Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

If anyone sees this that ends up playing me in tournaments just know that I'm NOT throwing the first match anymore.

I know there isn't necessarily communication between EVERYONE to agree in the chat or not beforehand so that's on me to trust other people but my last match I purposefully let someone win very obviously and kinda expected it in return in the second match but they played it straight up.

Again the person didn't say anything prior, I didn't say anything prior, and they probably aren't even from here anyway but I guess common sense/courtesy isn't obvious on the internet.

So fair warning if anyone recognizes my name in a match for these tournaments. I'm playing first match legit, if I win I will throw the second match as intended, and legit the third match anyway. I'm no longer going to expect things from people, so if I lose the first match and they don't throw the second then so be it, it is what it is.

26 minutes ago, zeth07 said:

Again the person didn't say anything prior, I didn't say anything prior, and they probably aren't even from here anyway but I guess common sense/courtesy isn't obvious on the internet.

Man, sorry but no, only trophy hunters are interested in one measly win in this tournaments, people want to win the full round and advance. It's not common sense to throw a match like that and expect the other to do the same... Only do that if you have previously talked about it.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Man, sorry but no, only trophy hunters are interested in one measly win in this tournaments, people want to win the full round and advance. It's not common sense to throw a match like that and expect the other to do the same... Only do that if you have previously talked about it.

I mean like I said that's my fault for expecting anything. But I like how you purposefully removed the other word I posted along with that, which was courtesy.

And even if they weren't "trophy hunters" everyone knows why people are doing the tournaments, no one is doing that shit on purpose just to win a paltry amount of kudos they are doing it for the wins which is for the trophies...... They also entered the Silver-Gold league on a Gold character when they have 2 Master characters, so saying "only trophy hunters are interested" sure makes it seem like maybe just maybe they were in fact in it for the trophies. 🤷‍♂️

They even said in the chat after the set "Thanks for the first match win.", like come on.

And if someone throws the first match, very obviously, expecting that in return shouldn't be so farfetched even without communicating it when losing one match doesn't matter when they already won the first one. We're not talking about a real damn tournament, there's nothing on the line. But again, it is what it is.

"I'm not mad, just disappointed."

Edited by zeth07

7 minutes ago, zeth07 said:

I mean like I said that's my fault for expecting anything. But I like how you purposefully removed the other word I posted along with that, which was courtesy.

And even if they weren't "trophy hunters" everyone knows why people are doing the tournaments, no one is doing that shit on purpose just to win a paltry amount of kudos they are doing it for the wins which is for the trophies...... They also entered the Silver-Gold league on a Gold character when they have 2 Master characters, so saying "only trophy hunters are interested" sure makes it seem like maybe just maybe they were in fact in it for the trophies. 🤷‍♂️

They even said in the chat after the set "Thanks for the first match win.", like come on.

And if someone throws the first match, very obviously, expecting that in return shouldn't be so farfetched even without communicating it when losing one match doesn't matter when they already won the first one. We're not talking about a real damn tournament, there's nothing on the line. But again, it is what it is.

"I'm not mad, just disappointed."

Trophy hunters aren't the center of the world, tournaments are not there only for trophies, 90% of people doesnt CARE about trophies, so you throwing a match like that is just an easy win for them...

People smurfing on multiplayer online is a common practice of trolls on every online game, they are not just doing it for trophies, there is people so empty that enjoy destroying new people, thats all.

So irritated with this. The very first tournament I entered, I did Diamond/Platinum league and I get matched up with a Master rank player and lose. 

So because a Master got entered into that league, I assume it's okay to rank up, so I hit master rank with my main on Monday. Now I try enter the tournament and I can't do it because I'm not in the right league. So now I have to rush to do placement matches with another character I've never played, lose them all hoping I'd get a lower rank, still get put in Platinum, and then lose 0-2 because I don't know how to play the character. 🙃

15 minutes ago, Vaughn_Johnson said:

God I'm so sick of losing the first round of these

Same here. Already did 5 tournaments and still 5 wins to go. Lose to a 3000PL Chun Li 2-0 and I lose hard. The player have like 16k respect points so I suspect him to be a much higher rank player but chose a low ranked one for tourneys. Very frustrating because now we'll have to wait until Saturday to "maybe" having a chance to win 1~2 matches.

2 more wins tonight. Should have been 3 but I completely blew it on the 1 match. I had a half bar of health left and they were 1 hit away from being KOed but could not get a hit in. Guess I was too aggressive trying to get that last hit.

