Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

5 hours ago, Piro said:

Updated my post about auto-popping trophies recently, I was able to pop both the "Participate in 1 Tournament" and "Participate in 5 Tournaments" together so I'm most certain that you can get the 10 Tournament match wins trophy on PS5 by transferring your most recent save file and just winning 1 more match. 

5 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

I can confirm you only need to participate in one more tournament and win one fight to earn all 3 trophies related.

Were these achieved by doing the trophies in the PS4 version, using the Save Import in the options of the PS5 version, then playing one more tournament match? Or was a Save Import not required?

For both Trophy counters in the PS5 version, did the 5 Tournament one just shoot from 0/5  to 5/5 Unlock when winning or just participating in one match on the PS5 version? And same for did the 10 Matches trophy go from 0/10 to being unlocked upon match win?

I'm just trying to figure out whether to bother going back and doing PS4 version or just stick with PS5 version

1 hour ago, LeonDCHeart said:

Were these achieved by doing the trophies in the PS4 version, using the Save Import in the options of the PS5 version, then playing one more tournament match? Or was a Save Import not required?

For both Trophy counters in the PS5 version, did the 5 Tournament one just shoot from 0/5  to 5/5 Unlock when winning or just participating in one match on the PS5 version? And same for did the 10 Matches trophy go from 0/10 to being unlocked upon match win?

I'm just trying to figure out whether to bother going back and doing PS4 version or just stick with PS5 version

I think I've read somewhere that online statistics (like number of fights/wins, likes etc) are saved server side and not locally and even if you do it on PS5 first, those trophies can pop op on PS4 version by doing the same thing but only once, so for exemple playing just one online game will unlock both the one and the 100th one or like you said, playing just one tournament will unlock both trophies etc. I started the game with the PS5 version because I think its a little odd wanting to play an inferior version first by choice just for the hope of auto-popping, but I'll probably do the PS4 version down the road if the online trophies can be unlocked like I've said above.

Edited by SoYoung

1 hour ago, LeonDCHeart said:

Obtain both tournament participation trophies and 10 tournament win trophies on PS4, then import the save to PS5 version and then participate in just 1 tournament and win 1 tournament match. Your offline and online stats are saved on the server side so no need to do everything from the start again. 

More information can be found on the post I referred to: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/145089-auto-pop/?do=findComment&comment=2788239

• Like 1

13 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

I can confirm you only need to participate in one more tournament and win one fight to earn all 3 trophies related.

Good to know, thanks for the info. 😁

But sadly today the tourny I attend is lagging. 🥲

I don't even manage to get in a single fight but being kick out on Best of 8.....how irony for wasting another time to this shitty win 10 match trophy. 😂

Round 1, 32 attendee but turn out 29 show up in Asia Server 20, opponent auto dismiss upon matchmaking started. 🥲

Before Round 2 started, I try to watching another team of opponent tourny match, after the P1 get 1 win. I was kick out from the viewing scene....and system auto make my avatar sitting on the empty chair, up in the air.......and eventually when Round 2 started, my opponent dismiss....again. 🙄

Edited by Stevieboy

Update: Participated in my fifth tournament and scored 3 match wins. First two came from Round 1 beating a Gold rank 2-0 (my Ryu is currently Silver), but the second round was where I lost to a Diamond-rank Zangief, and oddly enough after he beat me in the first match of the set, he basically let me win the second match before squashing me on the third. Maybe he had a feeling I didn't get the tournament win trophy yet.

Adding four wins I got in an Iron-rank tournament last month, I have at least seven wins now before I get that trophy, and it's one of two left that I need for a platinum (with the other being the 600 thumbs-up)

UPDATE: Trophy achieved. Apparently I had 8 wins prior to today, not 7 as I thought I did, since the trophy popped after winning the first-round match-set 2-0.

Edited by lordryuuken
Update on my trophy status

For the 10 tournament wins trophy. Is it just winning 1 match (2 rounds) or winning the whole set (best of 3 matches) against 1 opponent?

Because on PSN Profiles, it says my progress is 1/10 when I won 3 matches. I won 2 matches against 1 guy to move to the next opponent while I won 1 match against another but lost the next 2, so that opponent moved to the next round.

6 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:
For the 10 tournament wins trophy. Is it just winning 1 match (2 rounds) or winning the whole set (best of 3 matches) against 1 opponent?

Because on PSN Profiles, it says my progress is 1/10 when I won 3 matches. I won 2 matches against 1 guy to move to the next opponent while I won 1 match against another but lost the next 2, so that opponent moved to the next round.

You need to win 10 matches (2 rounds), you should have 3/10

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

The dude who beat me, i hope ends up homeless and people walk all over him. 

😂😂😂😂😂

I had 9 wins from previous tournaments (September tournaments) and 2 days now I couldn’t win because other players were pros.10 minutes ago I made 7 wins…f@ck this game.I can feel your frustration but don’t give up you will made it eventually.

