What has been your ultimate trophy game?

Brako_Version_5

Far Cry 3

Sleeping Dogs

Grand Theft Auto V

Assassins Creed IV : Black Flag

Mafia 2

Saints Row : The Third

Uncharted 3

Call of Duty : Black Ops

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I'll say Metal Gear Solid 4 and Demons Souls. Both games were fun and offered a challenge without feeling cheap. If you messed up in Demons Souls you died. If you messed up in MGS4 on your Big Boss run you get spotted. These games are easily in my top 5 of all time and two of my proudest platinum trophies.

Fallout_3_cover_art.png

Fallout 3

Bethesda Game Studios, 2008

As my favourite game of "last gen" (The Last Of Us is my No.2) and my personal all-time favourite (so far), I enjoyed Fallout 3 so much that I constantly revisited it over the years. So much so that from more than seven full playthroughs, I've played it for at least 700 hours.

It also has the distinction of being the only game that I've fully platinum'd/100%'d twice, and represents the only time I haven't minded getting trophies for a second time.

Fallout 3's trophy set isn't particularly challenging (no difficulty trophies + they make you see a lot of the game-world!), but manages to still be enticing enough that you actually want to go after them (even if you aren't a trophy hunter/completionist); not to mention how lovely and unique the trophy images are, including the platinum, which I use as my forum avatar here and around the web!

Aside from the usual suite of Bethesdian glitches and freezes (I am mostly patient regarding the latter), 3's gameplay is still decent enough in 2014 that it isn't boring. V.A.T.S still never gets old and props up the admittedly clunky real-time action admirably. Despite a story campaign considered inferior to New Vegas' story (and it kind of is, but is perfectly adequate), what 3 really excels at, for me at least is the environmental story-telling. I love (open-world) games where every little location or cluster of items has a history you can pick together and to me at least, 3 does this best.

Now matter how many times I replay it, it's always refreshing to get back to the wasteland, I highly recommend trying it!

That title would have to go to the one game to get me into trophy hunting in the first place:

Arkham City

I actually played city before Asylum (oops) and i feel that it did trophies almost perfectly. To get the platinum you had to truly experience everything the game has to offer, which is what all trophy lists should be aimed at. Missable collectibles and things alike only pull you out of the experience and a good trophy list enhances the experience instead of slowing it down or distorting it. Yeah there was also challenge mode, but i'll let that slip by for how great the rest was :D

Jak 1

Jak II

Jak 3

Jak 1

Jak II

Jak 3

Sly 1

Sly 1

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Ratchet: Deadlocked

Sonic Unleashed brought some frustration, but it was so satisfying finally finishing a tough challenge that I'll leave it on this list.

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Tomb Raider: Underworld

WipEout HD

I agree with about 95% of the above comments. The game I'd add that I haven't seen yet would be Borderlands. Trophies aren't too hard, encourage co-op play as well as trying out all the characters. Plus it's just fun. Honorable Mentions for me would be Prototype 1 + 2, 

Persona 4 Golden - Got it Febuary last year and beat it 5 times, currently on 6th playthrough and close to my my second P4G plat. My proudest platinums.

Sonic Generations - Such an amazing game and we needed a good PS3 Sonic game and Generations certainly delivered! A pleasure to plat!

Assassin's Creed II - Best in the series and a pleasure to complete it again. (ACII was the first game I 1000/1000 on the 360)

Infamous Second Son - First Infamous game I played and I had a very fun time going for the plat. I normally don't like playing a game again as soon as I've beaten it but I just had to with Second Son.

Edited by Venocide

Save file corrupted, didn't make a pack-up earlier so I slept very angry that night. I had a day off the next day, I was already done with finishing the game on brutal "hard" difficulty, just had to collect the other 50% of the collectables and believe me, THEY ARE MANY AND HARD TO FIND! So I used that day off and started the game on easy so I can finish it again to collect everything from 0% to 100% to get the "Metal God" trophy, meaning I had to find all of the collectables and finish all the side missions.. and so I did, I've started playing from 10AM until 2AM all in one go without taking a break so that the save file do not corrupt again.. and I finally got the platinum after grinding the 50 online wins, and I was so proud of myself because I've got the platinum of my favorite game after 2 years of first time playing it. I LOVE TIM SCHAFER, I LOVE JACK BLACK.. I LOVE HEAVY METAL!

256px-BrutalLegendCover.jpg

Allow me to explain  my cake loving beauties.

The title is about what has been the game that you truly loved to play, as well as having a fun trophy list. No grinding required (unless that tickles your fun spot).

But in terms of excellent gameplay, gorgeous to look at, superb controls and a trophy list which offers superb challenge as well as being one of only a few that I enjoyed every single collectable. Goes to...

"Gasp"

Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Ok. YOUR TURN NEXT :D

i just turned on this game for the first time :o

Jak 1

Jak II

Jak 3

Jak 1

Jak II

Jak 3

Sly 1

Sly 1

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Ratchet: Deadlocked

Sonic Unleashed brought some frustration, but it was so satisfying finally finishing a tough challenge that I'll leave it on this list.

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Tomb Raider: Legend

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Tomb Raider: Underworld

WipEout HD

i never thought much of ratchet deadlocked at first (the first few challenges are crappy)

but i gave it a try and platted it within days. then later i went back and now i have lvl 99 on everything ans its still fun :D one of my favorite ratchet and clanks. (i have platted all but all4one)

Persona 4 Golden - Got it Febuary last year and beat it 5 times, currently on 6th playthrough and close to my my second P4G plat. My proudest platinums.

Sonic Generations - Such an amazing game and we needed a good PS3 Sonic game and Generations certainly delivered! A pleasure to plat!

Assassin's Creed II - Best in the series and a pleasure to complete it again. (ACII was the first game I 1000/1000 on the 360)

Infamous Second Son - First Infamous game I played and I had a very fun time going for the plat. I normally don't like playing a game again as soon as I've beaten it but I just had to with Second Son.

for infamous 2, i beat it 3 or four times and got the plat and still wanted more :) that games controls or so superb

Ratchet and Clank, A Crack In Time.

Was also my first plat.

ahhh what a joy this one was

Hands down, Okami HD. My favorite platinum of all time. Seriously, you're missing out if you haven't played this!

THIS! Yes you are missing out big time if you havent played this game one of the best remakes that has been made 

The trophy list is simple 

The gameplay is amazing

And the Story is heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time

I loved the game from start to finish 10/10.