Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 - Sign up now!

I think the rule in season 1 (and possibly season 2) was games competed in under an hour wouldn't be counted and people did the same thing in stretching games out. I can't remember this level of ill feeling over it to be honest.

Everyone competing in the league has the option of playing strategically like this and it comes down to personal choice. Just looking through my backlog that's purely on my HD I have the entirety of Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Trine 2, Sound Shapes (and others beside those) that I could quickly knock out against people...the option is there. It's all by the by though as my gaming schedule is pretty much set in stone, as it was through season 4.

It's impossible to make everyone happy though, whatever Precision & the admin team pick as rules I'll accept and go along with, but I won't be altering my gaming on that basis

• Like 1

I must admit I'm inclined to agree with Freddie and others who would prefer 'stricter' rules imposed on the times as it is annoying if people just pull a super quick game at the end of a round in order to beat you and I've been on both ends of this being beaten by Hannah Montana one round and I've used things like Sound Shapes myself to win quickly. Some of the rules at the moment, specifically the 8 hour rule, are flawed and essentially pointless. You could change the rule to 50 hours and it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever as long as the game had a plat. I quite liked precisions suggestion of disallowing certain 'types' of games visual novels, disney titles etc maybe in conjunction with a top 50 time so if a visual novel has a top 50 time of 10 hours then it would still count.

The main issue that I have with visual novels, and correct me if I'm wrong as this isn't personal experience just what I've heard, is that you would have to completely skip the majority of the text to actually achieve any of these quick times so you're not actually playing the game anyway, just answering questions on something you haven't seen presumably via the use of a trophy guide. I imagine this must be the case with whatever game shana played that could be completed in half an hour or whatever it was otherwise a game that genuinely take 30 mins to complete is hardly worth buying.

Edit: Didn't mean to post so early...

I know some people say that if an easy game is used against them once then it can't be used against someone else as well but their are so many easy games that could be played if someone was looking for them it's hardly worth saying because it's really easy to find another game, especially visual novels, to play against another opponent.

Anyway that's just my opinion and I'm aware it's probably in the minority as not many people are as competitive as I am when it comes to things like this. Either way I'm gonna have to leave the league this season unfortunately anyway as I just don't have the time for gaming anymore to allow myself to be competitive without resorting to loads of easy, quick games which is something I don't want to do. So thanks to Precision, the rest of the admit and all the other competitors for making this league as fun as it is. :)

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 4

I dont mean to stir things up but I've just taken a look at Shana's trophy log... All of those trophies were earned in a 20 hour period, where the biggest gap between trophies is 2 hours. Do you even rest bro?! Lol. That's either some uber dedication or you don't need to sleep.

I dont mean to stir things up but I've just taken a look at Shana's trophy log... All of those trophies were earned in a 20 hour period, where the biggest gap between trophies is 2 hours. Do you even rest bro?! Lol. That's either some uber dedication or you don't need to sleep.

I noticed that as well, but it's certainly possible to do. I remember having gaming sessions like that when I was younger, as a one off it's not too bad. 

Sometimes people pull all-nighters. Even at my age, I still do it occasionally.

As for the breaks, personally, I didn't like them. I never did. I felt they gave unfair advantages. Sure, we may not have known who the next opponent was, but by the second break, when we had 3 opponents left, we knew who they were. Prepping accordingly for 3 people is a lot easier than prepping after the first break or at the beginning of the season. Not that I am one to complain seeing as how I was inactive most of the first 6 fixtures. But I also knew by the second break who my last 3 opponents would be, and thus it was easier to prep for them. And if you go back and look at my results in the last 3 fixtures compared to the first 6, that bears it out. So I'd vote for not having them. But, I am also sitting out this next season, so take what I say how you will.

I see where you're coming from with this. By the second break, I knew who my remaining opponents were and planned out a platinum that allowed me to win two out of my last three fixtures and stay in the gold league. I wouldn't say this is unfair. It just adds a bit of strategy into the league. To compromise, I'd say a shorter break is best, but I feel we should definitely keep them.

There is one thing i have been thinking about really, and it is only after this season and actually seeing the daily score that Kochiya-Shana put up in the CWC that made me even think about it, that plus a certain 9 games i played this month. Japanese Titled games. I've noticed how many of these games are simply complete-able to 100% with platinums in SO little time, and it's not even like there are only a few, there are hundreds of these games. They tend to have generous trophies (lots of golds and silvers), a platinum, and a lot of these can be done in 1-8 hours? Now i know not all Japanese Titled games abide by this rule, but from what i have seen over numerous accounts is that there are many more quick and easy ones than there are hard ones. Now don't get me wrong when i say "Japanese Titled" i am not referring to Japanese games like RPG's i mean literally games with the title written in Japanese. What do you guys think about this? a friend of mine recently decided to play some of these "Japanese titled" this month and smashed his monthly trophy earnings by over 300 trophies, this, bearing in mind his previous record was 600 already. Please feel free to add talk of this in future comments as opinions on this would be greatly appreciated :) another possible brand ban could include Disney Pixar games, which have the reputation of being short and sweet with tasty rewards.

