Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 3:30 AM, SoYoung said:

It's easy to say "it's not that hard" when you're a platinum player and you unlock the trophy in only 2 days. Even with fundamentals, there's games you're better than others and some of then that you just can't reach out those high ranks. Platinum players and up are the top players of the game. Also, it's known that lower rank restricted tourneys were flooded by higher rank players who chose a low rank character to win them all. 

As much as I like this game, the ranking system is pretty bad. There should be having an overall rank system instead of one for each characters and players should continue to earn rank points during tournaments to avoid those scrubs liking to hijack low level tournaments so this way they couldn't do this forever. On top of that, it seems we don't have any tournaments for the rest of this week at the earliest. So no, this trophy is one of the most annoying one I have to deal with in years and its definitively an hard one to get for a good bunch of players.

I respectfully disagree, the only thing in my mind that sucks about this trophy is the weird schedule. 

On 10/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, Cinderkin said:

This does not work for PS4 games. I'm stuck at 42/44 trophies for PS4. I did another tournament last night and won, then another this morning and got 2nd. I'm at 8 tournaments played through and 1 that disconnected, and I still don't have play 5 tournaments on PS4. 

I have the same issue. Platted PS5 version first and now I'm doing it again on the PS4 version, I'm sure I played more than 5 tournaments and won more than 10 tourny matches on the PS4 version but no trophy for those yet. Did you manage do unlock it for the PS4 version? If positive, could you share what you did?

Edit: I did what someone suggested elsewhere in the thread, deleted my PS4 save and started doing tournaments again from scratch. Sure enough the tournament trophy and the plat popped after the 10th win.

Edited by Kolosovski
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This trophy has to be one of the worst trophies I’ve done in awhile. You constantly have to face master ranked fighters and they don’t give u even 1 win. Add in the fact you have to wait for certain days and times for a tournament. Oh and you can’t do the same type of tournament twice in a day. Such a bad trophy thinking of quitting it but I have this and one more left.

11 hours ago, Grunking1212 said:

This trophy has to be one of the worst trophies I’ve done in awhile. You constantly have to face master ranked fighters and they don’t give u even 1 win. Add in the fact you have to wait for certain days and times for a tournament. Oh and you can’t do the same type of tournament twice in a day. Such a bad trophy thinking of quitting it but I have this and one more left.

The only tournaments you can do 2-3 times is the league rank specific tournaments like rookie league etc. You can join a rookie league tournament, and if there are  only few players signing up for 1 you can ask them to trade win so you at least get a win each tournament. But i agree, this is very time consuming trophy unless you can get a few wins a day with the league rank tournaments.

• Like 1