encourage gaming honestly.

3) If a competitor truly doesn't care (as in Clawz) what his opponent plays then they don't have to check on opponents.

Firstly, I'm not sure if I will have a chance even check scores within 12 hours from the scores posted.

Secondly -if I need to check my opponent, so I can let everyone know that in fixtures versus me everyone can use game which would like to play, even Aabb Animals, as I will never complain about games which my opponent will use. (just I'll be prepared better for the next fixture with him ;-))

I don't like the idea of checking people's logs and filing a complaint - it just causes a lot of unnecessary drama and ill feelings among players.

No matter what the rules are, there will still be people who are unhappy and there will still be issues of contention. Maybe make the fixtures blind so that no one knows who they are up against? It would sadly remove the banter, but it would also get rid of the element of "wahhh, I worked hard on all my games and xxxx saw and played Sound Shapes/Hannah Montana/Back to the Future etc. against me"

Anyway, I've put forward my ideas and suggestions - at the end of the day I'm not bothered what the rules are, I'll just carry on as I am.

Hemiaks idea is really good actually as like he said it takes away the hours of work for the admins which were the issue. I mean if people just check and be honest th n there will be no complaints anyway. Just look at the top 50 times and odds say if they are all low it can be done as there are only so many hackers.

I like the idea of sneaking one past the goalie! At least you score right?

Maybe that's not the point though. I suppose it comes down to the reasoning behind why people like to play games and how competitive people are.

If you are just playing to be playing and this competition just serves as a means to see how your "normal" play would rank amongst your peers, then that's one way. If you are in it to win it and go out and buy any game you can to get point, that's another way.

Maybe some don't want to do as much one fixture over another. Play longer grindy games with no trophies in between, yet the next fixture they are tired of the long games and decide they want something easy, and maybe add a little competition to it as well.

There are many ways to look at this competition, some take the approach more serious than others.

If the rules change and you limit what can be accepted, I will have to say now than anyone who plays against me will have to look at my trophy log because I like to play everything so easy games do pop up. This competition isn't changing what I play or how I play. I am always in constant competition with myself. The voices in my head all compete for who is in control, and they use games to compete. Right now, I am winning!

Granted, I have a huge backlog which have 60 hour trophies.

Should the 60 hour trophy be counted as much as the game that can be completed in a day? Sure it should.

Edited by allenbird
  • Like 3

Personally I would prefer that all gamed are allowed. I only play games that interest me, not because they're full of silvers and gold trophies and/or an easy platinum. And besides if somebody chooses to get an easy win against me by playing, say, Terminator Salvation, they cant play that game again against a different opponent.

Also with the breaks, I'd say keep them. To be honest the length of each break was fine by me but if most people wanted the length of the break reduced to 2 days, I'm ok with that.

• Like 1

This is a fantastic debate we have going on here, i'm really starting to get the feedback i want. However, i've noticed a complete divide between competitors, the two majority parties think either all games should count, while the other feel the rulings are too loose. Which leads to the predicament that i am in. The current set of rules i feel caters for both sides somewhat but neither side entirely. I understand both sides of the argument - the competition is supposed to be fun, why should it matter what games are being played, but then on the other hand, some people are here to enjoy the competitive edge that trophy hunting can offer and would prefer for it to be in a more disciplined manner without cheap shots that are maybe only available to players through regional or monetary advantages. I'm and intrigued by your opinions and i'm happy that so many of you are putting forward your POV's for myself and others to read and i am working towards trying to find a happy medium between the two mentioned parties that is more efficient that the current statute currently enforced in the City of The Trophy Hunters.

There is one thing i have been thinking about really, and it is only after this season and actually seeing the daily score that Kochiya-Shana put up in the CWC that made me even think about it, that plus a certain 9 games i played this month. Japanese Titled games. I've noticed how many of these games are simply complete-able to 100% with platinums in SO little time, and it's not even like there are only a few, there are hundreds of these games. They tend to have generous trophies (lots of golds and silvers), a platinum, and a lot of these can be done in 1-8 hours? Now i know not all Japanese Titled games abide by this rule, but from what i have seen over numerous accounts is that there are many more quick and easy ones than there are hard ones. Now don't get me wrong when i say "Japanese Titled" i am not referring to Japanese games like RPG's i mean literally games with the title written in Japanese. What do you guys think about this? a friend of mine recently decided to play some of these "Japanese titled" this month and smashed his monthly trophy earnings by over 300 trophies, this, bearing in mind his previous record was 600 already. Please feel free to add talk of this in future comments as opinions on this would be greatly appreciated :) another possible brand ban could include Disney Pixar games, which have the reputation of being short and sweet with tasty rewards.

