What has been your ultimate trophy game?

Brako_Version_5

Allow me to explain  my cake loving beauties.

The title is about what has been the game that you truly loved to play, as well as having a fun trophy list. No grinding required (unless that tickles your fun spot).

But in terms of excellent gameplay, gorgeous to look at, superb controls and a trophy list which offers superb challenge as well as being one of only a few that I enjoyed every single collectable. Goes to...

"Gasp"

Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Ok. YOUR TURN NEXT :D

• Like 1

I second Skyrim.  I poured hundreds of hours into it on my 360.  

Whether it's my favourite "trophy game", I'm not so sure as they're all pretty much quest/side quest related.  

Saints Row IV was pretty good.  I liked flying/jumping/boosting/sprinting/bouncing around the city looking for all those collectibles.  It's a shame that they kept taking your powers away for the actual missions in that game though.

• Like 1

There are some but I need to select one so I would say Sleeping Dogs. I loved everything about the game and I even got some of the game`s soundtracks downloaded on my phone. Guess you know now how much I love the game haha :)

Edited by Albani0310
  • Like 2

Dark Souls, by a country mile.

I went into it knowing literally nothing about the game and not even being too experienced in the genre as a whole, but I had no idea a game could be so perfectly crafted. The controls, the atmosphere, level design, combat: everything just works and I couldn't fault a single thing about it. It quickly became my favourite game of all time and since then I've loved action adventure games in general, although they all pale in comparison to Dark Souls.

Usually I only play a game until I get all the trophies/achievements and struggle enjoying it once that's done, but I couldn't put it down even after that point. There's almost a two week gap in my Xbox achievement list where I just played Dark Souls all day every day after completing it even though it's a relatively short game. It was mostly all I used my Xbox for until I switched to Playstation.

Dark Souls 2 didn't disappoint but I don't feel it has the same replayability as the original. PvP certainly seems to be more difficult to get into which might be a part of it. It's still up there on my list, though.

Never played Lollipop Chainsaw, but I really enjoyed getting the 1k on Shadows of the Damned.

When it comes to trophies that require you to level up. I think devs need to learn from Bethesda, especially when it comes to Fallout and Elder Scrolls. These games off so much gameplay, that you forget all about your level until a particular trophy pops and you like ' oh cool I'm level 30', Where as great game like Darksiders tend to suffer from great gaming straight to tedious grinding because there's not enough stuff in a playthrough to level up properly without farming.

Another great game with a great trophy list was Hitman: Absolution. I really enjoyed the main game, but then going back and doing all the challenge and secret move stuff really opened up the game. So much so that my next playthrough was near perfect due to learning so much from the challenges etc.