Jump to content

Tournaments are working!


shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

 

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Capcom: Hey, guys, tournaments have been fi....uck!

 

Does this surprise anyone? Have we already forgotten SF5's launch?

 

I though that they did learn a lesson from SF5 1st & 2nd Year launch (mess)?

 

That time is purely a nightmare, play survival mode > Round 2....ERROR > kick out by server, access the game menu come with Infinity Loading, Rank Match matchmaking > loading....... > Communication Error. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

I though that they did learn a lesson from SF5 1st & 2nd Year launch (mess)?

 

That time is purely a nightmare, play survival mode > Round 2....ERROR > kick out by server, access the game menu come with Infinity Loading, Rank Match matchmaking > loading....... > Communication Error. ?

Yeah, I won't defend the current state of tournaments, but everything else is way better than launch sfv.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Pepe_el_Mago said:

Hey guys, no new tournaments besides the faulty ones on the 27th? 

Nope. No new announcements on twitter yet either. There is going to be a big update for ranked and stuff on August 1st, but no idea if tournaments will be a part of that.

Edited by shadowblade528
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just saw this tweet too.

 

Do appreciate their communication but not sure how I feel about the 'upgrading tournaments for the future' comment.  Sounds like a very real possibility that we're in for a very lengthy wait.

Edited by IceKingzV2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good that they communicate about the problem. I do wonder about the development process thought, they add this feature into the game, but assume very few would use and didn't give the proper attention? Or is the game that is much more popular than they assume it would be? ?

 

8 hours ago, IceKingzV2 said:

Just saw this tweet too.

 

Do appreciate their communication but not sure how I feel about the 'upgrading tournaments for the future' comment.  Sounds like a very real possibility that we're in for a very lengthy wait.

 

"It is an easy plat" they said... ? 

But I don't mind much, I'm having a blast with the game.

 

2 hours ago, Akrioz said:

600 kudos is like... nothing? Could have given Drive Tickets for the trouble.

 

Yeah, it's basically nothing, the game is very generous with Kudos and it purpose are very limited. Anything else would be a better gift.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

In my humble opinion, since 90% of players will NOT play tournaments when they unlock trophies, they should cancel them. Obviously putting two new trophies that REPLACE the old ones, so what can be done. It was done on Rainbow Six Siege. That way, everyone will be more relaxed.
I would put "Win 30 Ranked Matches" and "Win 100 Ranked Matches". A long thing? Yes, but doable. People play, sooner or later they win and the platinum trophy is unlocked.

 

I vote for a different trophy. Just like SSF4's c2c trophy, we should get, "Rank all base game characters to Master." We can call the trophy:

 

The JWong

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weren't tournaments in private lobbies during one of the beta tests?

 

I think this should be the main focus for now.  I've watched some streamers do private lobbies with viewers and doing a tournament setup would be fun.  But also, it lets people boost or work towards this trophy with friends.

 

Then they can focus on their server-wide tournaments later so Sebastian can stay employed behind that event's counter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Siriodorione said:

In my humble opinion, since 90% of players will NOT play tournaments when they unlock trophies, they should cancel them. Obviously putting two new trophies that REPLACE the old ones, so what can be done. It was done on Rainbow Six Siege. That way, everyone will be more relaxed.
I would put "Win 30 Ranked Matches" and "Win 100 Ranked Matches". A long thing? Yes, but doable. People play, sooner or later they win and the platinum trophy is unlocked.

 

It's weird that they didn't include any trophies for ranked matches, specially in this game were the ranking system is more friendly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

 

I vote for a different trophy. Just like SSF4's c2c trophy, we should get, "Rank all base game characters to Master." We can call the trophy:

 

The JWong

It would be difficult xD

I thought about those two trophies because they're as simple as the two about tournaments, so it wouldn't change their mind to give a platinum that isn't too much of a challenge.
In the end, however, anything would be fine, at least we can do it!
Otherwise put the private tournaments.

Edited by Siriodorione
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...