Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

2 hours ago, ReoJee said:

Will you be participating today later in tournament?

Yeah but on the tournament that is held at 23:00 due to work.

I will participate on all tournaments at this time except weekends where I can participate on 16:00 as well.

Hope luck is with me because on previous tournament I had to fight a beginner and he left and I went to the next round where I fought with a master honda:(

Edited by s_a_s_u_k_e

6 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

Yeah but on the tournament that is held at 23:00 due to work.

I will participate on all tournaments at this time except weekends where I can participate on 16:00 as well.

Hope luck is with me because on previous tournament I had to fight a beginner and he left and I went to the next round where I fought with a master honda:(

Well, if i see you, i will give you 1 round, you can give 1 to me and 3rd one we go for real then.

lol, again matched with a diamond ken, and the guy was from japan...on a north america server...great... For the first time ever since launch, I "rage quit" and close the game before it finish. I had zero chance with all those combos and all...seriously, this is I think the worst fun trophy I've ever try to do. I'm at a point that I'll just skip this and move on.

7 minutes ago, SoYoung said:

lol, again matched with a diamond ken, and the guy was from japan...on a north america server...great... For the first time ever since launch, I "rage quit" and close the game before it finish. I had zero chance with all those combos and all...seriously, this is I think the worst fun trophy I've ever try to do. I'm at a point that I'll just skip this and move on.

This trophy is complicated, specially when you are not paired with people on your rank. Either way you get really lucky and get somebody who is not too good, or you end up pairing with a Master or Diamond rank xD. Either way, you still need to learn how to play the game at least on a decent level, so IMHO, no way this game is a 3/10 difficulty xD.  

• Like 1

Normally I don’t care losing and I’m all in to be better but you can’t Lear or enjoy a game when the gap is too high between you and your opponent. The ranking system is great for matching you with someone at your level or slightly higher but I don’t understand the goal of those « all in » tournaments. 

11 hours ago, Akrioz said:

The other problem with this trophy is that I would like to participate for fun, but I feel guilt for possibly denying someone his chance at a trophy.

Whats your rank?
Id say that only those in rookie or iron are the ones trying to earn the trophy. The rest should be playing legit to see what happens. That's my theory at least.

F@@@@@@@@@@ck.

needed 2 wins and I got with a player on same skill level and managed to get 1st win and he got the 2nd and on the 3rd we were 1-1 and we were both at 15% life and he won😔

Need 1 more and I hope to find again someone at my level because I want to finish with this game.

At least I will be able to try a lot of times before tournaments go out for this month.

35 minutes ago, lordryuuken said:

I got a question - for the 10 tournament wins, is it each match-set (best of 3) that you win or 10 total wins within tournament mode (as in winning a set, as in two matches out of three, means two wins towards the tally)?

Each matchset counts. So if you lose 2-1, you still get one win.

4 wins left for me, managed to get two, matched against same skill level in first, later demolition by a master

8 hours ago, SoYoung said:

Normally I don’t care losing and I’m all in to be better but you can’t Lear or enjoy a game when the gap is too high between you and your opponent. The ranking system is great for matching you with someone at your level or slightly higher but I don’t understand the goal of those « all in » tournaments. 

lol its always funny when they say, well try. you never know. Pretty sure when someone is a Master vs Silver or lower its a very one sided affair 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReoJee said:

Each matchset counts. So if you lose 2-1, you still get one win.

4 wins left for me, managed to get two, matched against same skill level in first, later demolition by a master

Okay so this trophy will be slightly less of a nightmare than I was thinking.

2 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

Whats your rank?

Platinum 2, but the current tournaments aren't separated by league.

1 minute ago, lordryuuken said:

Okay so this trophy will be slightly less of a nightmare than I was thinking.

If it was a tournament wins I wouldn't even attempt it, tbh. It would be too tedious and nerve wrecking.

Yesterday finally can play a match despite last month attend twice with end result is being kick by server because fail to matching up with opponent, what a long waiting.

However, 1st match matching me with a Master rank of Japan dude's Ken............feel like my long waiting for an hour with join in to be the training sandbag for him.......not even give a any chance at all, guess is my bad luck. 😭

Hopefully won't take forever to achieve the platinum. 😔

Btw, did anyone know if you achieve the platinum on PS4 version & transfer the save to PS5 version, is it this tourny related trophies had to re-do all over again? Or just simply attend once & straight away unlock "Attend 1 & 5 times" trophies & win 1 more round to pop the "Win 10 matches" trophy? I was stupid to dig a grave in the starting point. While the game launching, I simply play both version to pop all other trophies without realize the tourny trophies will give a hell of ride to achieve. 😭

39 minutes ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

Yesterday finally can play a match despite last month attend twice with end result is being kick by server because fail to matching up with opponent, what a long waiting.

However, 1st match matching me with a Master rank of Japan dude's Ken............feel like my long waiting for an hour with join in to be the training sandbag for him.......not even give a any chance at all, guess is my bad luck. 😭

Btw, did anyone know if you achieve the platinum on PS4 version & transfer the save to PS5 version, is it this tourny related trophies had to re-do all over again? Or just simply attend once & straight away unlock "Attend 1 & 5 times" trophies & win 1 more round to pop the "Win 10 matches" trophy? I was stupid to dig a grave in the starting point. While the game launching, I simply play both version to pop all other trophies without realize the tourny trophies will give a hell of ride to achieve. 😭

Updated my post about auto-popping trophies recently, I was able to pop both the "Participate in 1 Tournament" and "Participate in 5 Tournaments" together so I'm most certain that you can get the 10 Tournament match wins trophy on PS5 by transferring your most recent save file and just winning 1 more match. 

Edited by Piro

44 minutes ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

I can confirm you only need to participate in one more tournament and win one fight to earn all 3 trophies related.

17 hours ago, Akrioz said:

The other problem with this trophy is that I would like to participate for fun, but I feel guilt for possibly denying someone his chance at a trophy.

Don't feel bad at all. Trophies should be earned, not given away to everyone. 

5 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

Whats your rank?
Id say that only those in rookie or iron are the ones trying to earn the trophy. The rest should be playing legit to see what happens. That's my theory at least.

That's absolutely not true. I wasn't even trying and I placed gold 3. 

I earned every win, and even won the first tournament that didn't disconect on me. I did play mr nice guy and let the dude win as soon as I popped the plat, but nobody should feel obligated to.

I'm not unsympathetic to people being frustrated with losing, but open tournaments aren't for you if you don't have strong fundamentals and experience at SF6. Be patient and rank matched tournaments will come up again. 

At least I won my first set tonight VS a beginner and lose on the second round against a gold Zangief. I could win at least one match but I"ve never been good against Zang. So, just 2 more wins and I'm done with this. Finally I begin to see the finish line on this!

3 minutes ago, MinamalTypos said:

Lost both matches tonight, but it wasn't a complete blowup like yesterday.

IMO, the worst part of this trophy is the waiting you have to do for your next chance. 

The positive way when I think about it is at least we got respect points for playing at least one match per day at a cabinet and those just for playing lol

42 minutes ago, SoYoung said:

At least I won my first set tonight VS a beginner and lose on the second round against a gold Zangief. I could win at least one match but I"ve never been good against Zang. So, just 2 more wins and I'm done with this. Finally I begin to see the finish line on this!

Zangief is a headache. Take a baseball bat and cave his skull in. lol