3 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

😂😂😂😂😂

I had 9 wins from previous tournaments (September tournaments) and 2 days now I couldn’t win because other players were pros.10 minutes ago I made 7 wins…f@ck this game.I can feel your frustration but don’t give up you will made it eventually.

i know but this idiot. we had 15 out of 28 willing to trade wins just to move the stupid trophy and i get matched with some fuckin Master Rank c*** .

fuck him and his stupid kids and anyone in his life. 

4 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

i know but this idiot. we had 15 out of 28 willing to trade wins just to move the stupid trophy and i get matched with some fuckin Master Rank c*** .

fuck him and his stupid kids and anyone in his life. 

I don't want to defend him, but the other day I was on a tourney where many people, myself included were willing to let the other win one match, but when the actual tourney begin, the other player played like he didn't want to let me any chances, so I just played normally and beat him 2-0, only to find out afterward he was a rookie player and probably played for the trophy, but I didn't see his name on the chat, and without any communications , its not that simple to figure it out that the other player is willing to let you win.

Edited by SoYoung

12 hours ago, SoYoung said:

I don't want to defend him, but the other day I was on a tourney where many people, myself included were willing to let the other win one match, but when the actual tourney begin, the other player played like he didn't want to let me any chances, so I just played normally and beat him 2-0, only to find out afterward he was a rookie player and probably played for the trophy, but I didn't see his name on the chat, and without any communications , its not that simple to figure it out that the other player is willing to let you win.

i got it. At 6am. ffs.

• Like 1

Has anyone else not received the trophy for participation of 5 tournaments? I'm at 6 tournaments and still no plat. 2 wins, 2 top 8's, 1 top 16, and 1 disconnect at the start. 

EDIT: Did another tournament today. Got 2nd place, still no platinum. I don't understand what's going on. 

Edited by Cinderkin

21 hours ago, Cinderkin said:

Has anyone else not received the trophy for participation of 5 tournaments? I'm at 6 tournaments and still no plat. 2 wins, 2 top 8's, 1 top 16, and 1 disconnect at the start. 

EDIT: Did another tournament today. Got 2nd place, still no platinum. I don't understand what's going on. 

Did you check your trophy statistic here or in PlayStation trophies menu? You should see there your completion percent or x/10.

1 hour ago, KinkyMirage said:

Did you check your trophy statistic here or in PlayStation trophies menu? You should see there your completion percent or x/10.

This does not work for PS4 games. I'm stuck at 42/44 trophies for PS4. I did another tournament last night and won, then another this morning and got 2nd. I'm at 8 tournaments played through and 1 that disconnected, and I still don't have play 5 tournaments on PS4. 

On 10/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, Cinderkin said:

This does not work for PS4 games. I'm stuck at 42/44 trophies for PS4. I did another tournament last night and won, then another this morning and got 2nd. I'm at 8 tournaments played through and 1 that disconnected, and I still don't have play 5 tournaments on PS4. 

hum, at this point I'll try a fresh new save. Make a backup of your current save, delete it, and start over again. The online statistics are saved server side so technically it will unlock when you'll participate one more tournament. If its still didn't work, do 4 more and it should pop up at this point.

For everyone on European Servers, we are always try to boost in Server 15. So if ya wanna trade atleast a 1:1, u can get there and just T-Bag at the start to show it. The third match will then be held like a normal match and the winner can go on, but atleast both get 1 win. Hope this helps a bit :)

Edited by Freeze___Fr33ze

On 10/16/2023 at 3:20 AM, Freeze___Fr33ze said:

For everyone on European Servers, we are always try to boost in Server 15. So if ya wanna trade atleast a 1:1, u can get there and just T-Bag at the start to show it. The third match will then be held like a normal match and the winner can go on, but atleast both get 1 win. Hope this helps a bit :)

Thanks a lot for this! I hopped on Europe 15 tonight and someone helped me get two match wins! I was starting to get a little bummed that I kept logging on for these tournaments without being good enough to get any wins against randoms. 

On 10/17/2023 at 2:09 PM, NeoZaine said:

Hi. How doable is to get the platinum for a new player at fighting games? I´m a little bit scared of the tournaments trophies

It's not bad at all. Most of the trophies are just trying different modes. You can easily boost the ones where you need a specific number wins, like with the Avatar Battles and Battle Hub matches.

I actually think the tournament wins can be pretty easy to boost if we're more organized about it. There are certain servers that are pretty much empty at certain times of the day. If we coordinate, we could gather in the same server and get 90%+ trophy boosters in a tournament together. There are barely any tournaments for the rest of the month. If they schedule a good number of them next month, I'll set up a session and Discord server to see if we can get some good boosting done for them. 

• Like 1