Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

3 hours ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

To confirm, if the league's attendee not enough 32 players & the system pairing you with no one for ROUND 1, you will advance to next round, this count 1 ROUND WIN........or 2 ROUND WIN....or NOT COUNTING ANY WIN AT ALL?

counted as 0 for me. twice.

9 minutes ago, SoYoung said:

As expected, lose 2-0 in first round by a pro Ryu. This is a total waste of time.

yep. and capcom havent updated the tournaments for this upcoming week so who even knows if any happen for awhile

Edited by Infected Elite

Unless you are really good / high rank there isn't much point in entering the OPEN tournaments except for the 5 tournament participation trophy. Which considering how hard it is to get 10 wins if you aren't good anyway then you'll likely need to enter 5 or more Ranked separated tournaments so you would get that eventually without entering the Open ones.

I'm ranked Silver and probably Platinum skill level but got smoked 0-2 to a 2bar Master Cammy in the open tournament. It's legit a waste of time if aren't that good. UNLESS you get incredibly lucky and matched up with other lower ranked opponents.

So I guess it's a judgment call for whether it'll be a worth your time or not.

2 minutes ago, zeth07 said:

Unless you are really good / high rank there isn't much point in entering the OPEN tournaments except for the 5 tournament participation trophy. Which considering how hard it is to get 10 wins if you aren't good anyway then you'll likely need to enter 5 or more Ranked separated tournaments so you would get that eventually without entering the Open ones.

I'm ranked Silver and probably Platinum skill level but got smoked 0-2 to a 2bar Master Cammy in the open tournament. It's legit a waste of time if aren't that good. UNLESS you get incredibly lucky and matched up with other lower ranked opponents.

So I guess it's a judgment call for whether it'll be a worth your time or not.

Capcom just needs to have sign ups every hour, and a 30min wait, not 60min. So you can sign up, do a tournament. win or lose when its done, sign up for another.

But no, they have a stupid schedule. Not to mention it took them 3.... 3 fucking months to fix this shit to be at a mostly playable level.

Edited by Infected Elite

12 minutes ago, SoYoung said:

As expected, lose 2-0 in first round by a pro Ryu. This is a total waste of time.

Exact same happened to me. 28/32 was full of Rookie-Bronze, 2 were Gold, 1 Diamond, 1 Master Rank.

I got paired with the Master Rank on my first match. 

I really can't be mad since it's an open tournament, but man my luck fucking sucks. If I even started in a different group, I would have been done with this trophy by now. Just need 4 wins and with that many newbies it was very much possible. But of course, RNG fucked me over once again.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Managed to snag the Platinum today. I'm actually sick with bronchitis lol so I was able to participate in 5 tournaments between two days. Which wasn't so bad on United States ET hours. I'm a Silver-Platinum range player with all of the characters I like to play as. Mostly stuck to the Silver-Gold tournament brackets and managed to snag 8 out of the 10 wins needed for the Gold Trophy. If you're mildly decent at the game, accumulating the wins isn't difficult in your ranking (especially if you're a high level Gold player going up against lower tier silvers). 

The Phase 1 tournaments for the month are definitely where things get up in the air because you can be playing any skill level. The first two I did today I lost on round one and the third one I managed to win the full set an get the platinum. Overall, decided to do it this weekend and managed to do it so it's not that hard. If you have fighting game fundamentals, it naturally helps, i'm certainly nothing higher than platinum but i stayed far away from those tournaments.

Edited by GentleJordy
grammar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GentleJordy said:

Managed to snag the Platinum today. I'm actually sick with bronchitis lol so I was able to participate in 5 tournaments between two days. Which wasn't so bad on United States ET hours. I'm a Silver-Platinum range player with all of the characters I like to play as. Mostly stuck to the Silver-Gold tournament brackets and managed to snag 8 out of the 10 wins needed for the Gold Trophy. If you're mildly decent at the game, accumulating the wins isn't difficult in your ranking (especially if you're a high level Gold player going up against lower tier silvers). 

The Phase 1 tournaments for the month are definitely where things get up in the air because you can be playing any skill level. The first two I did today I lost on round one and the third one I managed to win the full set an get the platinum. Overall, decided to do it this weekend and managed to do it so it's not that hard. If you have fighting game fundamentals, it naturally helps, i'm certainly nothing higher than platinum but i stayed far away from those tournaments.

It's easy to say "it's not that hard" when you're a platinum player and you unlock the trophy in only 2 days. Even with fundamentals, there's games you're better than others and some of then that you just can't reach out those high ranks. Platinum players and up are the top players of the game. Also, it's known that lower rank restricted tourneys were flooded by higher rank players who chose a low rank character to win them all. 

As much as I like this game, the ranking system is pretty bad. There should be having an overall rank system instead of one for each characters and players should continue to earn rank points during tournaments to avoid those scrubs liking to hijack low level tournaments so this way they couldn't do this forever. On top of that, it seems we don't have any tournaments for the rest of this week at the earliest. So no, this trophy is one of the most annoying one I have to deal with in years and its definitively an hard one to get for a good bunch of players.

Edited by SoYoung

32 minutes ago, SoYoung said:

There should be having an overall rank system instead of one for each characters and players should continue to earn rank points during tournaments to avoid those scrubs liking to hijack low level tournaments so this way they couldn't do this forever.

