Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

15 hours ago, shadowblade528 said:

It's weird that this "upgrade" didn't happen before release since Capcom themselves put an emphasis on tournaments by making them the hardest trophies. At least they're acknowledging them now though instead of absolute silence for over a month.

Maybe someone at Capcom thought the demand would be lower the last time, and didn't want to expend extra money on the "upgrade", but since it has not lowered, they finally accepted the extra cost. It would align with they promising of a kudos gift instead of anything of value.

Or maybe a dev fixed another problem and thought it was also related with the tournaments, but it was not.

Edited by kluhyarg

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the moment the game came back online after maintenance, but I didn't post because @DeepEyes7 got it right away. I am still debating if I will stay awake for another dissapointment, their update comment doesn't really inspire much confidence that the tournaments will run flawless this time. They are just saying they did something but they may still fail and will be cancelled again. Take your own desicion. Right now there's only 1 date and 2 tournaments.

That is why I decided to point out the following:

1.- The event schedule in their web page still doesn't show the tournaments for today/tomorrow the 18th, and still there is no info regarding these new tournaments anywhere I could find at this time. 

2.- The event (in game) reads as: 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Upcoming League-Separated Tournament

The large influx of players attempting to join July's League-Separated Tournament led to some issues, but we've made adjustments to improve the experience, and will be holding the tournament again during the period below!

Schedule: 8/18/2023 6:00 - 8/18/2023 8:59

Entry is avaliable from one hour before each of the scheduled start times.

Head to the Battle Hub Event Counter for more details.

While we have new measures in place to deal with an influx of entries, unexpected server load, or other errors occurring, may result in the tournament beign suspended again.

We hope you continue to enjoy Street Fighter 6!. 

---------------------------------------------------------

I apologize if there is a typo anywhere in there as my eyesight is currently not at 100% due to illness

Edited by Sagaftw3
typo*

51 minutes ago, Sagaftw3 said:

I noticed the moment the game came back online after maintenance, but I didn't post because @DeepEyes7 got it right away. I am still debating if I will stay awake for another dissapointment, their update comment doesn't really inspire much confidence that the tournaments will run flawless this time. They are just saying they did something but they may still fail and will be cancelled again. Take your own desicion. Right now there's only 1 date and 2 tournaments.

That is why I decided to point out the following:

1.- The event schedule in their web page still doesn't show the tournaments for today/tomorrow the 18th, and still there is no info regarding these new tournaments anywhere I could find at this time. 

2.- The event (in game) reads as: 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Upcoming League-Separated Tournament

The large influx of players attempting to join July's League-Separated Tournament led to some issues, but we've made adjustments to improve the experience, and will be holding the tournament again during the period below!

Schedule: 8/18/2023 6:00 - 8/18/2023 8:59

Entry is avaliable from one hour before each of the scheduled start times.

Head to the Battle Hub Event Counter for more details.

While we have new measures in place to deal with an influx of entries, unexpected server load, or other errors occurring, may result in the tournament beign suspended again.

We hope you continue to enjoy Street Fighter 6!. 

---------------------------------------------------------

I apologize if there is a typo anywhere in there as my eyesight is currently not at 100% due to illness

I think they're trying to keep it lowkey so too many people don't show up. I really hope they work this time though.

Looks like they might have managed to get them working properly now.

Don't forget, when you sign up for a tournament you need to be in the specified lobby.  My R1 opponent no showed and a few people in the lobby were complaining about getting DQ'd for not being in the correct lobby.

7 wins until I'm free.

12 minutes ago, IceKingzV2 said:

Looks like they might have managed to get them working properly now.

Don't forget, when you sign up for a tournament you need to be in the specified lobby.  My R1 opponent no showed and a few people in the lobby were complaining about getting DQ'd for not being in the correct lobby.

7 wins until I'm free.

I hope you get those wins because let me tell you something it feels great to be free and have the platinum. 

1 hour ago, Johnnybaz85 said:

I have a question, did anyone manage to enter an empty room and thereby win the tournament? Also does each win ( a match) in the tournament count towards the 10 tournament wins trophy?

Idk about the empty room thing. I doubt it. To answer your other question, yes, you just have to win 10 matches. If you somehow ended up winning every match in one tournament, you'd get the trophy.

Edited by shadowblade528
  • Like 1