Edited by lordzeze

11 minutes ago, SoYoung said:

Same here. Already did 5 tournaments and still 5 wins to go. Lose to a 3000PL Chun Li 2-0 and I lose hard. The player have like 16k respect points so I suspect him to be a much higher rank player but chose a low ranked one for tourneys. Very frustrating because now we'll have to wait until Saturday to "maybe" having a chance to win 1~2 matches.

Also 5 left for me. I just want this over with at this point. Not fun at all anymore

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lionheart_811 said:

So irritated with this. The very first tournament I entered, I did Diamond/Platinum league and I get matched up with a Master rank player and lose. 

So because a Master got entered into that league, I assume it's okay to rank up, so I hit master rank with my main on Monday. Now I try enter the tournament and I can't do it because I'm not in the right league. So now I have to rush to do placement matches with another character I've never played, lose them all hoping I'd get a lower rank, still get put in Platinum, and then lose 0-2 because I don't know how to play the character. 🙃

You might have to wait until there’s an open phase 1 tournament again to play with your main, everyone can enter those regardless of rank.

Actual masters can’t enter the diamond tournaments with their mains, they must have been masters with a different character than the one they entered the tournament with.

Maybe they were diamond 5 when they signed up and made it to masters in the hour before the tournament started but I’m not even sure if the game allows you to play ranked while waiting for the tournament to start so it’s highly unlikely lol.

5/5 tournament joined, 5/10 matches won.

I'm in a loop that when I join a tournament, I don't have time to train and when I start end smashed by opponent, and when I have time to lab and I am ready, as soon as tourney starts, suddenly there's a disconnection.

Yeah now they work compared to last month, but there's still that chance of disconnection that shouldn't happen at this point.

Of course, I won't give up and I want that last trophy. But I prefer doing it legit, there's no fun if I boost victories.

Good luck to everyone still trying 💪🏻

I won my first tournament last night, had to fight 2 Master Rank players to win the whole thing (It was a Silver/Gold league tournament too). Got incredibly lucky, it was last game last round in the final. So that is 10 wins, but now I have to join 4 more tournaments. I think Capcom screwed up here not having a loser's bracket. You lose first round and are stuck sitting around for 40+ minutes for the tournament to end. Also, it's odd that you get literally nothing for playing other than 200 kudos. I expected at least a title or drive tickets for placing top 3, at least something for winning the whole thing. I can't wait for these trophies to be over with. Tournament mode has spoiled the experience a bit. 

Was rewatching my tournament runs and completely forgot that this one JP player made it to Semi-Finals and just gave up on the last round of the second match. 

Look fellow trophy hunters. I 1000% get the desperation or relief to get that plat but have some self-respect and play the set out. Unless the baby is crying or the Doordash order just arrived, don't throw the game out of salt.

You can tell who played through World Tour mode or not. Those that did took those characters advices to heart. You're going to take Ls but it's about making that a source of your anime power up.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Also if you run into KomakiTigerDrop during a non-Drive Ticket tournament, that's me. 

Just do something weird like round start mash jab or "teabag" so I know it's someone from here still trying to get the plat. I'll throw you a free round.

Edited by tokyobassist

4 hours ago, Cinderkin said:

I won my first tournament last night, had to fight 2 Master Rank players to win the whole thing (It was a Silver/Gold league tournament too). Got incredibly lucky, it was last game last round in the final. So that is 10 wins, but now I have to join 4 more tournaments. I think Capcom screwed up here not having a loser's bracket. You lose first round and are stuck sitting around for 40+ minutes for the tournament to end. Also, it's odd that you get literally nothing for playing other than 200 kudos. I expected at least a title or drive tickets for placing top 3, at least something for winning the whole thing. I can't wait for these trophies to be over with. Tournament mode has spoiled the experience a bit. 

I don't know what you mean when you said that you have to wait 40+ minutes if you lose because I lose often in the first 2 turns and the tournament immediately end for me after that with my 200 kudos and trophy progression correctly up to date.

4 hours ago, rb8gem9 said:

Is there an online resource with tournament & registration times? 

Actually yeah. It's here ADMINISTRATIVE INFO | Buckler's Boot Camp | STREET FIGHTER 6 | CAPCOM

2 hours ago, SoYoung said:

I don't know what you mean when you said that you have to wait 40+ minutes if you lose because I lose often in the first 2 turns and the tournament immediately end for me after that with my 200 kudos and trophy progression correctly up to date.

Well it was my first tournament, so I may have misspoken, everyone who lost, was still in the lobby with us until the end. I guess you can leave at any time and still get your credit. Thought you had to wait it all out.