Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 - Sign up now!

On 24/10/2022 at 0:08 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

We have joint winners with Anorak and GTA_Darren!! 

For the prize however, only one can take it home. So, with 24 hours on the clock, here is the tiebreaker:
In Season 1, what was the highest score posted by a competitor overall? (Closest wins)

Well, I didn't expect you both to guess the right answer. That complicates things.

The right answer is 1503 by THCBudz, which both @NuclearManager and @GTA_Darren guessed.

So to both of you, a much more difficult question: What is the total score of the THL before rarity was introduced? 24 hours to answer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Well, I didn't expect you both to guess the right answer. That complicates things.

The right answer is 1503 by THCBudz, which both @NuclearManager and @GTA_Darren guessed.

So to both of you, a much more difficult question: What is the total score of the THL before rarity was introduced? 24 hours to answer.

Holy heck it gonna go down to the wire

• Like 1

On 25/10/2022 at 0:49 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

What is the total score of the THL before rarity was introduced? 24 hours to answer.

This is closer than I ever expected the final part of the quiz to be.

So, here are the guesses:

@NuclearManager guesses 335,175 points earned before rarity.

@GTA_Darren guesses 334,252 points earned before rarity.

The total score of all points earned before rarity was introduced is....

339,799!!

For both guesses to be within 5000 points is impressive enough. Congraulations to Anorak for being closer by less than 950 points. I'll contact you with your prize. Congrats to GTA_Darren also for being an excellent competitor.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, NuclearManager said:

Good thing I went with the higher options of the stuff I counted :P What would you have done if we had guessed the same score again? Also, GG @GTA_Darren.

That was a intense match up! I think if you guys draw he probably would have done something like name every country that has had a compiter in the whole of the history of the thl lol 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Season 37 ended a month ago now, all is quiet in the room. The time has come to dust off the table and look at last season and plan for next season. So, here are some interesting facts from Season 37!

• 41 Platinums in Fixture 5 was the second most ever in one fixture, only behind last season and Season 19 (43)
  • @UGotHitByGunner finishes with the highest overall score for the second time, finishing in the top 4 every season so far.
  • MasterMayhem is involved in the highest scoring match for a record third time in a row.
  • @Lucas had a winning streak of 22 matches unbeaten, his highest ever streak (stopped by me).
  • It was the first CWC since Season 16 to have a whitewash in the final round.
  • TOEM was one of the only games to count for points during one fixture and the following fixture worth no points.

Something new and jingly this way comes...

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, sword-blaster45 said:

hello can i join it should be fun with friendly competition because my backlog is huge i want to do something about its my first time i join this event are all the games welcome though ?

Have a look at the first page, all the rules and info on joining and scoring is there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sword-blaster45 said:

hello can i join it should be fun with friendly competition because my backlog is huge i want to do something about its my first time i join this event are all the games welcome though ?

Welcome, I will add you to the waiting list

• Like 1

Christmas Cup

Special announcement! In a few weeks a special THL event will take place, prior to the start of season 38. During and around Christmas time, a special single-elimination THL tournament will be held to celebrate the holidays together :). All 40 participants for season 38 will automatically be entered. The winner of this Christmas Cup will earn a ticket to enter the CWC for season 38! A few basic rules for the tournament:

• Rounds will last 24 hours each. Once those 24 hours are over, all the players who lost their match-up are eliminated and the next round starts immediately.
  • 16 players will start off the tournament during the first round. After this, the remaining 24 participants will join the 8 winners of the first round. The 16 players participating in the first round will the chosen at random and be announced shortly before the tournament starts.
  • Same scoring from the main league applies to this tournament. Check 'League scoring' in the OP for more detailed information.
  • Unlike the main league and CWC, due to the fast-paced rounds and the nature of this knockout-style, once a round is over players have 15 minutes to completely sync their trophies with PSN if they haven't done so already. Trophies that are synced after this deadline will not count for their score. As long as you don't deliberately wait with syncing your trophies, this shouldn't be a problem. 
  • In the (unlikely) case of a draw, the player with the rarest trophy earned during that particular round will advance to the next round. The other player will be eliminated. In case of a 0-0 draw, both players will be eliminated and the lucky person in their bracket gets a bye for the next round. No points are required to be earned to 'win' this bye round.

