Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Trailer

.......seeing as its a Platinum Games .....game.....*ahem* im not surprised by how it seems to play...then again i am really not the biggest vanquish fan so for now this seems a no for me now....but the trailer gives it a big...not, MGS feel for me, guess we will have to see

Watch that video - it sheds light on the whole RISING situation, and why it turned into what it is. It also shows that Platinum and KojPro are working rather close together on the whole thing - it's not just Platinum doing it all, so I have no real doubts it'll work out as a Metal Gear title, story wise.

Anyway, RISING was never really going to BE a "Metal Gear" in the same way SOLID has been.

You really want to play as a Cyborg Ninja with the ability to lift up GEKKOs and spin them around like they're nothing at all, hack and slash and use a sword to flip around off the ground, and fight FROGs with a sword in HIS MOUTH the same way you play Snake?

That honestly would have sucked. I'm actually quite glad they went this direction - it's a better fit for the character, by far.

My only disappointment is that the story is now set AFTER 4 [Which makes him being in the cybernetic gear make no real sense], instead of between 2 and 4 like it originally was. I understand WHY [Watch the vid above, and you'll see.], but I was hoping for an explanation story of what happened to Raiden.