I feel like a list of banned games on the front page would be a great idea. I don't want the list to be long, but there are just some games that give so many points in so little time that I think they're unfair, some (not all) visual novels being examples. I think the best way to make this ban list would be for players to bring up games they deem unfair and in a day or two (giving time for everyone who wants to to respond) have a 24 hour vote whether to put each game on the ban list. I know a lot of people want all games to count, but I'm just giving out an option. The alternative would be to base the list on leader board completion times, but it seems that people aren't liking that idea either.

Back in my LAN party days there was no such thing as sleep dood

• Like 4

THL SEASON 4 RANKINGS

1. Precision-Playy
  2. Kochiya-Shana
  3. HcG-_Clawz
  4. blueyoshi5
  5. man_with_wdjat
  6. theshywaterguy
  7. XShadowYakuzaX
  8. HcG-_Terror
  9. X18JELLO18X
  10. ToxiKirby
  11. BraveNoobWorld
  12. pridefc83
  13. dragnierkira
  14. jem12345
  15. Havoc273
  16. zR_DoWnLiNkZ
  17. Mah2c
  18. ganryu_pl
  19. sinnriel
  20. Mendant909
  21. freddie1989
  22. allenbird
  23. NIALLERMANBUZ
  24. x9zachattack5x
  25. BigApe101
  26. zajac9999
  27. nexus_x2007
  28. Hemiak
  29. Krazy_99
  30. xZoneHunter
  31. omar280792
  32. cybershark91
  33. VASORAT13
  34. Jarethgeason
  35. NiTR0--X__
  36. Grindcore12391
  37. DJ-Silver
  38. RachP13
  39. ShogunCroCop
  40. ReimiSaionji9742
  41. Gate_Guard
  42. me3lingual
  43. KerplunkMB
  44. Chinigan-
  45. silverstag88
  46. TheAkittaja
  47. TheLastSurvivorD
  48. Matthew_Banfield
  49. mary_d-9
  50. faiz0r
  • Like 1

Just wondering...how many of you have a spot on the top 50 fastest times?

If not on the top 50, how close to these times you was?

Many of the fastest time are made by "speedrunners" and I even can't imagine how anyone can finish particular game within particular time ;-)

Many of the fastest time are made by "speedrunners" and I even can't imagine how anyone can finish particular game within particular time ;-)

i have top 3 fastest in fifa 15 (ps3), fifa 15 (vita) and fifa 14 (vita) and a top 10 in inferno pool, aswell as another top 50 in another fifa (13 vita) , not sure if i have any others :)

i have top 3 fastest in fifa 15 (ps3), fifa 15 (vita) and fifa 14 (vita) and a top 10 in inferno pool, aswell as another top 50 in another fifa (13 vita) , not sure if i have any others :)

Do you worked in these days? was at school etc?

I believe not, and as for me with only one day off per week, it is reason why I'm never even close to the fastest times ;-)

Do you worked in these days? was at school etc?

I believe not, and as for me with only one day off per week, it is reason why I'm never even close to the fastest times ;-)

Yes i worked on the day i did inferno Pool and also worked during both Fifa 13 and 14, neither of the 15's though :)

Now i have 25 posts. Can i join the league for season 5 now?

Welcome To the league Gregory, your spot is now confirmed :)

#22 Mamurukun Curse

#22 Medieval Moves

#5 the cube

#5 3d dot game heroes (really #4 as one above is a hacker I'm pretty sure)

#33 Tour de France 2013

#1 Aquapazza

#46 Lone Survivor

#20 guacamelee

Within a couple of hours of the top 50 on several others including heavy fire, start the party: save the world, puss in boots (1 min off) , wonderbook: Book of Spells

There's also probably a few others, these were just the ones I remembered being pretty close or top 50 as I checked through my list then, and yes I had a job or uni studies for all of them. :P

• Like 1

I got 4th place on Split/Second

I got 1st place in Daylight EU and US

And i got some others in there but those are my tops. i like to speedrun games.

• Like 1

#22 Mamurukun Curse

#22 Medieval Moves

#5 the cube

#5 3d dot game heroes (really #4 as one above is a hacker I'm pretty sure)

#33 Tour de France 2013

#1 Aquapazza

#46 Lone Survivor

#20 guacamelee

Within a couple of hours of the top 50 on several others including heavy fire, start the party: save the world, puss in boots (1 min off) , wonderbook: Book of Spells

There's also probably a few others, these were just the ones I remembered being pretty close or top 50 as I checked through my list then, and yes I had a job or uni studies for all of them. :P

I didn't expect answer like this :D:D Congratulations :-)

You must have high level skills.

