Brutal Legend Glitch

Kazeh54

Just a heads up to any of you that doesn't know of this.The game has been out for a long time so some of you may know etc.

Here's the full explanation: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bruetal-legend/132753-road-map-prevent-corrupted-data.html

Basically, what's said in this post is that at a certain point, your save data will corrupt. No idea why, I saw this early and thought....well my % is fine and im having no problem. Well it managed to catch up to me right at the end. Just 6 more collectibles to do and it wiped my data and set me right to the start.

As it's an old game, EA wont bother to release a patch that fixes this. So its either risk it like I did.....or follow the link above. Which kinda sucks the fun out of it. (This is mainly for completion people I suppose)

I am putting this up as I see several people are playing it here and there. So its just a warning for all you guys that wanna beat this game.

Cheers

• Like 1

Yeah when I first saw this I checked my % and it was well above the glitch point. So I assumed I was a lucky one. Got down to just 6 things left and then I got wiped. Gonna have to follow Conceptfly's guide perfectly now. So frustrating.

Did a 4 and a half hour speedrun through this last night. Beat it and got my 100% trophy.

Just to try it out then I saved and quit, went back on and it wiped my data again. So yeah the glitch is still active. Got my trophy though so im good just gotta spwnd some fans online now and its over.

If you run into the glitch, just follow Conceptfly's guide

• 1 month later...

Yep, as my friend Kazeh54 warned me before I did my playthrough, I made sure I got everything. However, I tried re-loading and it couldn't read my save file. So there's that as well as the 78%.

Edited by TheRonamon

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I sped through the game a few days ago, after a few years since playing.

My PS3 broke, rather than the save, so I lost everything that way. I had everything but Ironheade concept art :/

But yeah, sped through and nothing happened to me until I got to 99%. I exited the game to start on Ironheade spawning in Custom and it gave me a message 'your data could not be read' or something like that. I was so worried! But I just quit the game, loaded it back up and it was fine, everything was where it should be, got the concept art, loaded up story mode and got the Metal God trophy. So lucky it didn't wipe my data!

• 4 years later...
1 minute ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

@KANERKB

You prob seen this thread but based off your status...

also another workaround would be new game + all collectables + trophies in 1 run OFFLINE no game updates. according to steam community 

ah damn well thanks I think I might do it offline no updates or anything I just hope to god it works as am juggling doing this and red factions main story done to get the last online trophy done so I can work on the other things on that and yeah brutal legends been pissing me off with this broken save file crap kind of like what happen with dead space 3 with me. thanks though for that

• Like 1