There shouldn't be a a overall rank system, because that's discourages learning any new characters. That was universally hated in SF V and that's why it's the way it is now.  One god forsaken mode shouldn't dictate how ranked system works overall. Most people do not care about tournaments and the most people who DO only care because of a trophy.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Akrioz said:

There shouldn't be a a overall rank system, because that's discourages learning any new characters. That was universally hated in SF V and that's why it's the way it is now.  One god forsaken mode shouldn't dictate how ranked system works overall. Most people do not care about tournaments and the most people who DO only care because of a trophy.

There doesn't need to be a "visible" overall rank system, but it is highly likely there is a hidden MMR still happening or maybe just a broad spectrum to be placed into such as the selection at the start.

Even within the current ranked system if you already have placements on a character it will influence the next character you do rankings with. The current ranked system still has its own flaws with the Master / MR system anyway.

Much like the thing you pick when first starting the game, I have to imagine they group people like that on the backend as a baseline even with new characters. Like if you hit Master you're put into the Advanced bucket or something. Then when you play a new character you are still in the Advanced bucket but you can maybe lose more often and it'll put you into the Intermediate bucket with that character besides your ranked placement. Then it could just average out whatever you are doing across all characters to determine your overall "skill level".

Who knows what they are actually doing but that would make sense to me at least, because then people aren't discouraged seeing a number/rank go up or down with new characters but internally they have a general idea of your actual skill.

spacer.png

To be clear this wouldn't just be based on "Ranked" like it shows, but the actual overall aspect hidden from everyone. I'm ranked Silver but likely Platinum skill level so it could put me into the Advanced pool on the backend and just not let me fight against lower rankeds in tournaments or something if they actually balanced them this way instead.

They should probably add another tier for "Pro" or something though for the Master and above.

Edited by zeth07
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GentleJordy said:

Your welcome

On 9/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, Infected Elite said:

when does capcom normally update tournament schedule?

They updated the calendar just now, unfortunately it doesn't look like this month will be getting any more tournaments since there's a new event taking its place. Looks like a Japanese snack collab event of some sorts. Sucks but yeah.

7 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

They updated the calendar just now, unfortunately it doesn't look like this month will be getting any more tournaments since there's a new event taking its place. Looks like a Japanese snack collab event of some sorts. Sucks but yeah.

yeah i saw that too. They truly have some idiotic staff. Why wouldn't they want to run tournaments every week? ugh

SF6 had the best launch the whole series get since their glory days, but post launch is a desaster so far. Why they couldn't bring tournaments every week? They took 3 months to finally bring them to the game just to take them out one week later with no idea when they'll return? Completely stupid. And I didn't mention the poor fighting pass prizes, always the same daily/weekly/monthly challenges, new costumes takes forever to comes, lobby multiplayers (not battle hub) are still broken etc etc etc.

Edited by SoYoung

On 9/11/2023 at 9:30 AM, SoYoung said:

It's easy to say "it's not that hard" when you're a platinum player and you unlock the trophy in only 2 days. Even with fundamentals, there's games you're better than others and some of then that you just can't reach out those high ranks. Platinum players and up are the top players of the game. Also, it's known that lower rank restricted tourneys were flooded by higher rank players who chose a low rank character to win them all. 

As much as I like this game, the ranking system is pretty bad. There should be having an overall rank system instead of one for each characters and players should continue to earn rank points during tournaments to avoid those scrubs liking to hijack low level tournaments so this way they couldn't do this forever. On top of that, it seems we don't have any tournaments for the rest of this week at the earliest. So no, this trophy is one of the most annoying one I have to deal with in years and its definitively an hard one to get for a good bunch of players

Platinum 1 is the most populated rank in the game lol 

Stop complaining and focus on actually getting better at the game, you should be thankful they didn’t put a trophy for at least reaching plat.

Edited by iFraaN97
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

Platinum 1 is the most populated rank in the game lol 

Stop complaining and focus on actually getting better at the game, you should be thankful they didn’t put a trophy for at least reaching plat.

Most people complain here not about the trophy itself, but that the tournaments are incredibly inconsistent. If tournaments would be held 3 times every day, that is fine.

We didn't have tournaments for 3 months, then had them for a week and now they're gone for rest of the month it seems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 11:18 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Tournaments are back on October 2! Instead of League separated tournaments I guess we're getting...Chipotle Bracket Tournaments? 😂 

At least it runs for like 18 days for the entirety of the month. There are 3 phase 1/free for all tournaments on some weekends as well. Then a Battlehub Grand Prix Tournament for two days (don't know what this will be). Hopefully these Chipotle daily tournaments count towards trophy.

oC755kZ.png

For what I see, only the finals will not be free for all users, right? I’m still disappointed these tournaments won’t be rank restricted, it will be difficult to even win one set but at least we’ll having around 18 days to do it. In my case I only have to get 4 more wins. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lordryuuken said:

Entered a tournament just now, jobbed 2 straight matches against a Platinum player on the very first round.

If you're not a god at the game and like RNG, this month may be a good one to try and get that 10 tournament match wins trophy.

Even if it was just a week, last month was way better for the 10 wins trophy with the rank restricted tourneys. Every no restrictions tournaments I join so far I was matched against platinum and up players when I'm just a Silver player at best. Tonight was even more worse with a Master opponent in the very first round. With less and less new players around, it could be very difficult to get this one for the average player this month.

Got the platinum finally. I legit started having dreams about SF6 tournaments last month lmao. Glad that's over with. Although I kinda want to do the PS5 version as well. Do we know if the tournament wins carry over if you save transfer? If it does and it's just 1 more tournament win to re-pop the trophy then I might. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1