As for breaks, there have been mixed reviews, the general consensus of opinion is that they should be kept, some think they are good as they are, while some others feel they were too long, i think breaks are a positive thing as, in the heat of battle, sometimes it's good to just take step back for a couple of days, re-cooperate, and carry on from there. I am feeling like for next season i will keep the same quantity of breaks (2), but make them shorter (and in varying lengths) to experiment a little, and then get feedback at the end of next season until we have this spot on.

Well, that's all for now Folks, Tables are down for maintenance for the foreseeable future, and Season 4 Rankings are likely to be released today, with overall rankings likely to be released tomorrow. I be back at you all soon!!

Mr P.

• Like 4

Back when this league started, I never though about people actually using easily plattable or 100%-able games to get the upper hand in a fixture (I was too naive lol) Then, as I saw people pulling out last-minute games and plats I understood that each player would get a say in the matter of which games are allowed and which aren't. Honestly, the way I see this league, I'd definitely cast aside any rule regarding not-allowed games, excepting cross-save auto-popping of course. 

However, not everyone here takes the league with the same level of seriousness as I do, most take it more seriously, some take it more lightly, and that reflects on their opinions on this topic. Also, not every gamer here has the same time availability or gaming efficiency in trophy hunting. Some players strategize their fixtures, some don't. Some of us are PS+ users, some aren't. Some have money to purchase a lot of stuff and some don't. All those variables make each player really unique and different from any other. One example: on Season 1 or 2, I faced an opponent (can't remember who it was) and during the whole fixture I was dealing with exams, so I played scarcely, but efficiently, and I got a decent amount of points. Then they must have counted my score, because he pulled out all sorts of uber-easy stuff and got the upper hand in 2-3 hours, if not less. The way I look at this league, my reaction was "if he had the time to do it, good for him!". Of course, this comes from my somewhat light approach towards the league, other competitive players would've even complained about it (as happened when people started demanding rules to control it).

The point is that it is nearly impossible to please every single player here, and even with restrictions, some still manage to pull out life-saving tricks at the end of a fixture, some keep plats lined up for a difficult opponent and so on. If we aim to restrict everything, this won't be fun anymore because we'll have to be thinking "can I actually play this game and make it count?" before starting it, which is why I'd keep the cross-save restriction plus maybe a "less than x hours" rule. The whole Top 50 thing I really don't care about, it's sure as hell not gonna affect me ever, JRPG's will always count in this league, and that's mainly what I play xD

So Precision, you can go whatever direction you want with the rules, I'll stick around anyway, only if it got too restrictive and I stopped having fun I'd consider leaving, but that would take A LOT of restrictions lol

Oh and I could dig shorter breaks too if the majority wants them that way :)

• Like 4

So it appears I do now have a set gaming schedule. I have already reitred for Season 5, and currently do not meet the requirements to climb back in. Plus, I need the break. I will continue to sit this one out and just fulfill my admin duty instead, but count me in for S6.

As for the breaks, personally, I didn't like them. I never did. I felt they gave unfair advantages. Sure, we may not have known who the next opponent was, but by the second break, when we had 3 opponents left, we knew who they were. Prepping accordingly for 3 people is a lot easier than prepping after the first break or at the beginning of the season. Not that I am one to complain seeing as how I was inactive most of the first 6 fixtures. But I also knew by the second break who my last 3 opponents would be, and thus it was easier to prep for them. And if you go back and look at my results in the last 3 fixtures compared to the first 6, that bears it out. So I'd vote for not having them. But, I am also sitting out this next season, so take what I say how you will.

