Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

Filled out the survey and have been thinking about the League for a while now. With all the different choices, wouldn't it be better to create two separate Leagues? The Trophy Hunter's League keeps the Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze/Manganese League and while it's on a possible hiatus, a newly created league starts where entrants are reordered by their respective trophy or plat count and have to face each other twice like soccer teams do. Combine it with @Tearraven's idea of having just one big league.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that a few adjustments should be made here as well (the Top 50th completion time for example), but if too much is changing, will this league still be recognized as the THL we all know and love?

When I got interested in participating, Season 20 was about to start and the THL already had its legendary status for a long time. I knew back then that I wanted to be a part of this specific group of trophy hunters. I wanted to have fun, compete against other players, make some friends and yeah, sure, maybe win a league some day.

I don't know if the rules were ever changed before, so it might be a normal thing that occurs after every few seasons. But the way I see it, everyone that signs up to any competition agrees to the rules. Complaining afterwards or suggesting changes, because they suddenly don't like the current system anymore, is a bit odd.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm not willing to play by the rules or if I don't wanna really participate (and score 0 points every fixture), I don't even sign up to an event in the first place.

Anyway, I'm curious about the results and I'm excited for the next season :) .

Edited by Jesaya815

5 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Filled out the survey and have been thinking about the League for a while now. With all the different choices, wouldn't it be better to create two separate Leagues? The Trophy Hunter's League keeps the Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze/Manganese League and while it's on a possible hiatus, a newly created league starts where entrants are reordered by their respective trophy or plat count and have to face each other twice like soccer teams do. Combine it with @Tearraven's idea of having just one big league.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that a few adjustments should be made here as well (the Top 50th completion time for example), but if too much is changing, will this league still be recognized as the THL we all know and love?

When I got interested in participating, Season 20 was about to start and the THL already had its legendary status for a long time. I knew back then that I wanted to be a part of this specific group of trophy hunters. I wanted to have fun, compete against other players, make some friends and yeah, sure, maybe win a league some day.

I don't know if the rules were ever changed before, so it might be a normal thing that occurs after every few seasons. But the way I see it, everyone that signs up to any competition agrees to the rules. Complaining afterwards or suggesting changes, because they suddenly don't like the current system anymore, is a bit odd.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm not willing to play by the rules or if I don't wanna really participate (and score 0 points every fixture), I don't even sign up to an event in the first place.

Anyway, I'm curious about the results and I'm excited for the next season :) .

Some of the rules changes over the seasons are the things on this survey...like definitive wins never used to be a thing, it was brought in as a rules change somewhere around season 10 or 11....and as someone who used to be part of the THL from the beginning, I never liked the implementation of that, because in my mind, a win is a win, regardless of by how much.

Without giving away my choices, I voted for the things that would take THL back to its roots. I am all for improvements and tweaks, but most of the tweaks over the seasons have been largely unnecessary, in my opinion.

I understand about accepting the rules as they are, and I am with you on that. Also, don't think there have been so many rules changes that the league is unrecognizable. That is not the case. It is still awesome, but there are things about it that have differed from the beginning, and most of the complaining is coming from people who have been here for awhile, or since the beginning, and have seen that it is starting to veer towards not being the same league it once was. (That's part of the reason I have retired on 4 separate occasions.)

Completion times have been a battle since the beginning of all of this, so it is no surprise to see it is still a hot ticket item. 

Whatever is decided, I believe those should be the rules going forward. If people don't like it, there are other competitions with other rules about completion time. You can't please everyone all of the time. I am speaking for myself here though. I hold no authority over any of this. I just wanted to give perspective that there have been rules changes throughout the seasons.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 4

On 2.3.2018 at 4:44 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Some of the rules changes over the seasons are the things on this survey...like definitive wins never used to be a thing, it was brought in as a rules change somewhere around season 10 or 11....and as someone who used to be part of the THL from the beginning, I never liked the implementation of that, because in my mind, a win is a win, regardless of by how much.

Without giving away my choices, I voted for the things that would take THL back to its roots. I am all for improvements and tweaks, but most of the tweaks over the seasons have been largely unnecessary, in my opinion.