Hopefully that clears up any uncertainties about this type of special event. These basic rules will be re-posted as a remainder right before the start of the cup and will also be temporarily added to the OP when the time comes. Don't hesitate to ask if there are still any questions! :D

The following players will be taking part in the Christmas Cup:

NuclearManager
LucasV9991
UGotHitByGunner
ArcticCress
Psy-Tychist
Krazy_99
X18JELLO18X
GTA_Darren
Master_Mayhem_
ApriIis
Mesopithecus
man_with_wdjat
FallacyUnknown
connman88
jermthejerm
Berendsapje
Havoc273
stupid0089
Reinachii-
Doylus91
xZoneHunter
Zephyr-pt
Syr_Rys
madbuk
ExsphereBrawler
Yunakia221
UltraDog177
KPWCORE
RedbeardRik
ShinobiMonk
TheScruffyton
UnboundedCash99
UnwaveringSoul_
serrated-banner9
IrishNelly
DEMONICRUBLE18
freddie1989
RudeDonny
gazdavis11

AffectatiousDonk

Christmas Cup schedule:

First round - December 22

Round of 32 - December 23

Round of 16 - December 24

Quarter-finals - December 25

Semi-finals - December 26

Final - December 27

Season 38 information

The main attraction, season 38, starts on December 29th. Season 38's CWC will feature five participants, four league winners and the winner of the Christmas Cup. In the scenario that the Christmas Cup winner also wins one of the four leagues, the participant who finishes in second place in that particular league gets the fifth CWC spot.

More information about season 38 to follow.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Christmas Cup

Special announcement! In a few weeks a special THL event will take place, prior to the start of season 38. During and around Christmas time, a special single-elimination THL tournament will be held to celebrate the holidays together :). All 40 participants for season 38 will automatically be entered. The winner of this Christmas Cup will earn a ticket to enter the CWC for season 38! A few basic rules for the tournament:

• Rounds will last 24 hours each. Once those 24 hours are over, all the players who lost their match-up are eliminated and the next round starts immediately.
  • 16 players will start off the tournament during the first round. After this, the remaining 24 participants will join the 8 winners of the first round. The 16 players participating in the first round will the chosen at random and be announced shortly before the tournament starts.
  • Same scoring from the main league applies to this tournament. Check 'League scoring' in the OP for more detailed information.
  • Unlike the main league and CWC, due to the fast-paced rounds and the nature of this knockout-style, once a round is over players have 15 minutes to completely sync their trophies with PSN if they haven't done so already. Trophies that are synced after this deadline will not count for their score. As long as you don't deliberately wait with syncing your trophies, this shouldn't be a problem. 
  • In the (unlikely) case of a draw, the player with the rarest trophy earned during that particular round will advance to the next round. The other player will be eliminated. In case of a 0-0 draw, both players will be eliminated and the lucky person in their bracket gets a bye for the next round. No points are required to be earned to 'win' this bye round.

Hopefully that clears up any uncertainties about this type of special event. These basic rules will be re-posted as a remainder right before the start of the cup and will also be temporarily added to the OP when the time comes. Don't hesitate to ask if there are still any questions! :D

The following players will be taking part in the Christmas Cup:

NuclearManager
LucasV9991
UGotHitByGunner
ArcticCress
Psy-Tychist
Krazy_99
X18JELLO18X
GTA_Darren
Master_Mayhem_
ApriIis
Mesopithecus
man_with_wdjat
FallacyUnknown
connman88
jermthejerm
Berendsapje
Havoc273
stupid0089
Reinachii-
Doylus91
xZoneHunter
Zephyr-pt
Syr_Rys
madbuk
ExsphereBrawler
Yunakia221
UltraDog177
KPWCORE
RedbeardRik
ShinobiMonk
TheScruffyton
UnboundedCash99
UnwaveringSoul_
serrated-banner9
IrishNelly
DEMONICRUBLE18
freddie1989
RudeDonny
gazdavis11

AffectatiousDonk

Christmas Cup schedule:

First round - December 22

Round of 32 - December 23

Round of 16 - December 24

Quarter-finals - December 25

Semi-finals - December 26

Final - December 27

Season 38 information

The main attraction, season 38, starts on December 29th. Season 38's CWC will feature five participants, four league winners and the winner of the Christmas Cup. In the scenario that the Christmas Cup winner also wins one of the four leagues, the participant who finishes in second place in that particular league gets the fifth CWC spot.

More information about season 38 to follow.

i was thinking of something like this, you read my mind lol :D now to hope i get a easy oppernt and not someone like gunner lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I have been trying to update the Stats, CWC tables and the final tables for all seasons going back to Season 3.

The Stats page has now gone back to Season 5, with a little gap between 10 and 14 which I am filling in slowly.

The CWC stats are now up to date with the newest winner @Master_Mayhem_ on the list as well as all the competitors for the past 3 CWCs.

If people want to view past tables, I will have Lucas add them to the OP.

Just under 3 weeks until the Christmas Cup, I hope to see everyone have a jolly good time!

• Like 4