I also feel all games should count. I ran into that this season with The Walking Dead and TWD: Season 2. Both games initially were released digitally in episodic format. However, when TWD was rebranded for retail, it was given a platinum. TWD: Season 2 was not. Each trophy list of each episode of TWD: S2 was treated as a DLC, even though the retail version contained all 5 episodes as one base game, and thus no plat was given. The Top 50 leaderboard was all under one hour, but that was just for Episode 1. So it created confusion. Thankfully, it counted, but it should have anyway. How the trophy list was packaged did not take away from the fact that each episode comprised one game, and one game only. And if things like this happen in the future, more confusion will ensue.

Abraham Lincoln once said that you can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. So there are advantages and disadvantages of allowing every game. Region gaming and money aside, we all have games I am sure we would play if we could, but they are restricted. But by allowing every game, that's as even a playing field as we can get. Since we can't control region gaming, or even available funds with which to purchase games.

Just my two cents on the issue.

Well if we are going to allow every game, may as well take out any time limit rules altogether as they are useless and irrelevant as Shana just showed in the CWC. They are easily exploited so why bother with them?

Well I am with Clawz on not allow cross-saving or auto-popping. And there has always been a rule in place (if I remember correctly), that prohibits people from playing one regional version of a game in the season if they already have played one regional version at an earlier point (for example: Sound Shapes).

I won't call out members in particular, because honestly I never looked at scores I didn't count, so honestly if people were doing that, those trophies should not have counted. Regardless, Shana wins anyway as Precision got 0, so if even 1 of her 452 points was valid, and there was at least 1 valid point, she wins. So calling her out is a moot point anyway because Precision never put up a fight.

And as far as time limit rules, we can't control the time our opponents have. We can only control our time. I could put up 100 points, but if my opponent puts up 200 because they had more time to complete easier games, who am I to argue with that? If I want more time, I make my own time, not take away from someone else's.

If we go for the all games should count approach then I'm in agreement with the above about auto pops.

I think the rule should also be kept in regarding playing the same game:

" Once you have played a certain game in one particular season, you cannot play that game on any other systems or any other versions such as the Japanese version, well you can..but you won't get any points for it. Example: sound Shapes EU version, you play and get points for, if you then play it on vita in the same season, you wont get any points for it. "

I don't have any issues with visual novels - I did a couple myself during the second season. Equally no issue with kids games, to be fair some of them can be quite time consuming.

• Like 2

I don't have any issues with visual novels - I did a couple myself during the second season. Equally no issue with kids games, to be fair some of them can be quite time consuming.

I have no problem with them either but when they can be finished in 30 minutes people just exploit the rules we have in place to make them last a week and it defeats the object of rules, surely?

Well I am with Clawz on not allow cross-saving or auto-popping. And there has always been a rule in place (if I remember correctly), that prohibits people from playing one regional version of a game in the season if they already have played one regional version at an earlier point (for example: Sound Shapes).

I won't call out members in particular, because honestly I never looked at scores I didn't count, so honestly if people were doing that, those trophies should not have counted. Regardless, Shana wins anyway as Precision got 0, so if even 1 of her 452 points was valid, and there was at least 1 valid point, she wins. So calling her out is a moot point anyway because Precision never put up a fight.

And as far as time limit rules, we can't control the time our opponents have. We can only control our time. I could put up 100 points, but if my opponent puts up 200 because they had more time to complete easier games, who am I to argue with that? If I want more time, I make my own time, not take away from someone else's.

I wasn't calling her out in particular, I used it as an example because everyone will have checked out her amazing 450 odd score in 1 day so they all know what she used. Apologies to Shana if she takes offence!

We currently have rules saying anything that takes less than 8 hours to complete doesn't count but whilst we have no restriction on certain games people exploit the rules to make them take longer even though they can be done much quicker so the rules don't actually do anything at all!! It isn't to do with how much time each person has available!

I wasn't calling her out in particular, I used it as an example because everyone will have checked out her amazing 450 odd score in 1 day so they all know what she used. Apologies to Shana if she takes offence!

We currently have rules saying anything that takes less than 8 hours to complete doesn't count but whilst we have no restriction on certain games people exploit the rules to make them take longer even though they can be done much quicker so the rules don't actually do anything at all!! It isn't to do with how much time each person has available!

Ah I understand what you are saying. My apologies.