Now I know why so many games was prohibited ;-) bacause you made very good times ;-)

I feel like a list of banned games on the front page would be a great idea. I don't want the list to be long, but there are just some games that give so many points in so little time that I think they're unfair, some (not all) visual novels being examples. I think the best way to make this ban list would be for players to bring up games they deem unfair and in a day or two (giving time for everyone who wants to to respond) have a 24 hour vote whether to put each game on the ban list. I know a lot of people want all games to count, but I'm just giving out an option. The alternative would be to base the list on leader board completion times, but it seems that people aren't liking that idea either.

This is a good idea but it seems like a hell of a lot of work whereas a general rule would be easier to follow.

Briefly reading through some of the comments suggest that it's only a handful of games that are causing the problem, but the main issue for people who want slightly stricter rules (which I'm also in favour of having) seem to be the Visual Novels. Banning these games from the competition might not be a bad idea. Just a thought, not sure how many people in the league this would actually effect, so maybe not a popular decision.

A shame to see you go zajac, looking at the previous season tables seems you had a pretty good run though. ;)

• Like 1

Briefly reading through some of the comments suggest that it's only a handful of games that are causing the problem, but the main issue for people who want slightly stricter rules (which I'm also in favour of having) seem to be the Visual Novels. Banning these games from the competition might not be a bad idea. Just a thought, not sure how many people in the league this would actually effect, so maybe not a popular decision.

A shame to see you go zajac, looking at the previous season tables seems you had a pretty good run though. ;)

I agree because if like someone said earlier people can flick through them without actually playing them to get them done fast then we wouldn't exactly be taking away a lot of enjoyment for them.

I still fight for the same treatment of 100% and plat games. xD I'm fine with every decision, but both game types need the same rules. 

EDIT:

And I think I don't have any fastest times ^^ I'm not the fastest gamer. I like to take my time with a game.

Edited by cybershark91

This is a good idea but it seems like a hell of a lot of work whereas a general rule would be easier to follow.

It wouldn't be hard to do. It's just that so many people seem to be against banning games that I think every game will be voted to stay (which I would have to accept since majority does rule in the end). At this point, I feel like any rule regarding completion times will either have a loophole like season 4 or be like season 3 where the admins are bombarded with questions about games.

So with the season having come to an end, the "Behind the scenes" work is well under way, season 5 League tables are well on there way to being ready for the new season and i'm currently toying around with the Season 5 forecast to try and have the league finish cleanly before Christmas. So without further ado, i wish to recap on the Season 4 awards and give info on Competitor changes and whatnot ahead of season 5:-

CWC Champion - Kochiya-Shana

Platinum League Champion - Precision-Playy

Gold League Champion - Kochiya-Shana

Silver League Champion - BraveNoobWorld

Bronze League Champion - pridefc83

Manganese Champion - ToxiKirby

And now onto the sad part, Retirements:

Retirements:

Mendant909

Hemiak

Kochiya-Shana

blueyoshi5

man_with_wdjat

zajac9999

silverstag88

Chinigan-

zR_DoWnLiNkZ

ShogunCroCop

mary_d-9

Force Retirements:

Gate_Guard

Grindcore12391

Matthew_Banfield

faiz0r

Admin Retirements:

Mendant909

silverstag88

Let's move on to something more pleasing:

New Entrants:

Greenguy81

BlueFireReaper

Gregorymany

pureproteinman

Now then, given the Mass retirement this season, you have all probably realised two things:

1. Players are going to move up leagues that they perhaps didn't expect to.
  2. We only have 39 players at present.

First things first, the Manganese League is going this season, leaving us with what will be 4 Leagues of 10 (There is a good chance that somebody will sign up when i advertise a vacany in the Title). So now, all that is left to is announce the current league drafts (based on there being no further drop outs before the start of S5):

PLATINUM LEAGUE

Precision-Playy

HcG-_Clawz

XShadowYakuzaX

theshywaterguy

Havoc273

HcG-_Terror

dragnierkira

X18JELLO18X

jem12345

Mah2c

GOLD LEAGUE

xZoneHunter

Krazy_99

BraveNoobWorld

ganryu_pl

freddie1989

cybershark91

nexus_x2007

pridefc83

allenbird

sinnriel

SILVER LEAGUE

omar280792

me3lingual

VASORAT13

Jarethgeason

ToxiKirby

NIALLERMANBUZ

x9zachattack5x

BigApe101

NiTR0--X_

RachP13

BRONZE LEAGUE

DJ-Silver

TheLastSurvivorD

KerplunkMB

ReimiSaionji9742

TheAkittaja123

Greenguy81

BlueFireReaper

Gergorymany

pureproteinman

??????

So there we have it guys! I hope you are all looking forward to S5, still got to get alot of work done before the start of the new season, but it's still looking likely that the season Will begin on November 4th, so look out for that!

• Like 1