I understand about accepting the rules as they are, and I am with you on that. Also, don't think there have been so many rules changes that the league is unrecognizable. That is not the case. It is still awesome, but there are things about it that have differed from the beginning, and most of the complaining is coming from people who have been here for awhile, or since the beginning, and have seen that it is starting to veer towards not being the same league it once was. (That's part of the reason I have retired on 4 separate occasions.)

Completion times have been a battle since the beginning of all of this, so it is no surprise to see it is still a hot ticket item. 

Whatever is decided, I believe those should be the rules going forward. If people don't like it, there are other competitions with other rules about completion time. You can't please everyone all of the time. I am speaking for myself here though. I hold no authority over any of this. I just wanted to give perspective that there have been rules changes throughout the seasons.

This is good to know. Thanks a lot for clearing it up. It's very interesting that there have been a couple of changes in the past.

I get your point. It's understandable to dislike the definitive wins, especially if they weren't a part of the original rules. I think it can have pros and cons. Definitely was hard to decide between the three options.

No matter the outcome of the survey though, I hope that you're back for good this time. The league needs their passionate veterans and you're certainly one of them ;) .

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

This is good to know. Thanks a lot for clearing it up. It's very interesting that there have been a couple of changes in the past.

I get your point. It's understandable to dislike the definitive wins, especially if they weren't a part of the original rules. I think it can have pros and cons. Definitely was hard to decide between the three options.

No matter the outcome of the survey though, I hope that you're back for good this time. The league needs their passionate veterans and you're certainly one of them ;) .

Hopefully, but I can't make any promises. My job doesn't always afford me the opportunity to get on during the week, but we will see.

@Jesaya815 I completely get what you're saying and I wasn't really planning to change the league into something completely different but since there had been some ''complaints'' both in this thread and through PMs and seeing as a lot of people in the higher leagues didn't really seem to care about the league anymore like before, I felt some changes to spice things up were necessary. I didn't want to make all those decisions on my own, however, so it's great seeing all the feedback in the survey already.

On 2-3-2018 at 4:44 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Yeah, whatever is decided now won't be changed anymore. (Maybe after another 22 seasons :P.)

To everyone who hasn't filled out the survey yet: please do. It'll take less than 2 minutes of your time and it would help this league out a lot. Thanks :)!

• Like 3

SEASON 22 UPDATE:

A little over a week has passed since all confirmation messages have been sent out so the here's the list of participants as of now:

Participating:

Articuno2001

BrutalLooter 

Dessane

Dragon-Archon  

ericperez18  

GTA_Darren

HcG-_Clawz  

HeavensLightfire

Jarethgeason

Jesaya815 

LucasV9991

omar280792  

Psy-Tychist  

ReimiSaionji9742  

soultaker655

stupid0089

Tearraven  

theshywaterguy

Tsundere-Tenshi

VASORAT13 

Wdog-999

Whyfire  

xZoneHunter 

ShogunCroCop

MrUnknown625

Trophy_Prodigy

wolverine123

DEMONICRUBLE18

cjshaitan

Retiring:

bladesoframen

Boooda56 (did not respond to the confirmation message)

Derpy_Herpy_902

Enma8910

Fredoline05 (did not respond to the confirmation message)

gameoncomrade  

ganryu_pl (did not respond to the confirmation message)

HcG-_Terror (did not respond to the confirmation message)

Ichiban-Hybrid  

ihate_ray

man_with_wdjat (did not respond to the confirmation message)

MStalker58 (did not respond to the confirmation message)

NIALLERMANBUZ (did not respond to the confirmation message)

Obscure_Ale (did not respond to the confirmation message)

RalphyLDN (did not respond to the confirmation message)

ToxiKirby (did not respond to the confirmation message)

XShadowYakuzaX

This means we currently only have 28 participants left. Sign-ups are open now and we need quite a few more people to start a new season. We preferably need 40 people to start a new season so be sure to invite people who you think might be interested in joining :). Until then, I encourage everyone who's reading this and hasn't signed up yet to sign up if you're interested :D.

Edited by Lucas
cjshaitan added
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, theshywaterguy said:

If we are just short on participants, then we could cut the manganese league for a season or two.  It has been done in the past and it would put us closer to getting started again.  

The Manganese League is already gone. So we still need quite a few people ^^

• 2 weeks later...